Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Various Downsides of Becoming "Paranoid as Balls"; The Return of Everyones Favorite Stoner/Perv!
Topic Started: Oct 24 2010, 11:14 AM (4,575 Views)
armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Janet Binachi continued from Darkness Within.))

Janet was exhausted. She had walked all over that fucking forest yesterday, taken a brief nap around 5 am, and had just heard the most recent announcement. It seemed like people were a hell of a lot more dangerous than she had expected.

Her inner peace was shattered by a string of profanities somewhere to the north. The voice was familiar.... Janet crouched down slightly, looking around. She didn't see anybody. She walked toward the voice, cursing slightly as her jeans caught on underbrush. She lifted her hockey stick to keep it from catching, which did nothing except make her arm tired. Suddenly she tripped, falling face first into a bush. This was an unpleasant experience. She stood, pulling leaves out of her hair, and began hacking at the bush irritably. It was petty, sure, but it was also a bit cathartic.

She heard a clunk. Which was not a sound she associated with a bush. She stepped forward slightly, a quizzical look on her face. A shoe. There was a shoe in the bush.

'.... What.'

She didn't know why it surprised her so much. She picked it up, staring at it in mild disbelief. Maybe it was because she hadn't seen anybody in an entire day. It was an interesting sign of life.

Of course, she had heard people dying. Or at least being shot at. She would need to get her hands on a gun if she wanted to really play.

Or at least a better weapon than the Hockey Stick.

A scream- male voice, somewhere.... Janet turned, looking carefully. The voice had come from... somewhere more west of her current position. She set off in that direction.

Shortly, she arrived at a rusty gate. The Fun Fair. How ironic. She could see someone flipping the fuck out over a dead body.

A decapitated body, in fact.

And the person....

"Jay?"
V5 Character(s)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jay's surprise and obvious nervousness was not unwarranted. Janet watched him babble endlessly, about the bodies and the blood and losing his head. She smiled, then began to laugh. It wasn't really that funny- he had a good reason to be nervous, as she had, y'know, killed someone. But at the moment, murder wasn't what was on her mind.

"A rather astute, if redundant, observation. I would say that, yes, somebody did chop this boy's head off. Additionally, in response to your question, my destination is undecided, and yes, it is warm. Not tropically. I'd imagine this island is too far North, since the forest is mostly coniferous rather than deciduous trees. However, it is not unseasonably warm for early summer, and the nights are, in the vernacular, as cold as balls."

Now for the elephant on the Ferris Wheel.

"I... I know you've heard by now. About Everett. It... I'm not proud of it. Violence is the last resort of the stupid, and the first resort of the incredibly anti-social," she said, turning away slightly.

She looked down, toward the ground. She was fortunate that Jay was so nervous- she was not a terrific actress, and someone with a grasp on the situation would probably see some tell-tale tells. "Everett... he.... He assaulted me. He had a knife, said he would gut me if I didn't give him my supplies. Well, giving up my supplies was not an option. Fortunately, he had miscalculated. I had much greater reach with my weapon.... Well, the long story short is... I won."

She cleared her throat, looking away from Jay as though composing herself, then looked back.

"Anyway, that's my side of the story. I wouldn't be surprised if Danya paints people who were just protecting themselves in an ambiguous light to sow discord among us. Anyway. What have you been doing?"
V5 Character(s)

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
Janet smiled as Jay stammered on and on. It was kinda cute. She supposed that his nervousness was stemming partially from the body and partially from her surprising him. She stepped a little closer, keeping her eyes on Jay.

'He could be useful. Of course he could be useful. He's probably got more upper body strength than me. He's also not as smart as me, which may make him easy to control.'

.... Am I really having this thought? How horrible.'

And yet.... And yet it's necessary, isn't it? I don't play to lose. I play to win. I'm... probably going to have to try new ways to control him. Intimidation won't work....'

Oh God. I'm going to have to be flirty. UGH.'

Did he just hit himself in the forehead?'

Janet blinked slightly, frowning slightly in concern as Jay hit himself on the head. He quickly explained his strange action, then got a little sarcastic about the headless body. Janet glanced down at the body, thinking for a moment.

"Well, I would like to sit down and maybe eat something. But I definitely don't want to sit here with a dead body. That's just kinda gross."

She stepped slightly closer to Jay, pointing toward the old carousel. She gently, with almost calculated incidence, brushed her hand against Jay's chest.

"Over there looks nice."
V5 Character(s)

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
Janet smiled as Jay blabbered on about vomiting and carousels. She ignored him while she plotted.

'Jay will be useful, if only as a layer of meat between me and the people who want to kill me.

Ugh. This Fun Fair is too open. Too many places for people to hide, and we're out in the open.

I think merely thinking that thought is inviting Murphy's law to strike us all down and kill us until we die from it.'

She took Jay's proffered hand and climbed onto the carousel beside him. The carousel was old, with the horses made out of wood- an abundant resource on this island. The paint that used to mark the horses was fading, chipping, and in some cases covered in what appeared to be bird excrement. It was probably poetic- something about how even the most beautiful objects could be tarnished or... well, shat upon.

As Jay had chosen an excrement free spot to sit, Janet was comfortable sitting beside him. The carousel was just far enough out of the sun to have a slight chill to it. Janet, with no small mental effort, placed her hockey stick down, leaned against a headless horse. She leaned forward slightly to lift her day pack to her lap. With deliberate incidence, she put her hand on Jay's knee and leaned against him slightly, with a small sigh- she hoped of contentment, she had never had cause to sigh in contentment before.
V5 Character(s)

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
Janet jumped internally when Nick spoke. She spun, grabbing her hockey stick and dropping her weight slightly.

Then Jay went crazy. He ran around, yelling and raving and generally freaking the fuck out. He accused her of planning something with Nick, the prick. See if she would flirt with him anymore. She glanced around and saw the actual accomplice of Nick's. Teo- she knew he was on the wrestling team, and he had a ranged weapon. Shit. Jay also had a ranged weapon, and he had just fallen off the carousel. Janet kept her eyes on Teo- a larger threat, as Nick would have to approach her to attack.

"Excuse my colleague's panic. I was trying to ease his tension a little bit, and you just went and undid all that work. Thanks."

She approached Jay, carefully acting like she wasn't scared shit-less. It was important to avoid showing fear- showing fear meant that Teo and Nick had the upper hand. Janet considered what Jay had said just before falling, about not having his gun loaded. She glanced in his still open bag as she walked past- she didn't see ammo, and had no time to search. She finally approached Jay's dazed body and pretended to check his vitals, taking his gun very carefully and hiding it down her shirt. She imagined Jay would be quite happy with that once he woke up.

She straightened and looked at Teo again. She was already planning, trying to think of how to get out of this without getting hurt.

Oh, and Jay should probably survive too.

'If only so I can make him suffer for suspecting me.'

Janet blinked slightly, a little surprised by her own vehemence. That wasn't her normal way of thinking.

"What do you want, Teo?" Janet asked, allowing her voice to sound a little exasperated.
V5 Character(s)

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
Janet kept her eyes on Teo, her panic growing. His weapon was deadly and pointing straight at her- Death was staring her in the face, as it were. And Nick was behind her- he was more gentle and seemed less... violent about wanting to take everything that was keeping her and Jay alive.

If Janet were a religious person, she would be praying to God for deliverance. And lo! did He send an angel to save her.

A new player had entered the game, firing a shot in Teo's direction. Janet didn't wait to see if it connected, instead spinning and moving to the left in order to avoid getting shot.

Oh damn. Another variable- Jay was awakening. Without much gentleness, Janet pushed him back down and snapped, "Stay down!"

Her eyes focused on Nick, and her hockey stick came up into a prepared position for a strike, but she didn't strike yet.

"I don't want to hurt you, Nick. Move."
V5 Character(s)

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
Time slowed down. Janet knew why- adrenaline pumping into her brain, messing with her perception of nature. She dropped her weight and readied herself to fall back. Jay was yelling something behind her- her brain caught one important word- clip. Good, that would-

Something hit the back of her knees. Time snapped back to full speed as she collapsed in an undignified heap on top of Jay. She snarled slightly, noting- with some satisfaction- that Nick's swing had passed straight overhead. She wasted no time as she pressed back into Jay and jabbed the butt of her stick toward Nick's knee. She slipped the gun out of her bra with her free hand and put it in Jay's hand. "Focus on Teo, keep him pressured. His weapon is more dangerous," she snapped, popping up onto her feet and lunging, shoulder first, her full weight into Nick's stomach.
V5 Character(s)

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Terribly sorry about dragging my feet on this. Personal reasons causing Writer's Block, terrible excuse.))

Janet's tackle seemed useless at first, only succeeding in making Nick drop his weapon (it nearly struck Janet's hip, which would have been painful). Still, the man boy stumbled back, tripping over his own feet and dragging Janet down with him. Her own weapon bounced out of her grip as her head slammed into the boy's chest, sending stars across her vision. She tried to struggle away, but felt Nick's grip clench on her arm. He seemed distracted suddenly, as Janet struggled to get away.

BANG!

Janet jumped slightly, but did not dissolve into panic. She wasn't in pain, so she assumed she had not been shot. Nick, on the other hand, looked around for a moment, his grip loosening and his hand sliding to rest on Janet's. Despite the intensity of the moment, and Nick being her enemy, she still flushed red with embarrassment. Still, no need to let that slow her down. She tore her hand away, spinning and diving for Nick's dropped weapon.
V5 Character(s)

armeggedonCounselor
Member Avatar
D--> I need a towel
[ *  *  *  * ]
Janet got her hand around the handle of the axe and sprang up with a cry of triumph, which slipped into one of surprise as something zipped past her face. She spun in the direction it had come from to see Teo holding his crossbow on her and... Jay. Running away.

Son of a bitch.

She was out matched here. There was no way she was going to be able to fight both of them, and she doubted Teo cared enough for Nick to stop trying to kill her if she were to threaten him. Her stuff was nearby, and an exit as well. First things first- she twisted back and flung the axe in Teo's direction. She didn't wait to see how far it went, instead diving to grab her hockey stick and running for her bag. Grabbing it up haphazardly, she charged out the exit, into the forest, and away.

((Janet Binachi continued "Grace" Under Pressure.))
Edited by armeggedonCounselor, Jan 3 2011, 08:21 PM.
V5 Character(s)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Fun Fair · Next Topic »
Add Reply