Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Various Downsides of Becoming "Paranoid as Balls"; The Return of Everyones Favorite Stoner/Perv!
Topic Started: Oct 24 2010, 11:14 AM (4,585 Views)
VinnyMcQ
Member Avatar
Has all the balls
[ *  *  * ]
(The return of Carla Conners. And me. Yay)

Carla Conners didn’t know why she was drawn to the fun fair of all places. Especially since marked places on the map would be the first place to find people. And people would kill her. I haven’t seen anybody since like, forever. Wandering alone across the island had taken its toll on her. Before the trip she’d compared herself to Angelina Jolie and not many people would argue against it. That was then. She was tired and hungry. Lonely and cold. The bags under her eyes betrayed her lack of sleep. Her shoes were filthy and there were spatters of mud on her face. Just keeping her eyes open was a struggle. But she was alive. The burning in her legs told her that much. She was surviving, every breath was full of defiance, a small ‘fuck you’ to Danya.

But people were killing each other. Her friends were killing each other. That shouldn’t be happening. We’re good, we’re all good and good people don’t kill people. These are people you’ve known for years. You couldn’t kill anyone of ‘em if you tried. Not to save yourself, not to save anyone. But them, they have killed. They can keep on killing. You won’t have to do a thing; they’ll just whittle themselves down to nothing while you skip on your merry way. Maybe I’ll go to the beach next. It’ll be nice to see the sea. Haha see the sea. These thoughts weren’t new to her; she’d been having them for days.

She walked into the fun fair hesitantly. She was alert and looking in all directions. It wasn’t long before she heard voices. Slipping the gun out of her bag she tried to ignore how good it felt to hold it. She’d never liked guns. Now she felt comforted by it. She tried to call out to whoever it was, but her voice was weak and raspy. Unable to get above a whisper she instead waved her arms frantically in their direction. She almost jumped up and down, but that was one satisfaction Danya would have to wait for.

I'm not as awesome as this song makes out
I'm angry, underweight and sketching out
I'm building bonfires on my vanities and doubts
To get warm just like everybody else

Quote:

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VinnyMcQ
Member Avatar
Has all the balls
[ *  *  * ]
Shit, shit oh fuck this! Shit’s going down.

Carla quickly ducked behind an old stall as two imposing figures stealthily made their way towards Janet and Jay. JJ hehe. Since she’d been unable to raise her voice above a whisper they hadn’t noticed her. So she hadn’t joined their group. So she wasn’t about to be killed. I can stop them. No, I can’t. Not without shooting them. Hurting them. Killing them. I-I can’t. This isn’t how it’s supposed to happen! She grit her teeth and shifted into a more comfortable position. She opened and closed her fingers around the gun. If it comes down to it…

It certainly looked as if it was coming down to it. Or maybe it wasn’t. A nice, regular sleeping pattern was essential for the mind to function properly. Erratic didn’t even begin to cover hers. She needed to rest. Get her wits about her. Witless I am without my wits. I mean who knows when I’ll do something incredibly stupid. Johnny Depp is sooo hot. He’d pull some crazy shit to get us out of here. She slithered backwards so that she was as hidden as she could be. Is my ass sticking in the air? Get a good look fat boy.

They were talking now. Nothing was kicking off just yet. She was fine. She could stay hidden. It wasn’t wrong. No one was going to die because of her. Unless it wasn’t but what was she going to do? Jumping in with a gun wasn’t going to help anybody. That was surprisingly rational. I thought we decided we were doing the whole crazy thing. Thank you, we were but now we aren’t. Got that?

Doesn’t stop you being a coward though does it?

No.

Quote:

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

VinnyMcQ
Member Avatar
Has all the balls
[ *  *  * ]
(Apologies if I’m breaking post order, this is only so I don’t go inactive)

Carla continued observing the scene before her. Her mind kept telling her to not get involved. Her trigger finger was annoyingly itchy. I can make this into my good deed. I don’t have to kill anyone I can just- NO. TOO RISKY. Shut up brain . Carla agreed with herself that she wasn’t ready to kill someone. But if she was going to be a good guy GIRL then she couldn’t just let people steal from each other. And you didn’t have to be a genius to know what these boys were doing. And it doesn’t look like that other thing that the boys do.

Jay had fallen down and the boys were advancing on Janet with their weapons at the ready. There was no way for the girl to save herself, it was up to ME Carla raised her gun and took hold of it with both hands. Eeny, meeny, miny, MO. Sorry crossbow boy. She squinted down the sight. Have you ever even fired a gun? You’ll never hit him from this distance. Yeah but we aren’t doing the killing thing.

Not yet.

The gunshot muffled her reply.

Quote:

VinnyMcQ
Member Avatar
Has all the balls
[ *  *  * ]
Her eyes widened as crossbow boy whirled around and loosed a bolt in her direction. I wasn’t expecting that. Maybe it’s a warning shot? What the fuck no, crossbows don’t make BANGS do they? Carla threw herself into the dirt. I mean he must be trying to kill you she crawled behind the stall again. Her hands were shaking. This is real. Of course its real have you just noticed? Christ I can’t work in these conditions. Carla’s rationality began packing bags and considering a vacation. She chanced a look around the corner of the stall.

There was a girl running over. Gracie. She’s with them. Eesh that running can’t be good for her she could have a heart attack. Crossbow boy took his eyes off her. Carla grabbed her pack and ran pell-mell to another stand. She tossed her bag behind it and did an ungraceful dive/fall into cover. Nice. Shut it. She took a deep breath. Leant out. Saw crossbow. Her finger tightened on the trigger. Do it. No, I can’t. We went to school together. She had him dead in her sights. He doesn’t care about that. He’d kill you in a flash. He’s already tried. I shot him first. Shot at him anyway. To protect them, that’s all. Not to kill anyone. She lowered the gun. Retreated behind the stall again.

Her mouth opened without conscious thought driving it to do so.

‘What are you doing?’ She cried. ‘We can’t just do this. It’s what they want. What have they done to you?’

Quote:

VinnyMcQ
Member Avatar
Has all the balls
[ *  *  * ]
(Sorry about the wait, I'm back now)

Carla jumped when she heard crossbow’s voice so close to her. After she heard what he said she giggled. ‘How about you put down your not gun? Not gonna do it are you so what makes you think I’ll put mine down? Where did this come from? Shut up, I’m on a roll. She got up and faced the stand. Her gun was raised. ‘And don’t say you’ll be forced to kill me’ She snapped ‘because if I see you move from behind that stand I’ll know you’re coming for me and I’ll shoot. From this distance even if I was trying to give you another warning shot I think you’d still get it.’

Carla swallowed and tried not to hyperventilate. Her lips were dry. ‘I did what I wanted; you and your buddy didn’t get what you want. If you had any brains at all you’d take your whore and just FUCK OFF before it’s too late.’ She risked a look over her shoulder. No one there. No one to worry about. Just this joker to worry about. Then we can get away and never ever come back here.

Ok. Just let me do this one thing before we go.

NO WAI-

‘And don’t think you’ll be able to pull this again because I’m going to tell everyone just what your game is.’

Are you just trying to make this guy kill you?

Shut up.

Edited by VinnyMcQ, Dec 17 2010, 11:27 AM.

Quote:

VinnyMcQ
Member Avatar
Has all the balls
[ *  *  * ]
Carla took her chance and ran while crossbow boy was looking the other way. The wind was battering her eyes and she was blinking hard to keep herself from welling up. She saw the exit to the fairground in front of her. Between her and it there was an open space with no cover to speak of. He’s busy now, but what if he’s right? You did hear what the radio said right? she stopped short of freedom to catch her breath behind a coconut shy. Any minute now crossbow might remember her and take the chance to shoot her in the back as she crossed the open ground. Or Jay might shoot them all and come to finish her off. Or Janet could fight her way through everyone and come for her. Or you could stick with your gut and just get the hell out, consequences be damned. You made your choice. If he lives he’ll tell everyone whose side you’re on, if he doesn’t kill them first. You can’t make the same mistake you made this time.

She pushed herself up so he was crouched next to the balanced coconuts. It was all kicking off in the fairground. Carla didn’t know if she’d made it better or worse by intervening. But Jay had a gun now so if she took her gun out of the equation then the stakes wouldn’t have shifted that much. They could look after themselves. As she turned and made ready to leave she thought she could hear a voice on the wind. She sprinted across the open ground, ignoring the semi-expected pain that took hold of her.

There’s nothing you or no one else can say. I know what I have to do.

(Carla Conners continued elsewhere)

Quote:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Fun Fair · Next Topic »
Add Reply