Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Various Downsides of Becoming "Paranoid as Balls"; The Return of Everyones Favorite Stoner/Perv!
Topic Started: Oct 24 2010, 11:14 AM (4,692 Views)
Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
The last day and a half had gone by incredibly fast. Unlike much of the school population Teo, Nick and Gracie had moved both slowly and warily. They had not decided to trapeze across the island heedless of the dangers of the other students. Although both the boys had agreed to 'play' the consensus was to remain off the scoreboard as long as possible. Having their names read out was a bad thing, no matter how you looked at it. As a result the had steered clear mostly of other students, marking of areas on their map as they went, noting landmarks and discussing topics ranging from pre-arranged signals to how much food they had left. Mostly it was terribly boring interspersed with brief moments of tension. It had taken it's toll on Teo and from his point of view it seemed that both Gracie and Nick were more inclined to leave the planning up to him. He didn't let Gracie take watch and from her part it seemed she had been content to sleep both nights without interruption. He traded with Nick after midnight which meant that they both had four hours sleep both nights. It wasn't helping. Both of them were big guys and they ate a lot. Despite their best efforts they were running low. Hell Teo had less than a loaf left. So they had moved towards the fun fair. The chances were that it would be less populated than the town, but with a few students floating around. Hopefully some which still had their rations, although the way Teo's stomach was grumbling he wasn't above scavenging the bodies of the dead, and that was how the group ended up watching Jay and Janet as they approached.

Teo grunted in response to Nick's observations. He was a little on edge. "Yeah I see it. Doesn't look like it's loaded. Jay wouldn't even know what to do." He knew Jay pretty well, purely based on Jay's antic's in and (to an extent) out of class. The kid didn't have what it took to kill someone. Janet on the other hand... Janet was smart, athletic and most of all driven. In a situation like this that was a dangerous combination. It hit a little too close to home for Teo's liking. Gracie was still a ways behind but Teo wanted to move. Disable the threat and get some more rations. If they had to kill them, then so be it but it was clear that they had to ensure Janet didn't get that gun and that neither of the two could come after them. Whatever it took.

"Right." Teo said quietly. "This is the plan. Jay's got the gun, but I don't think we need t worry about him. Janet's the dangerous one." Teo strained to make out something on the hockey stick. Could be dirt. Could be blood. He couldn't tell from here. "We should come at different angles, be friendly enough but keep to some cover, if Jay pulls his gun we should step away. If not we'll close the distance, try to resolve the whole acquisition of goods peacefully. Worse comes to worse you take care of Jay, I'll focus on Janet." With a nod Teo pointed to the left before getting up and sneaking to the right. Whatever happened now, at least some of that tension could be released.

Creeping towards the carousel he unslung his crossbow. Once he was sure Nick was well in the other direction he called out. "Jay, Janet, hate to break up the party here but we'd like to talk."

Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

William 'Woozie' Wu - "Hey Pheebs, you're amazing babe."

V4
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Teo had almost panicked when Jay whipped out his gun but he was confident in his assessment of the boy and let him finish his rant while taking a few steps closer. Nick had moved around the other side of the carousel during the commotion and Teo tried to contain a smile as Jay successfully knocked himself out by slipping and smacking his head. Assessment successful. It wasn't all good though, if he was spot on about Jay that meant he might be pretty close thinking that Janet was the more dangerous of the two. Janet's thin voice carried the tone of casual annoyance but there was a slight warble that betrayed her cool, calm demeanor. Not that Teo noticed.

"What do I want Janet? I want you to step away from Jay for one. We'd rather avoid any bloodshed but quite frankly the plan here is to take the rations from both you and Jay, oh and if you wouldn't mind tossing us Jay's gun forefinger and thumb that would be fantastic too."

Teo knew he was running a hard line but the facts were as they were. They were on an island with limited resources and were supposed to kill each other. His eyes darted past Janet for a second, meeting with Nicks as he gave a slight nod: the prearranged signal to keep edging forward. Teo kept his crossbow trained on the girl, braced against his shoulder, his face stone.

"You should be lucky we're not killing anyone, unlike you. I can't let a killer go in good faith, but even so I think it would be good to merciful don't you think? I'm going to let you toss that gun to Nick over there and then I'm going to give you thirty seconds to get out of here before I shoot you. Everett might of been an easy target but I assure you, try anything and we will fuck you up."

Teo didn't think about the hypocrisy of his statement he was already edgy and the arrogance of Janet to be annoyed at him was only a few straws away from breaking the camel's back. In his focus he hadn't yet seen either of the hidden spectators silently watching from their respective hiding spots.

Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
CRACK!

The splintering of wood sheered over Teo's face as the bullet smashed in to the tree mere inches to the left of him.

"Fucking Hell!"

Teo ducked instinctively even though it was far too late to avoid any accurate shooter and spun on the spot trying to locate his assailant. His eyes darted from one side of the fairground to the other searching.

There.

A flash of movement, two eyes in between a candy stand and a wall. Teo's crossbow went up. He felt the firm pressure of the crossbow push on his shoulder. Braced. Sighted. 40 feet. Fire. He pulled the trigger and the bolt spun towards his target. Teo didn't take the time to check if he hit, spinning away, his back pushed up on the tree he had taken cover behind, yanking a bolt from the quick grip on the side of the compound.

Janet.

Teo looked up. She had already sprung in to action, moving to Jay's side, the boy only just regaining consciousness. He needed to keep his distance. Nick was moving too, everything had spun in to action.

"Nick, deal with Janet, I'll cover you!"

Teo had reloaded and again the bow went up to his shoulder. Nodding to Nick he pushed out to the left, moving to flank whoever was firing off at them. He moved with purpose, not slowly but each step was premeditated.

Another movement. He could make his assailant out now, a girl. He lined her up. A voice pierced the air.

"Hey!"

Gracie. Teo turned. "Gracie! Stay down!" He turned back. The girl was gone. "Shit" He crouched down behind the stall and scanned the area, his muscles tense. Waiting for the shot.

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Teo took the momentary lull in action to glance over to Nick, Janet and Jay. Nick had closed the distance pretty fast and it was only Jay's quick thinking that saved the girl from having a rather unpleasant meeting with Nick's blade. The three scrambled for a second and Teo could of sworn something exchanged hands before Janet lunged at Nick.

What an idiot

Teo thought to himself. Janet was pretty athletic for a girl but taking on 220 pounds of male wrestler was never going to end well for her. Nick pretty much had it in the bag.

The bolt slid in to place and Teo risked another glance around. Gracie was still standing stock still right in the middle of the open. He repressed an urge to grab her and pull her to safety, reminding himself that that this was not a game, that any stupid move would get him killed. Plus, he didn't really know Gracie all that well.

Peeking round the other side he heard Carla yell out to him. Teo grinned.

Gotcha bitch

Raising the crossbow again he advanced on her position.

"Fuck you bitch, you fired first, chuck your gun away and maybe we can talk about this."

Side stepping a pile of refuse Teo moved quickly to Carla's position. He wasn't sure who it was yet or exactly how big or dangerous they were. He knew now that they were a girl though, which gave him the advantage, although her gun more than made up for it. Teo pressed his body against the opposite side of the stand which Carla was hiding on and called out once more.

"Look, just drop your gun, we can figure this out. I don't want to have to kill you, but from the way we're going I can't take the risk that you might shoot me."

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
That little bitch. Who did she think she was telling him that she was in control. She wasn't in control. Teo was in control. He just had to... just had to... what?

He could leap over the stall, come around one of the sides, disarm the girl. It would be pretty easy. Teo was confident he could slip around and disarm her before she could get a shot off, hell he was already right next to her. Teo took a deep breath.

"Look babe." He said, standing up slowly. He breathed in again, pacing the rising of his words to go with his footsteps, attempting to mask the sound. "I know you are scared, I'm more worried you'll do something stupid, because you haven't heard the whole story. Nick and I don't want to kill anyone, we're just being smart. Janet's a killer; you've heard it on the radio, you're siding with the wrong person, we're just trying to make sure tha..."

BANG

Jay's gun went off and Teo ducked and whirled. "Fucking hell!" Crossbow up he aimed carefully, he wasn't going to get shot in the back. Jay was waving the gun around like a madman yelling nonsensically.

Typical.

The problem was that Nick had loosened his grip on Janet and she was making a move. Teo could still run but he wasn't going to leave a teammate behind. He raised the crossbow at Janet, took careful aim and fired, yelling out.

"Oh no you don't you murderous whore!"

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Teo paused momentarily as he heard footsteps move behind him. He quickly braced himself for impact but relaxed as he realised the girl was running away.

By the time he had regained his bearings Janet was on her feet and throwing Nick's Hunga Munga at him. The throw was off, the strange shape of the weapon not lending itself to ease of use, especially when thrown and it clattered to the ground more than a few feet away. Still, it was enough of a distraction to allow Janet and Jay to escape. In a mere few seconds only the three hunters remained. Nick and Gracie slowly moved to head off and Teo quickly checked on his bolts. Two of them were still intact, lodged in to the side of the stall, however the one he had fired at Janet had simply shattered on impact with the ground. Grabbing Jay's bag, Teo hoisted it on to his shoulder.

"Well, that didn't go as planned, but at least we got something out of it. Let's get out of here."

Moving quickly but cautiously Teo headed off.

((Teo Weinstock continued elsewhere...))

V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · The Fun Fair · Next Topic »
Add Reply