Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Still Going Strong; Open - Day 3, early afternoon
Topic Started: Oct 18 2010, 10:19 PM (3,435 Views)
JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
((Marco Stonecastle continued from Watch Your Step))

Marco stopped and checked the compass, holding it steady and eyeing the needle carefully as it spun around. It eventually settled down and pointed to his right, causing Marco to smile briefly; he was still heading in the right direction away from that... mess back at the hall of mirrors. It was all behind him now, the former hockey player currently standing in the middle of the woods.

Along the way from his former location, he'd skirted past an unoccupied gazebo, looking scarily similar to the one on the Bayview School grounds. There was a rush of nostalgia as he remembered the students - freshmen, seniors and everyone in between hanging around the structure during lunch break. Good memories, good times, something to cheer him up at least.

Like all good things, it wasn't to last. That blast from the past had come to an abrupt end when he came across a charred body lurking behind the building. It had freaked him out and caused him to duck into a nearby bush and purge the half-digested contents of his stomach.

Even hours after the initial discovery, it still nauseated him. It was something he wasn't going to forget in a hurry; skin burnt away to nothing, blackened bones, ashes, the mere thought of the body's condition made him feel like throwing up again. Fortunately he was able to hold his lunch down... just.

Marco forced the thought to the back of his head, put the compass away and continued walking straight ahead. Some minutes later he could see the deep blue of the ocean in the distance through the gaps in the trees. And in between him and the shore stood two people. Marco stopped and tried to position himself behind one of the trees, poking his head out to the side to see if he could recognise either of them.

'That's Phil from the school hockey team, right?' Marco thought, glancing at the male. He knew that the boy tended to be a bit of a bully on and off the ice, but he hadn't killed anyone on the island yet, at least according to the announcements. And he had someone with him, surely that meant he was trustworthy, definitely not a player... right?

'It's worth a shot, and at least there aren't ten of them this time,' he thought, stepping out from behind the trunk. "Hey, Phil," he called out. "Don't worry, I'm friendly," he said, aware that his sudden presence may have possibly spooked Phil and his companion.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

The Past: V4 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Marco shook his head. "I haven't seen any of the team either," he replied sadly. "Though I'm avoiding Alex and Staffan, for obvious reasons..." He could leave the rest up for Phil to figure out. Surely he'd have heard over the announcements that Alex and Staffan had murdered some of their fellow students. Alex had killed TWICE, for goodness sake.

'Who else is there, though?' Marco thought, wondering who else on the team had been abducted. He knew he saw Trent, Nik and Garry on the coach before blacking out and waking up in the auditorium, and he was certain he saw Dustin and Dan ('is he even considered part of the team anymore?') just before they boarded.

He looked to the Hispanic girl whom Phil introduced and gave her a brief smile. She looked familiar, obviously he'd seen her around school before but he hadn't gotten to know her name. 'Jennifer Perez, huh? Oh right, Romita, the slut. Yeah, no wonder you don't want to be associated with her,' Marco thought, knowing full well about the other girl's exploits. Hell, the whole school most likely knew about them.

Phil went on and talked about how she'd helped him when Guthrie had attacked them. 'Wait, Guthrie... wasn't he on the announcement?' Marco wondered, the guy's first name escaping him for a moment. Jennifer spoke up and confirmed his suspicions; they'd been around when Tom Guthrie ('that's his name') had been killed by Nick Reid. 'Damn... what the hell happened? Did they help Nick kill him? Was it self defense?'

Marco's mind was buzzing with questions to ask Jennifer and Phil, but he didn't get much of a chance to reply, for another girl had suddenly come crashing through the vegetation, crying out for water. Phil had immediately blurted out, quite harshly in Marco's opinion, that they had none. Jennifer was more sympathetic to the girl's plight and produced half a bottle to give to her.

"Jennifer, save that for yourself, I have a full bottle here," Marco said, pulling it out of his bag and offering it to the girl. The condition this girl was in, she looked in no fit state to do anything, let alone attack them. Jennifer stated that they ought to go for a refill and Marco immediately piped up. "Hey, I know where we can go for that!" he spoke excitedly. "I crossed a stream on the way here, the water looked pretty good, it's where I topped up that bottle. It's just in that direction." Marco turned and pointed to the east, the direction he'd just travelled from.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
((Gah, my apologies for holding this up!))

Marco took the bottle back from the girl, took a couple of sips himself to quench his thirst, and stowed it back in his bag. She could have drunk a lot more if she wanted to, going back to refill it would have been no skin off his back. Ah well, if she wanted any more later on, she was more than welcome to have some, if she was planning on sticking around with him that was. He had no idea what her plans were. Hell he had no idea what his own plans were.

A cough alerted Marco the presence of another boy heading their way. As he came closer, Marco saw that he was caked in blood with a gash on his cheek. "Holy crud, what the hell happened to you?" he exclaimed as the newcomer asked for their assistance and gave them his name. The cut on his cheek was still bleeding... which meant it had to have been made not long ago. 'Was he attacked recently?'

That didn't bode well if someone was going around attacking people close to their position. Looking at Alex, Marco saw something was slightly off; the blood on his clothes wasn't fresh at all. It was faded and more of a brown colour than red. It had to have been on his clothes for a reasonable amount of time. 'What... what had happened to him then? Did he get badly injured or something? Is that even his own blood?'

Well that last thought made him a lot more unnerved by the boy's sudden arrival. He could have just come his way straight after butchering someone else. He glanced briefly at Jennifer and Phil for some kind of reassurance, noticing his former team mate tightly clutching her hand. He was mumbling something to her, she whispered something back, but Marco couldn't hear what either of them said exactly.

"Um... how did you get that blood down you?" Marco asked Alex, wanting to get to the bottom this. He took a step back just to be sure.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Okay, the other girl wasn't going to stick around after all. "Uh, okay, good luck," he said to the back of her, unsure if the girl heard him as she walked off. She didn't reply to him, so he guessed not. Not that he was too busy thinking of her anyway, for Alex had asked if he could join up with the remaining students.

Well this was a difficult situation he found himself in now. Phil didn't know what to do and Jennifer didn't reply when asked herself, probably wasn't going to either. And that left the decision solely on his shoulders. 'Great,' Marco sarcastically thought, looking towards the bloodied newcomer.

There was something off about Alex, but Marco just couldn't put his finger on it. Besides, his story seemed quite feasible. Acting in self defense, yeah, that was a real possibility. There were quite a few killers on the island after all, if the announcements were anything to go by. But could he trust Alex though? The story could all have been a fabrication, a ruse for them to get their guards down. For a moment, Marco was worried that Alex was just feeding them a pack of lies and was getting ready to attack.

'No, snap out of it, this is exactly what Danya wants us to think,' Marco thought. 'He wants us to be distrustful and paranoid of everyone else. These are people we went to school with for god's sake! Why should we suddenly treat anyone we come across like they're random strangers about to stab us in the back? I can't think along those lines. If I do, Danya's succeeding.'

And with that, his mind was made up.

"Okay, you can come along with us for the time being," Marco said, looking over towards Phil and Jennifer. He was confident that Alex wasn't going to be a threat to any of them. He hadn't drawn any weapons out, had given them his full (and real, as far as Marco believed) name and had been completely compliant when asked. 'Let's just hope I haven't made the biggest mistake in my life though,' he thought.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Alex was grateful, very grateful, almost too grateful even... though Marco just shrugged that little quirk off; acting suspicious about every little thing was only going to lead to paranoia, fear and eventually death, and not just his, but the rest of the people in the small group.

Alex immediately let everyone know that he wanted to be in the middle of the group, explanation being that he didn't think he'd fare too well in a fight. With the state he was currently in, looking bedraggled, bloodied and injured, Marco took his word for it. And upon closer inspection, Phil didn't look like he was in peak condition either, which only left him and presumably Jennifer in full health.

He didn't mind Alex wanting some protection, and at that point he realised what his purpose on the island was to be. He'd already decided that he was going to take no part in this brutal 'tournament', at least not in the way that Danya had intended. He wasn't going to sink to the level his father had gone down to, no chance of that. He wasn't going to try and cause any deaths, he wanted to do the complete opposite. He wanted to protect as many people as humanly possible.

He didn't think about how futile it may be in the long run, but he wanted his conscience to be as clean as possible. He didn't want any blood on his hands,and he didn't want to let anyone down back home like his dad had done. 'Yeah, this is what I'm going to do,' he firmly thought.

Jennifer designated herself as rear guard, and Phil was strolling slowly ahead, Marco easily catching up and overtaking him. He looked back and saw Phil made no attempt to keep up with him, hanging back slightly. 'Guess that makes me the leader,' Marco thought, looking past Phil to make sure Alex and Jennifer were all following him. "Let's go," he spoke, walking through the dusk forest away from the place they had met up. The now-leader of the small ragtag group.

((Marco Stonecastle continued in Final Third Foul))
Edited by JamesRenard, Dec 27 2010, 07:44 PM.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply