Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Still Going Strong; Open - Day 3, early afternoon
Topic Started: Oct 18 2010, 10:19 PM (3,433 Views)
Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Phil murmured softly back to Jen. "uh... nah. No problems. It's kinda nice actually."

He didn't really know what to say. His mood had become sullen during the second group of announcements. Having missed the first he was surprised to her Jen tell him that one of the Kronwell's had been mentioned in Danya's early morning speech. Unfortunately she couldn't recall which one, or whether they had killed or been killed. This shock to his system; that one of the invincible twins had either fallen victim to another student or had turned in to a killer; combined with the fact this this was now the longest time Phil had ever spent with a girl alone made him withdrawn and cautious.

He knew he should be trying somewhat to keep himself at least a little upbeat but after the things he had witnessed so far it that mood was unattainable. Instead during the trek Phil had mostly kept to himself, answering Jen's questions best he could and trying to keep conversation, but failing miserably the majority of the time.

The reality of the game hadn't fully sunk in quite yet either. Phil had yet to have seen a dead body or anyone actually kill another, although he had come close multiple times now. Still, this disconnect allowed him to retain a semblance of determination that the whole thing was unreal. He could, to an extent distance himself from the reality of his situation and instead focus more on the feeling of anxious enjoyment of being around a girl who he had tasked himself to look out for. Ever step they took Phil had become more and more determined to ensure the safety of Jennifer as best he could and although he knew she was on the look out for Maf Phil was intent on playing the role of the white knight for as long as possible.

Phil took a gulp of his water as well. There wasn't much left in his bottle either and more than once he had felt the first stirrings of lack of fluids: the lack of need to piss, the cracking of dry lips and the dryness in his breath. He didn't say anything though. Nor did he mention his wounds and when Jen inquired he simply said that they were healing. He had to retain the facade of the strong and staunch defender and not just for Jennifer's sake either. Still after having seen almost no one he had slumped next to Jen, weary and spoken up.

"So, um we've been walking for some time now - where are we going?"

Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

William 'Woozie' Wu - "Hey Pheebs, you're amazing babe."

V4
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Phil smiled for the first time since he had been on the island. Someone he recognised, someone from on the team. "Marco. Good to see you bro," he called out gruffly in response to the greeting he received. His heart had jumped slightly when Marco had called out but after recognising him and hearing that he was friendly his pulse returned to normal. He still hadn't quite got his head around what he saw to be his new 'mission' of sorts. Which was to look after Jennifer. Plus he would of been very torn if it came down to fighting one of his team mates.

"Where is the rest of the team? I've been looking but I ain't seen nobody." Phil glanced at Jennifer and then back at Marco. "You know Jen right Marco? Perez not Romita" he added after a moment's thought. The two probably knew each other but he thought it best to make sure that everything was out in the clear rather than do something stupid. "She patched me up real good after Guthrie attacked me." A look of confusion crossed Phil's face for a moment. "You never told me what happened there anyway?" he said off-handedly to Jennifer as he continued to face Marco.

With a new face he could relax a little. Marco was friendly, calm and most importantly reliable. He was the one who always showed up to practice and would make sure all the doors were locked when they finished. He would know what to do - or at the very least know how to find the captains. As Phil waited for a response a figure burst from the undergrowth collapsing, pleading for water. He would of been more cautious with his reply but the girl already looked so pathetic he wasn't worried. Plus, they didn't have much to spare.

"Shove off." Phil said. "We got none."

Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
A lot had happened, real quick too. He spoke too quickly again and everyone had rebuffed him. Phil felt ashamed. Especially when both Jennifer and Marco offered their water, so freely, without compunction. Even then it was shame he felt, not an overwhelming sense of helplessness. It was only when Alex appeared from the bushes that this new was of emotion washed over him.

He had been playing in his head up until now. That everything would be alright, that once he found his teammates they would know what to do. There were so many people around him now, he wasn't sure who to listen to, where to turn. Marco was his team mate, he should know what to do, and then there was Jennifer - whom he had sworn (at least to himself) to protect. That in itself was fine but what happens if Marco wanted to leave Jennifer, what happened if Jennifer didn't trust Marco. It was too much for him to handle right now. He retreated in to his shell, like he always did.

Shrinking to the back he stood taut and morose next to Jennifer, his hands, his limbs all felt like they did before a game. He could almost smell it in the air. Something was about to happen and Phil was not ready.

He tried to grab Jens hand. It was a rough move and he might of squeezed too tight. He mumbled to her, his hand tightening around hers.

"We should go."
Edited by Fanatic, Nov 1 2010, 09:05 AM.

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Phil didn't like Alex. Mind you he didn't really like anyone. The conversation had paused for a moment as Rhory exited the scene and Phil became awkwardly aware of his hand gripping Jennifer's and he let go, tucking the offending arm behind his back. Blushing furiously he stumbled over the words.

"I... uh that ain't probably a good idea. Maybe go with Rhory."

His gruffness had lessened now, more because of his embarrassment rather than anything else. He didn't want Alex hanging around, he wasn't friends with him, he couldn't trust him. Phil knew Alex's type. All nice and friendly in your face but once your back was turned telling everyone that you were fat. That you were dumb. That they only let you on the team cause they felt sorry for you. Well Phil wasn't fat, he wasn't dumb. He had earned his place on the team so Alex could fuck off. That was another thing. Rhory taking all of the water and not even sticking around. Girls were like that though, just take take take. Except he supposed Jen. She hadn't done anything mean yet, she had stuck with him. Maybe she was different.

The comforting presence of Marco was still around as well and Phil turned to him. Maybe he knew what to do, god knows that he was pretty smart on the rink. Marco would always be talking about the strategies and where to go and such. Phil just went where he was told, did what needed to be done and he did it well.

"uh.. yeah," he continued, his brain ponderously thinking out the words, "but I dunno. Maybe stick with us is smart too? What do ya think Marco, Jen?" Phil looked hesitantly at his companions. He was still unsure what he was supposed to be doing. Whatever they said though, he would do it well.

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
The kid was dripping with thanks and this took Phil a little off guard. He had never been thanked. Not earnestly like this before. Still he had just followed the other's lead and went with whatever they had said so it wasn't like Alex was thanking him personally.

It was getting pretty dark now and he could see the shadows of the trees disappearing in to each other. A sure sign it was at the very least late afternoon. Phil took a hasty glance. He wasn't sure where to go or what to do but he knew they couldn't stay here. Something about the whole place suddenly just didn't feel right. He took another glance at Alex, as if trying to work something out. There was something off here but he couldn't place it. He shook his head to clear his mind.

"We should go..."

Phil started to wander off, touching Jen softly on the shoulder to indicate she should follow. He moved slowly so Marco and Alex could catch up, he wasn't really leading, he was just waiting until Marco caught up and then he would follow him. Phil had always found the best way to make people start moving was to move yourself.

((Phillip Ward continued elsewhere...))

V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply