Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Too Late
Topic Started: Oct 15 2010, 07:16 PM (4,455 Views)
Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
((Josée Trembley continued from Ishida Hunting))

Call it human restriction but after wandering around the island for what seemed like days, Josée needed to rest. She leaned against a particularly large looking tree and took a deep breath and observed her surroundings. She couldn't be lost, she knew that after she had wandered away from Remy this morning she had gone almost completely straight onwards, so all she had to do was go back the other way. At least, she thought that she had gone completely straight onwards, she knew that she had passed a few distinctive looking trees on her morning wandering; the only problem was that she couldn't quite recall what the exact features of distinction were.

"Hey guys?"

Josée heard a muffled shout nearby, she had to have been near Remy. Damn, she was rather hoping to have caught up with Katelyn first; she didn't know exactly why, but perhaps she could turn her against Remy or something like that. Not completely turn her against him; just show that she was superior to him. But alas, there he was, waiting for them both. Josée could just about hear where he was coming from, she must have looped round and went backwards at some point because he was suddenly so close to her. Josée moved towards him.

"Well... I think I can safely say that that is defiantly a forest out there. So what have you contributed to the team so far this morning Remy?" She asked in a sort of mocking fashion, she winked jokingly towards Katelyn.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
Josée positioned herself comfortably against the outer wall of the cave and listened to the conversation between Remy and Katelyn.

"Do you think it's a good idea to try talking to them with that... you know... uh... megaphone?"

Josée was unsure about this idea, what if these people were murderous, they could take Katelyn out in an instant. Still, if worse came to the worst at least she could say that it was Remy's fault. But not even she wanted it to come to that, perhaps if she positioned herself behind a tree so that if they were murderers, she could catch them by surprise with the Blackjack. so Josée stepped behind one of the nearby towering trees and waited for Katelyn to give her signel. But no signal came. She seemed scared, Josée didn't blame her to be frank; perhaps Remy should be the one making the message. Josée laughed to herself at the thought of this, but she remained behind the tree, Blackjack in hand.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
Josée studied Katelyn's expression, she seemed very distressed, she had no idea what Katelyn was planning on saying, perhaps Remy should be the one to talk to them.

"Just say to them... uh... you know. We're armed, but we're not willing to attack anyone. Or if you want I could... you know, say it myself?"

He was even offering, surely Katelyn would see sense. Josée hadn't noticed that her nervousness was starting to show as she she eyeballed the trembling Katelyn from her tree. Nonetheless, she could take it no longer and if Katelyn wasn't going to say anything then she would have to go and do it herself. She left her hiding place and began to quickly march up to her, ready to take the microphone out of her hand, but before she could. Katelyn spoke:

"Uh, hi. It's Katelyn. With a 'K'."

Josée stopped in her tracks and stared at her, wondering what she was going to do next.

"We're not fighting! We won't hurt you! We might even be able to help!"

Josée wasn't sure if she had picked the best words. It was all well and good to try and make peace with these people, but what if they saw them as weak and decided to kill the three of them. It was ironic that what seemed like the sensible option was actually one of the riskiest. But what was said was said, all they could do now, was wait for a response.

"Good... Good job Katelyn." Josée said to Katelyn as she stood by her side and patted her nervously on the shoulder. She took a deep breath in and waited.
Edited by Limisios, Nov 8 2010, 11:07 AM.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
"We don't want to hurt you either! I'll toss out my weapon, it's not that good!"

Josée thought that that sounded promising, although just be a cunning trick; but then again, at this point anything could be a cunning trick. All it would take is a simple shot in the back of the neck to take her out. But for now, she would just to keep her cool. All the same though, she took a cautious step back from the direction that the voices had come in. I silver, spinning object flew out of the trees. It didn't take long for Josée to realise that it was just a record, that is, she had plenty of time to identify it... Once it was clipped by her friend's throat.

Josée leapt away from her in shock at the sight. She had to do something. But what? What the Hell could she do? She started to panic. Josée had not expected anything like this to happen. But it was just a cut, granted it was an extremely large cut and a lot blood was rushing out, but it was an accident, and accidents don't happen this badly.

A thought suddenly struck Josée; the first aid kit! There was a first aid kit in the bag she was given, this was her only chance to save her. Thankfully her bag was still on her back so she instantly thrust it off onto the floor and began to fish through it, chucking out everything in her way, trying desperately to find it. Finally she pulled it out and began to unzip the items inside. Josée had had very little knowledge of first aid, but like many other people before her who had been in similar situations, she felt a sudden desire to learn in the next five seconds.

But even five seconds would have been too long. Josée looked at Katelyn and instantly realised that she was already dead, Josée picked up her wrist just to make sure. Nothing. Josée looked up at Remy remorsefully, but Remy's attention was focused on the source of the record.

"Josée, stay back. Let me deal with this"

He was running into the forest, he was after them, he had his switch-blade out. He did realise that it was an accident, right? Josée couldn't just stand there mourning over Katelyn when there could be more corpses about to hit the ground. Josée wasn't sure exactly who will be killed if she didn't do something, but she could work out that it was probably going to be someone.

Josée ran off in the direction of her brother, leaving everything but her blackjack littered by Katelyn's corpse. Not knowing exactly what to do. But she just hoped that the last thing she did on this island wasn't to take a bullet for her brother's own stupidity.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
Josée struggled to keep up with Remy, she met him just as he had grappled a boy to the ground and was about to puncture his throat. How could her brother be doing this, granted Katelyn's death was horrible and unfair but it was an accident, a horrible and fatal accident but an accident nonetheless. Josée had to do something. She dropped beside where Remy had pinned the boy and grabbed his knife-wielding arm.

"Don't you go psycho on me Remy." She knelt right next to him and spoke angrily. "Trust you to do something like this. It's not like he meant to do it." Josée turned to the pinned heap below Remy. "You didn't mean to kill her right." She didn't wait very long for a response. "At least give him a chance to explain himself..." Josée suddenly realised that he might actually have meant to have killed Katelyn. She clutched her Blackjack tightly, ready to swing it just in case, and not necessarily at the pinned boy. "So explain yourself." She said to him. "I promise that my dunce of brother won't hurt you if you start talking now." She turned to Remy sternly. "Right, Remy!? You won't will you." She was still clutching his arm, just in case he tried to stab the boy when Josée let her guard down.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
((Breaking post order to avoid inactivity))

"Death...Joe...I did his bidding..." The boy helplessly spurted out. "I didn't think I'd kill anyone with it..."

Josée sighed angrily at Remy. "There you go! you've only gone and tackled the bloody hostage you idiot." Josée continued to try and push Remy off the helpless boy. Josée took a second to think. "Awww, great! That means there was someone out there trying to kill us!" She turned back to the boy. "Did you see which direction he went in? Whichever way it was, I say we go the other! Right Remy?! Remy! Ok?!" She shouted at him, then relented slightly. "I'm sorry that Katelyn had to die like that but let's be honest. Whoever was trying to kill us has probably ran off by now. There's no point in killing his own victims for him."

Josée suddenly had a horrible thought and turned back to the boy. "You're not planning anything are you; you're not going shoot us when our backs are turned, are you? Because I've got my hands full with this idiot going around stabbing everyone he sees. So if you do have anything, please toss it onto the floor now and no harm will come to you." Josée crossed her arms and waited for the boy to respond.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
"Oh God...she's taking it! She's taking my music! She's taking my music!"

"What does that even mean?" Josée said quietly to Cisco as Remy relented his force over him. "Come on Remy, do you really think it's worth killing this guy, he's obviously out of his head and... Wait, where is he going." Josée watched the strange sight of Cisco scrambling on his knees right in the direction of Kateyln's corpse. Josée walked behind curiously as he scrambled towards the mysterious object that had killed Katelyn and started to clutch it like a life preserver. Josée was speechless, she looked at Remy, then found the words she needed. She directed them towards Remy.

"Well... I guess it's been... A long day... For the three of us. I know we've lost Katelyn which don't get me wrong I am just as upset about as you are Remy. But let's face it; what the Hell would be the use of killing this guy. I mean look at him. I think this 'Grim Reaper' guy must have smashed a dent in his brain by the looks of things."

"Guys?! It's okay! I got my music back!"

Josée looked over and smiled awkwardly at Cisco, then turned back to Remy.

"And besides, there are people way more dangerous then this on this island, you've heard the announcements, I'm sure I've heard several names come up at least twice now. So perhaps we should try being calm and just..." Then Josée noticed something was amiss. "Hold on a bloody second; someone's taken my bag! I left it right here then I went over to stop you're bleeding rampage and then..."

Josée thought for a second. "What did you say before Cisco? You said someone was stealing your music! And I'm quite sure that that thing is..." She glanced at the strangled object in Cisco's grip. "Yep, that's one of those old records. "So perhaps Cisco wasn't talking complete nonsense, and whoever he saw must have taken my supplies. That's it, whoever it is, I'm going after them."

She ran over to Cisco and bent down to his level, smiling politely.

"Hi... Cisco, you're name's Cisco right. Josée Trembley by the way, great to meet you." She held out her hand polity to see if he would shake it; Josée guessed she could get a good idea of how scared he was based on whether or not he shook it. "Anyway, you said you saw someone over here, I don't suppose you saw which way they went. It would be a great help to me."
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
((Skipping post order to avoid inactivity.))

Josée didn't know what to do; it seemed like Remy was finally starting to see some sense and Cisco was making some sense but Josée wanted her stuff back, all she had was her blackjack which she had taken with her when she ran after Remy, but that wasn't a very good choice for providing food and medical attention, so she needed to get it back.

"Guys, I'm going to check if someone is still here. Don't worry, I won't attack if they won't attack"

This came from Remy, thank goodness he was finally starting to pull his weight, although Josée didn't completely believe his promise to not hurt anyone prematurely, but frankly she was so absorbed in her missing bag that she wasn't really thinking about it. She focused on Cisco, sitting down beside him.

"I'm sure you'll be in safe hands with us around... Well, at least, as long as I'm around, you'll be safe from my dimwit brother, I promise. So perhaps you could tell me a bit about this 'Death' person..." Josée enquired politly, not knowing how else she could start a conversation.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

Limisios
Member Avatar
"Sure thing, Dog Moon."
[ *  * ]
"Death? Oh, you mean Joe! Or at least I think he's in Joe's form...I don't know... where he went...""

Well at least this Cisco person wasn't completely mad; at least, that's what Josée hoped. Dealing with Remy was one thing, but at least he was sane enough to listen to her when she ordered him. Speaking of which where was he? He could have sworn that he had gone off to look for the bags. Which direction did he go? Josée wasn't really paying attention. Josée began to get worried, it was just like Remy to get himself wound up in some dangerous situation. He had already flipped out once, what was stopping him from doing it again. She would have to go after him. But she didn't know which way he had gone.

"Come on Cisco, let's go find the nut. He couldn't have gone far." Josée smiled at him as she got to her feet, holding out her hand once again to help him up. Then, without admitting to Cisco that she was taking a complete guess as to where Remy had got to, began to walk onwards in the complete opposite direction to the direction that Remy had taken.

((Josée Trembley continued in The Moment of Truth.))
Edited by Limisios, Jan 5 2011, 04:59 PM.
V5 Pre-game Roster
V5 Student Roster

Limisios' V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply