Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Still Going Strong; Open - Day 3, early afternoon
Topic Started: Oct 18 2010, 10:19 PM (3,533 Views)
Ella
Member Avatar
Surprise V3 Winner
[ *  * ]
Rhory had run and run, until finally, mercifully, sleep had come to ease her senses. With it came the dreams. Skin, bones, muscles, from all animals imaginable, surrounded her. They reached out, called to her- only to run away if she turned her head. Not one little incomplete monster allowed her near it. They were too scared. She was too scared.

What happened in those first dull minutes of consciousness? Eyes, ears, nose surveyed the area around her makeshift bed. Beings of intestines and eyeballs found themselves replaced with trees, trees, the smell of a nearby ocean, the voices of people nearby-

Voices.

It took several eternal seconds to piece together that she was not alone. Flash. The mine. A cart. Shreds and shreds of flesh piled on top of the creature who created them. The meat she could do nothing but run from. The stagnant chill of night air in the tunnels. Don't look at it. Don't listen to it. Don't let it sink in.

Secretly, ignorant of her purposes, she moved through the trees. She stumbled, held on to any wooden arm that would hold her. Voices. People.

She was not alone. Three people. A girl. Several athletes. Her mind stumbled in search of names it could not find. And then, her mouth- It had been days since Rhory had spoken. Her lips stuck like trees planted too close together, her tongue exploring a dry, almost salty fuzziness along the walls of her cheeks and her throat. She coughed, evicting the mucus that clung so desperately to the deepest recesses of her mouth, sticking, trying to prevent her from continuing- coughs became hacks, hacks became dry heaves. The force doubled her over at the hips, brought her to all fours, mucus and saliva dripping helplessly from her mouth. She crouched, suffocating until the battle subsided and chokes turned to heavy gasps to normal, if labored breathing, gasping out her first word in days-

"Water..."
hi i am a little bee

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ella
Member Avatar
Surprise V3 Winner
[ *  * ]
"Shove off. We got none."

Rhory managed to find it in her capabilities to roll her eyes at his comment. She could fend for herself, thank you very much, some spit just went down the wrong tube or someth-

But before she could clear her throat enough to speak again, Rhory was suddenly surrounded by people offering water. What the fuck? She wasn't sure what to react to more- the foolishly instinctive kindness or the blatant lie spouted by the large jock. But then again, it made sense- she shamelessly grabbed the boy's bottle and took small, careful sips, not enough to heal but enough not to step on toes- water was limited. They barely had enough for themselves. Remembering her own bags only feet away, Rhory felt a pang of shame. Oh well. Not my loss.

As consciousness (the full, rational kind) returned to her body and the boy who'd given her the water began talking about getting some from a stream or whatever (oh jeez, play the hero why don't you), Rhory finally examined the faces that surrounded her. Two of them, the jock and the hero, she recognized. They were both on the hockey team- either that or she'd seen them with hockey paraphernalia at school for no reason. The jerk one appeared to be wounded- suddenly, his actions made a lot more sense. The girl was... fuck, it was on the tip of her tongue. Jennifer. Right. (She handed back the bottle and thanked them) They'd talked once or twice. Didn't she make her own clothes? Right, that was it. Nice girl. A little too nice for her own good sometimes, but a nice girl all the same.

And then someone else appeared. Blonde boy. Rhory didn't know him. He stumbled through the trees and asked the group for help, sending throbs of guilt down Rhory's spine and into her stomach. If he needed help more than she did and they turned him down now... It wasn't like they could afford to be giving out assistance to anyone who stumbled through in the first place, but Rhory could easily have just grabbed her own water.

But then again... there was something off about this boy. Rhory tried to sweep it aside as paranoia, but her intuition continued to tuck at her ribs. Her body stiffened, the way a deer does when it knows you've seen it. Careful... Rhory observed, watching for reactions and ready to book it at the first sign of trouble.
hi i am a little bee

Ella
Member Avatar
Surprise V3 Winner
[ *  * ]
Too many people.

Wounded Jock over there didn't want Rhory around anyway, the other two were too nice for their own good, and then this guy comes in trying to get in on it as well. If someone dangerous showed up they would get picked off like flies.

Rhory was feeling better now. She was able to get up, able to breathe. Her mouth felt clean. It was time to leave again.

"Thanks... I'm, uh, meeting someone. So I think I'll be out of here."

She didn't wait for a response. She didn't want one. She didn't want to hear that they were all going to be friends and beat this game and everything would be fine. She just wanted to... honestly, she could use a good shower right now. Or a meal. Or a movie. Whatever it was, these people weren't giving it to her.

She gave the group one final wave before walking back to her makeshift bed and picking up her stuff. It was back to the hunt for Rhory Anne.

[[Rhory Anne Broderick continued elsewhere]]
hi i am a little bee

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply