Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Various Downsides of Becoming "Paranoid as Balls"; The Return of Everyones Favorite Stoner/Perv!
Topic Started: Oct 24 2010, 11:14 AM (4,579 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nick nodded in response to Teo’s strategy. It sounded just as good as any to him. He was having trouble thinking. It had been like that for him since they’d left the warehouse. Nick hadn’t been as cheerily conversational as he normally was during this past day. He kept thinking of his sister and his mom, his dog Dixie, Jessica. He was thinking about his girls. It broke his heart to imagine them, but he couldn’t stop.

You’ll never see them again.

Don’t say that. Don’t.

You probably won't.

I will! I just have to want it most. I can try. I really want to. I miss them. It’s been three days and I miss them. It feels like it’s been three years.

He reached into his pocket and put on some chap stick. It was almost a nervous habit. Teo went one way and Nick decided to go the other way, coming at the two from a different angle. He stalked to another nearby carnival booth and when he heard Teo come out, he approached them, trying his best to imitate his own jaunty walk that he’d had in regular life.

“Hi Jay!” he called out. “Hi…..hockey stick girl!”

Nick stayed far enough back so that he could use the booth for cover if Jay began shooting. His hunga munga was still grasped tightly in his hands, but kept low near his belt.
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nick tilted his head. Jay was acting pretty strange. He was screaming and flailing around and falling over. How strange. Why did he do that?

"We're not looking to hurt anyone just yet so just give us the supplies and we can part ways. No big deal. We don't have to make this a big thing."

Teo nodded. Nick's lips set in a thin line and he advanced a few steps.

His sight was focused on the girl. Hers was the weapon with the blood on it and despite the fact that Jay had a gun, the blood was evidence of the fact that she was willing to use her weapon. He was tense and held his hunga munga at the ready, just in case.

I want to make it out, but could I really attack a girl? I told Teo to waste Clio. I wasn't going to be the one to do it. I- I don't know if I can.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A shot rang out and the sound of impact indicated they had been aiming for Teo. Nick crouched and saw Teo whirl around and fire back. At the same time Janet had her hockey stick at the ready, telling him to move. Another voice, Gracie shouting at them and Teo telling her to stay down. Teo was going for the shooter. His eye caught the blood covering the end of the hockey stick.

She’s made the choice already. Go.

“Sorry.”

He said it and he meant it. Not entirely just a “sorry” though. It tailed off as if to say “Sorry, but….” He put one foot forward hefted his weapon back and then swung at the girl’s torso.
Edited by Ruggahissy, Nov 27 2010, 11:24 AM.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sorry sorry sorry! Everyone in the thread gets little favor coupons cause I took so long :'( ))

The blade cut through the air and the satisfying resistance of flesh never met his touch. The girl was on the floor now. Lucky, she had gotten lucky. She could be lucky this time, it wouldn't last.

Nick had lost sight of Teo in the commotion, Gracie as well. His world was focused on the small bubble of vision that encompassed him, Jay and the girl. Jay went somewhere away and he didn't exist anymore. Just him and the girl now. Blood rushed around his head and drowned out the noise. His fingers tingled, stuck full of invisible needles as he prepared to swing again, this time a downward blow to the girl. Suddenly, she sprang up and went at him, crashing into his torso. He didn't go down right away. He was much too solid for that, but the shock did cause him to drop his weapon. The weight of the girl wasn't enough to get him to his knees, but it caused him to stumble and his own clumsiness tangled his feet and the two of them went down in a heap.

He wasn't thinking anything. His mind was a blank but a feeling pervaded his body. Nick had to get her, he had to kill her. Why did he have to kill her? There was a reason. He was sure there was. The instinct was too rushed to provide it for him, but it assured him there was a good reason that he would remember if he killed her. When he killed her.

Nick sat up and grabbed her arm. Warm, soft, just like girls should be.

And then a shot. A frenzy of fear cleared out the previous feeling and he looked around to see what had happened. Jay. He was trying to get their attention. Without him knowing consciously what he did, his grip on her arm became loose. His hand slipped down, it was almost as if he was holding her hand. He looked at the boy with the gun, waiting.
Edited by Ruggahissy, Dec 23 2010, 07:17 AM.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nick swallowed breathlessly, eyes darting back and forth between the various players. The warmth of the girl, her slender wrist in his large, clumsy hand, was there one second and gone the next. The girl had snapped out of the momentary calm caused by the gun shots fractions of a second faster than he had and lunged for his fallen weapon.

"-you murderous whore"

An arrow cut straight past them, missed Janet by a hair and stuck into the ground. Nick stood up as fast as his cumbersome frame would allow and this time it was him with the luck as his own weapon flew just past his shoulder. Jay had run off, leaving Janet behind and it seemed that Janet wasn't keen on staying with them on her own.

Nick watched as they disappeared. He breathed deeply; he could feel how jittery the adrenaline had made him now. Calm as he could, he walked to the booth and picked the hunga munga up.

"Yeah. Let's go," he said in response to Gracie.

"There's nothing here for us now."

((Nick LeMonde continued in Pretty Handsome Awkward ))
things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Fun Fair · Next Topic »
Add Reply