Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gypsy Rap
Topic Started: Nov 1 2010, 05:29 AM (5,253 Views)
laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Rashid Hassan continued from Calculations))

If deja vu could be applied across an entire day rather than a single defining moment, then Rashid would have felt it quite a bit as he made his way through an expanse of tree stumps with his traveling companion. They still hadn't gotten into anything quite so tense as the mansion with other people, and they certainly hadn't gotten into anything quite so tense (violently or...otherwise) with each other as they did not 24 hours ago. Like Harun, Rashid had found time to eat, pray, sleep. About the only thing different apart from an appearance that had gotten respectively grittier as island life began to take its toll was his thought patterns.

He still believed that Harun knew he was useless, and he practically nodded to agree when his companion went on and on with his bullshit about how Rashid supposedly wasn't. But deception tactics were all part of this game. People were going to lie to each other in order to get the other guy to do all kinds of shit, the foremost kind of shit being turning their back at that moment when the first guy decided that he was going to play. Moreover, the preceding 24 hours to "think" allowed it to settle in from his earlier raging state. It ate away at him, to be sure, but at least it wasn't nearly as painful.

In any case, such an moment actually did not occur to pass his mind when Harun suddenly tripped forward whilst the two found themselves drawn to conversation between people that were actually alive. The repeated mention of genitalia certainly piqued his attention, though even he couldn't tell if it was supposed to humor him or anger him at that point.

"Shit, you okay!?" he said, trying to keep his voice down despite really sounding concerned. No way he was going to let his 'best friend' die. Not accidentally.

"You go see if you can find them. I think you should be the one to introduce us first this time around."

Suddenly, it seemed, his uselessness actually had a use in itself. It didn't change the fact that he still didn't have a weapon. But it wasn't as if people were getting viciously murdered over there, which meant the chances that Rashid would suffer that fate upon sighting them where Harun was interrupted and then greeting them was slimmer than if they were being viciously murdered. Only just. But hell, he'd already come to terms with his mortality. How hard could it be?

The conversation had started to die down, and from the looks of things, probably whatever fight had been going on before he arrived. There were two guys, and two girls, but he couldn't make out their faces at this light.

"'Scuse me?" he called out, briefly waving his arms above his head. He would have started his more usual busting-in greeting, but four possibly armed-to-the-teeth opponents definitely wouldn't take as likely to his greeting than they would have done during the meetings of the Insane Commie Posse. "You guys having fun over there?"

Not once did it cross his mind that he had probably given Harun that moment he was waiting for himself.

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Yeah, mine's not that good.))

"Uhm, hi. We're getting ready to turn in for the night I think. I don't know if that's fun or not."
"Stacy, don't worry, he's cool, he's so fucking cool right now! Rash!"

Speak of the devil.

Even on the island, there were no shortage of coincidences. Like having the greeting returned by a member of the same Insane Commie Posse he was thinking about right before he up and extended salutations a group of possibly well-armed students from the top of a hill where anyone with a firearm (specifically, a certain someone behind him at that moment) could pick him off if they aimed right.

"H-hey! I...I'm so glad to see you Rash, I...look, we're all okay, everyone in the Commie club is okay! I was with Sarah Dutchy and Roland a few days ago, and no one's been on the announcements or anything! I..."

The first thing Rash did in reaction, of course, was reach for his bag despite knowing full well that there was only a bottle of pills inside to "defend" himself with. As if whatever was in the first aid kit was really any better against two people that had every opportunity to put him in the middle of a fatal threesome right then and there. At least there was room to bolt to either side of him.

"Hey Brenda-! Fuck...

"Harun? Is that Harun Rash?"

"Yeah, he is," he said, throwing a smirk at his repeatedly-fallen friend. Not that Harun would notice that smirk from the way his face was shadowed out. And yet even in broad daylight, it would have not betrayed something else he felt then. There was something particularly...satisfying...about seeing his friend falling like that. Maybe it wasn't vengeance, but...vulnerability. Not that it stopped him from his current if not somewhat temporary obligation to help him back up.

Yet as Rashid went over to help Harun, it seemed like someone else shared his feeling. Just not from where they were, right now.

"You don't have anyone else back there do you? Not Maddy or Vera or someon-"

And then, the announcement. The voice of Danya every (12) hour(s), on the hour, announcing who had died, but more importantly those people that accepted the one fact of life and death on this island itself. Namely, those that decided to play. If someone as apathetic about everything as Cisco Vasquez could accept that, then it wouldn't exactly be a challenge for others to do so. Friendship be damned, the real challenge was how to translate that acceptance into action.

As Rashid tried to help his inevitable betrayer up, he noticed Brendan, stunned stiff from the announcement. Whatever faint sense of satisfaction he felt now was probably solidified just that bit more to know that - at least from the faint silhouette of his figure - he seemed vulnerable as well.
Edited by laZardo, Dec 8 2010, 07:52 AM.

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Wow, and Rashid is now two days inactive. Thanks bundles for rewarding my patience. :P))

Of all the reactions Rashid could have given to the reading of the dead, a yawn was not exactly the most appropriate. But given the fact that he barely got enough sleep as it was, well, it was almost natural.

Brendan went back over to Stacy, and began to talk with her. Meanwhile, Rashid put a hand over his eyebrows as a visor, to watch the sun rise over the horizon as he wondered exactly what they were talking about from where he stood. Probably about how they'd have him and Harun for breakfast when morning finally finished its slow march over the horizon. But he practically expected it from them. It was just a matter of when, not if. But that didn't stop him from deciding to spend whatever was left of the night with them, if only to ironically delay the 'when.'

And as long as they made it quick and painless while he was sleeping, it wasn't as if he wouldn't go without regret.

Well, maybe if he did get the opportunity to make his final peace with God before that, then he could go quickly and/or painlessly in his sleep without regret. He was probably who-knew-how-many days late on his prayers, exigent circumstances notwithstanding.

"Come on, man..." he said to his dazed and stunned traveling companion, his grogginess masking what felt like a lack of empathy, "Let's get some rest or something." He reached out an arm, inviting Harun to hang onto him in case he fell yet again. Or, given that Rashid's vision was starting to blur, for him to hang onto Harun in case he suddenly came down with narcolepsy. This time there weren't any uncomfortable connotations in this invitation, at least not to Rashid. Besides which, that's what they would have Brendan and what appeared to be Erik in the crowd for.

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Fuck me I'm inactive. Sorry if this ain't much.))

Right. Hermione was dead too. Maybe that's what she got for thinking that she could do things all by her lonesome. And there was this game's catch-22. You needed people if you didn't want to die. On the other hand you were more likely to die around the presence of people. He didn't need to reiterate the reasons that was more possible than dying alone[/i] by collar explosion. Yet it suddenly dawned - no pun intended - on him that of all the ways he feared his manner of death, dying alone was about the one thing he feared more.

As he followed Harun to the group he saw everyone getting ready for "bed."

Rashid stayed awake for a while after everyone dozed off. Maybe getting as much sleep as he did meant the powers that be allowed him the privilege of staying up late. And that was something he'd taken for granted quite often in the weeks before he arrived here. Or maybe he just didn't want to get backstabbed in his sleep (no small feat given a few people to roll him over.) Still, it was too dark to see most anything at the moment apart from the silhouettes of the sleeping figures. He turned his gaze toward his sleeping companion from the Insane Commie Posse.

It was a shame. The darkness made it a bit too risky to try stealing anything that wasn't too overly conspicuous, and that wasn't counting risking Stacy noticing and raising the alarm. Which left nothing to do apart from try to find some other way to pass the time.

"So...Stacy," he asked, "What brings you here?"

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The night, or what was left of it, passed fairly quickly into morning. And with the morning sun came a new day, new opportunities for (albeit quiet) prayer, interrupted with new announcements detailing new killers and corpses liberated from the mortal coil, and...a new guest. Seeing Sapphire running out of the woods was enough to keep Rashid from succumbing to his own fatigue, but - perhaps to his own disappointment - it was everyone else's waking reaction to her appearance that was enough to prevent him from taking the opportunity to go for Harun's gunblade.

Then Brendan kissed Erik and left. Okay, maybe that was what really prevented Rashid from going for the gunblade. Because in all honesty...it was...actually...kinda hot. No. Don't get distracted. Don't let it give them the opportunity.

And speaking of opportunity, Harun had woken up as well, taking such opportunity with him.

"Now what?"

"Now, I think it might be your turn to stand guard over me," Rashid grumbled, stretching his arms out. Maybe it was his exhaustion, or maybe he'd learned to control himself, but he also came dangerously close to thinking out loud, silently mouthing his thoughts as he leaned back where he sat.

It's not like I have a weapon I'd be sorely tempted to steal while I'm asleep. If you're gonna kill me, at least do me a favor and plant it between my eyes like you should have, you coward.

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Yeah, tossing my hat into hurrying it along with this crappy post.))

As the new entries arrived with the day time, Rashid decided it was now his turn to turn in. Settling his bag by the tree stump where he'd kept watch, he curled up and let the happy reunions quiet his nerves to slumber. And dispel the fact that rocky gravel wasn't exactly the best terrain for sleeping on, rolling and turning quite a bit before he even felt the first tinge of sleepiness. Eventually though, he seemed to settle to a position that wasn't quite as discomforting as he hoped.

"Shh..." he mumbled to himself as he attempted closed his eyes, "Only dreams now..."

((Giving Goose permission to drag Rashid out with him.))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply