Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Still Going Strong; Open - Day 3, early afternoon
Topic Started: Oct 18 2010, 10:19 PM (3,530 Views)
Lord_Shadow
Member Avatar
Eldritch Consumer, Requiem Agent
[ * ]
((Alexander Seymour continued from If That Looking Glass Gets Broke))

Alex kept moving after dealing with Dom. He hadn't stopped for anything. He'd already taken one caffeine pill to stay somewhat alert, but after going who knows how long without rest things were starting to take a toll on his body. He was slow, tired, weary. He had tried to wash off Dom's blood from his hands and clothes, tried to erase the evidence of his actions. Not out of disgust or revulsion at what he had done, but in order not to convince anyone he came across that he was a threat.

His mind was still debating whether or not he should play the game. Everyone was out to get each other. They all had to watch out. Anyone could spell out demise for whoever they came across. But then again, they were still just kids. Students from the same school. To think that they were being forced to fight and kill each other, and for what?

That's a stupid question. To survive. Survival is the only thing that matters. Everyone is either a hunter or the hunted.

That was it. That was the way to make it in this place. But he had been too careless. Too reckless. Tried to acquire a weapon and failed miserably. Tried to convince himself he was fine around people when his mind was still reeling trying to figure out how this had happened and what changed so much. Injured someone who was unarmed, defenseless, had done nothing to him. This wasn't the self that Alex knew.

It was the self that this place was making him into. Or was it the exhaustion and the confusion that was doing that? Either way, it was bad to continue that way. He had to collect himself, calm down, and figure out what to do. He couldn't let his anger issue and reckless behavior continue lest he get killed. So he had decided to retrace his steps. He had woken up in the coastal woods, gone inland, and was now returning back to where he had started.

It was during this trek that he heard voices. From the sound of them, quite close. He froze. He hadn't expected to run into anyone. Why would anyone come here anyway? There was nothing. Then again, why was he coming back here if there really was nothing?

Stay calm Alex. Think. Be rational. Control yourself. He who loses his composure will only find failure and death.

He went over the situation in his mind. Voices, plural. At least two people. No way to tell if they were armed from where he was. No line of sight due to the trees. Possible that his movements had been heard. Completely unarmed, defenseless against any attack that might come if he revealed himself. Covered in dirt and, despite his best efforts, blood. Blood not his own, which would perhaps be his greatest problem now.

His mind took in all that information, came to the conclusion that it would be unwise to reveal himself. Yet it would be more unwise to be discovered. And it was likely that he was to be discovered. The voices sounded like they were in the direction he was heading.

So my choices are: come out and die, hide and die, or run and die. There's no vantage point to be had here. What a fine mess you've gotten yourself into Alex.

He rubbed his eyes. Being tired wasn't helping. Or might it? If he used his weariness to his advantage...

He decided to come out. He'd pretend to be dazed and confused, just a passerby who was no danger to anyone. He didn't even have a weapon, which should help reinforce that thought. The blood was an issue, though he was sure he could convince whoever he came across that he got that blood on himself in self-defense. Then again, it wouldn't hurt to have some blood of his own. He took a small rock from the ground, and struck himself in the cheek as hard as he could muster.

He stumbled from the blow. It hurt. Pain surged through his face. He coughed. Gave himself away no doubt. But it should help. He was no threat, not yet. If he could convince whoever he was about to meet about that, then he'd be fine.

You're not crazy Alex. You're smart. Who else would be smart enough to be weak in order to be strong?

He smirked for a second, and made his way out to meet the people the voices belonged to. He had a plan, and hopefully they'd be stupid enough to follow it. "Hello? Is anyone there? Can anyone help me?" He came out with his hands up. "My name is Alexander Seymour. I'm unarmed." Flawless, perfect. One way or another, he'd survive this encounter. Survival of the Fittest was the name of the game. And he intended to play.
Edited by Lord_Shadow, Oct 29 2010, 03:56 PM.
Proud Member of the Trans-Dimensional/Temporal Police Department... or a fugitive from justice evading them. Take your pick.

Fanning the flames of war since two topics ago. And loving every minute of it. *EVIL SMILE*

The Present
Spoiler: click to toggle

The Past

The Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lord_Shadow
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Alex took a few mental notes of the situation before him. There were four people, two boys and two girls. One of the girls seemed a bit weak, and had taken water from the boy in front of him. So, someone who wasn't much of a threat and someone who stupidly looked out for others besides himself. Excellent. The other two didn't seem like they would be of much help to him. The boy looked a bit spooked... and wounded. Strike another one from the large threat list. That only left the 'good Samaritan' and the other girl who could potentially make things bad.

And the 'Samaritan' was asking about the blood. It was a question Alex had anticipated, but was unsure of how he would respond to it. He decided to fabricate a scenario. A plausible one, something they could all believe. "Oh, yeah. I guess I look pretty intimidating like this. I was attacked. Some crazy kid snapped or something and came after me. I managed to get the upper hand. I was scared, really frightened. I beat him up to protect myself. He was already injured a bit, so he bled on me. I didn't kill him though, I'm not like those others. We're still people right? I only defended myself. Maybe a little too much, I don't know. I ran away as quick as I could, tried to get away and clear my head. Try and get the fear out so I don't start to lose it like that guy did."

He brushed his cheek, trying to seem as if he had absentmindedly forgotten about it. "Ah, this. It still hurts but I completely forgot about it. I fell while I was running away, must have cut myself on some rock or something. I don't know, I didn't try to find out. Just had to keep running. That is, until I got back here. See, this is near where I woke up in this nightmare. I figured I should be careful, just in case I run into more psychos. I swear I thought I was a goner when I coughed. But I figured I should show myself. I don't have anything to lose after all. Thank god you didn't attack me. You don't know how good it is to see people who haven't let this place get to them."

He smiled, thinking to himself how brilliant he was.

That should work nicely. It's foolproof. Ha! There's no way a crazy person could have come up with this plan. This place hasn't gotten to me. And it never will. I'll survive, I'll use everyone I can to do so. I won't go crazy, I won't snap and die like everyone else will. I'm not crazy. No, you're not crazy Alex. You're the last sane man in this place. Your plan is proof of your sanity. Yes, proof.

He lowered his hands slowly. "If I promise not to slow you guys down, do you mind if I stick with your group for a moment? I would feel a lot safer traveling with a group than alone. I don't want to run into someone crazy with an actual weapon."
Proud Member of the Trans-Dimensional/Temporal Police Department... or a fugitive from justice evading them. Take your pick.

Fanning the flames of war since two topics ago. And loving every minute of it. *EVIL SMILE*

The Present

The Past

The Future

Lord_Shadow
Member Avatar
[ * ]
"Oh thank you. Thank you. I will not forget your kindness. I promise I will do everything I can to help us all." Alex had been a little mad that the other girl, whatever her name was, had decided to bolt. Apparently, she was the smart one in the group. Though Phil seemed to show signs of it. But in the end, kindness had won out in all of them.

Excellent. Alexander would just use them for whatever he could manage to get out of them. Once he was done with them, he would take their things and they would be abandoned. He decided that he would only kill them if they proved to be a threat to him, or he had no other option.

But for now he still had to be cautious. He still didn't have a weapon. He was still at their mercy. That was priority one. Obtain a weapon, preferably one of theirs. Still, he wouldn't mind taking a weapon off a fallen enemy, after these morons took care of that enemy of course.

The trap had been sprung, and even though they seemed to suspect it was a trap, they still went with it. Alex sneered at them in his mind. Only the truly stupid take in another when they can neither provide for themselves nor trust that other. It was almost too easy.

Alex smiled, adjusted his glasses, and straightened his shirt. "Do you mind if I stay in the middle when we move? I can't really help much in a fight. I guess I used up whatever strength I had left protecting myself." He chuckled, slowly. He did feel tired. Very tired. But he couldn't afford to pass out. He couldn't afford to fall asleep. He took another caffeine pill.

Staying alive was priority zero. And to stay alive, he had to stay awake. They would probably abandon him if he passed out. He would do the same, after he had taken what they had of course. He was so tired. Sleep deprivation was beginning to get to him. But he had to stay awake. Long enough to turn the tables.

A wolf among sheep. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Thanks for taking me in little sheep. I'll be sure to savor the taste of your flesh and blood. When the time comes. When it comes. Patience. A hunter needs patience to take his prey.

The Present

The Past

The Future

Lord_Shadow
Member Avatar
[ * ]
"Right. Let's get moving." Alex said. He wanted to smile, so brilliant he was, but he knew better than that. He had to play it safe. They all bought it. They were all so stupid. He felt like laughing.

It's not getting to me. I'll make it. You won't. It's not getting to me.

He stuck to the middle of the group, near Phil. Jennifer wanted to stay at the back. That was fine with him. She hadn't flashed a weapon throughout the entire encounter. It was safe to assume she either didn't have one or else was otherwise incapable of actually using what she had. Marco took the front. So he was going to lead.

Alex kept pace. He just had to be careful. He just had to keep his head on straight. Sooner or later, the opportunity would present itself and he'd be on top of the game.

So long as he kept a calm head. As long as he didn't make a mistake. He'd just seem more and more like he was part of the group. And less and less like a threat. He was so brilliant. The others would never see it come. They didn't suspect a thing.

And Alex believed that with all his mind. Until he saw otherwise, until he could take a moment to properly assess himself, he was just fine. But of course he wasn't really fine.

An image of Dom peeked at him out of the corner of his eye.

No. It's not real. I can't be hallucinating. I'm fine. Just fine. I'm only tired. But I can't sleep yet. I can't. I'm fine. Alex you're fine. It isn't real. Snap out of it. Keep walking.

He began to count his steps in his mind. He would be fine. All he had to do was keep his cool.

((Alexander Seymour continued in Final Third Foul))
Edited by Lord_Shadow, Jul 10 2011, 01:05 AM.

The Present

The Past

The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply