Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Too Late
Topic Started: Oct 15 2010, 07:16 PM (4,461 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Remy Kim continued from Ishida Hunting))

Wandering. Wandering. Wandering.

That's all they had been doing since the first announcement.

They had managed to fall asleep nearby the mines just before that dreadful first announcement. Sure, the rickety buildings weren't very stable, but it was shelter none the less. The next morning, however, was the unbearable part. When he heard it, he cried like a baby. Reika... was gone, and Reiko had become a murderer twice over. He was too late, and he couldn't find or save either of them.

And now they were pretty much gone...

The announcement still rang in his ears even now.

"Fifth wasted was, uh... hold on, let me make sure I get this one right. Reika Ishida, you heard that kids? Reika, the one nobody really cared about. She made the mistake of startling Kris Hartmann, who took her out like a pro. Moving right along, the next of our femme fatales..."

But... he cared about Reika. Reika just wasn't some statistic. She was a person. His friend. Heck, maybe she was something more to him. And now this Kris person had simply shot her. But why? Reika was most likely minding her own business... it wasn't fair...

He knew Josée wouldn't take his crying well. Of course, what was he supposed to do? Kris fucking killed Reika, and Reiko was apparently running around killing people! Not to mention Sarah was out there, and god knows what was happening to her right at this moment (fortunately, unlike the twins, her name hadn't been mentioned yet. Yet).

But, Remy knew what he had to do. It sounded repulsive when it first popped into his head, but after a while, he couldn't resist the urge. He didn't tell Josée or Katelyn just yet, but the thought had repeatedly shown up in his mind since the announcement. Remy had a switchblade, and he was fairly strong. He could just sneak up on Kris and...

It was a dreadful thought, but it was what he honestly wanted to do right now, aside from finding Sarah and maybe even Reiko. The thing is, though, he didn't even know who Kris was. Maybe Josée knew, since she was a little more versed in the social scene, as far as he could tell. The only things he knew about this Kris was one, "he" had a gun, and two, "he" had also killed Amber Whimsy, who was infamous around the school. That was the only information Remy had, and frankly, it wasn't very good.

The rest of the second day had passed by calmly for them. Most of the time they just wandered the island, without any real aim. They didn't even see anyone. But, soon night fell, and they were in the woods once again. Since shelter didn't seem to be in store like the previous evening, they soon took shifts keeping watch while the other two slept.

Remy was woken up the next morning by the second announcement.

"Do you kids know what makes Uncle Danya happy? Things like... fine cigars, roast dinners, quiet nights in with Mrs. Danya... those things make Uncle Danya happy. But what also makes Uncle Danya happy is when his beloved students are game for the competition."

He rubbed his eyes, placing himself in the sitting position. Yeah, nice to know that, asshole, he fumed to himself in his head. And so, he blathered on about who was dead and alive. Reiko had killed again. Raina Morales and Tobias Elwin, those were the names of her victims. No information about Kris, though. A few other names he recognized. Trevor Duncan, he was a guy in his drama class. He and Remy had always been on good terms whenever they talked. Damn, him too?

And that's when Remy started to tremble.

It wasn't just Reika. Everyone he talked to at school was dying, and for pointless reasons. But, Remy knew he must one day kill. And not just Kris, either. There were a lot of people playing, it seemed. But he wasn't like them. But, why Trevor? And why Reika? Reiko had become a player as well...

His eyes started to water again, but he wiped them away. Remy really had no clue where Josée was, but he was aware that she wouldn't be happy with his crying. Besides, he made his choice, so he shouldn't be crying. He knew that if he ever saw Kris, he would stab "him" as many times as possible. It was the right thing to do, to be honest. Reika would be able to rest in peace, and wherever she was, she would be happy to find out her murderer received justice, right? Maybe he could go after this Hearst guy too, if he ever came across him.

But still. He didn't want to be here. He didn't want to die...

Remy stared at the ground.

He didn't want to actually kill someone either, now that he thought of it.

How would Mom think if he actually did kill someone?

And suddenly, killing Kris didn't seem so appealing. But, the thought of trying to get vengeance remained, just smaller.

He looked around him. Where was the other two? Katelyn and Josée were most likely nearby, that was to be certain. How was Josée holding up, anyways? He always had trouble trying to peek into that woman's mind. Yes, they were twins. No, that didn't mean he could read it. To him, Josée may as well be an alien creature from planet Mars, or possibly further out in the universe. Remy still wondered if she was concerned about that OC guy of hers. Would she act the same way as he was if OC got killed? Did she care about him? Did she care about the Ishidas at all?

And Katelyn. She probably had friends out here, too.

Remy sighed. Oh god. How many people were going to die here? Only one was supposed to survive, apparently.

"Hey guys?" he asked quietly, hoping at least one of the two girls were nearby.

They had to be nearby. They just simply had to.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And soon the others popped up.

First came Katelyn, who gave him a relieved smile, which Remy returned. Thank goodness she was safe. Now what about Josée?

"Well... I think I can safely say that that is definitely a forest out there. So what have you contributed to the team so far this morning Remy?"

He span around, to see the little she-devil talking to him.

Remy clenched his fist. Sure, it was her idea to team up. Sure, she had said that she wanted one of them to get off the island safely to Mom. Sure, he wanted to keep her around. But, that didn't mean that everything was perfect between them and they could tolerate each other easily. God, sometimes he wished he could just smack her right across the face. But that wouldn't do, would it?

But, none the less, Remy was irritated.

"Josée, how about you just-" he started to snap, but-

Noises. Muffled noises. It sounded like... someone else was shouting? What the hell...

Remy sighed. Well, it had to be sometime that they ran into someone. The fact that they hadn't encountered anyone yesterday meant that they were probably going to encounter someone today. Remy wasn't in the best of moods, and Josée was being particularly irritating right now. So, this new event was starting to get on his nerves too.

He looked around at the other two. Josée had that club thing, while Katelyn had a megaphone. He had the knife. So, two of them could probably defend themselves. A megaphone... maybe they could talk to however was there?

But, what if it was one of the players?

What if it was Kris?

Remy took a deep breath, and turned to Katelyn. "Do you think it's a good idea to try talking to them with that... you know... uh... megaphone?"

He didn't even bother asking Josée. He really wasn't in the mood.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Katelyn fished the megaphone out of the bag quickly, and nodded. Remy found himself glaring at a giggling Josée, before looking back at Katelyn. God damn it, he really wasn't in the mood for Josée's antics right now. Again, it was her idea to team up, but that didn't mean he liked hanging around her most of the time. But, at least she had her club-thingy out, so she at least was going to be helpful, rather than going "my brother is an idiot" this entire time. That, at least, was a good sign, since it meant that she was going to... well, do something with herself if they got attacked.

Oh god, what if they were those kind of people? Would they be attracting some sort of psychopath to them? Not one, but two?

It was better to just talk to them, though. See if they would be willing to be friendly.

"Okay, Katelyn..." he started to say, and then took a deep breath.

"Just say to them... uh... you know. We're armed, but we're not willing to attack anyone. Or if you want I could... you know, say it myself?"

His hands wandered back to the knife in his pocket. What would happen if he had to use it? Again, at least two of them had weapons, right? There seemed to be two of the people, based on the voices. Two against two. Well, actually, three against two, depending on Katelyn's abilities. Hopefully it was indeed two people there, and not... well, more.

"Hey, anyone out there?"

Well, they seemed to notice them too, at least.

Okay, Katelyn, you know what to do. Just call out to them, and well... communicate. Remy took a deep breath.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Katelyn and the other people started communicating. Yes! They were getting along just fine. It wasn't as if they had some sort of weapon, right? Apparently one of them did, but they said it wasn't very good. In fact, they were going to toss it over to show them.

And what happened next was like something out of a bad Japanese cartoon.

Remy wasn't sure what had happened next. But a shiny gleam brushed past Katelyn's neck, and he could see a red splotch on it. Oh jesus, what was happening? They attacked her, didn't they?

"Katelyn!" Remy shouted, as she put her hand to her neck, apparently realizing what had happened.

And that's when she screamed.

Remy felt a chill down his spine watching her on the ground and sobbing. Before he and his sister could do anything, she laid completely still, her blood pooling from her neck.

They killed her.

Those two. Murdered her. Liars. Psychopaths.

Just like Kris.

They were bad people.

Remy felt his heart race and his eyes began to tear up again. Assholes. Something had to be done... they lied to them. They attacked her. Attacked them. Remy didn't even know what had been thrown at them, but whatever it was, it got her.

He reached into his pocket, and without warning pulled out his switchblade.

"Josée, stay back. Let me deal with this", he said quietly.

Remy slowly walked towards where the voices came from. But after a few seconds, he stopped and took a deep breath.

Then he ran towards the source at full blast.

They weren't getting away with this. Not them. Not Kris. Not Danya. Not anyone.

Tears ran down his face as he ran.

Fuck them. Fuck those two. He was going to get them. Get them both. Make sure they suffer. They deserved to suffer. They were murderers.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Remy was only focused on the act of running. It was like back in baseball. Oftentimes his mind was only focused on the bases, and nothing else. It was in a way exhilarating. And it was funny how he was thinking about that now. He had a feeling Josée was following him, but he didn't pay any attention.

And suddenly, he saw another person.

Cisco Vasquez.

Wasn't he that attention whore kid?

In any case... it was him who did that. Wasn't it? God fucking damn it, Cisco. Remy always thought that he had some sort of issues. Now it was pretty much flat-out confirmed.

"Hey-" he heard the guy say, but before either of them knew it...

Remy felt himself collide with the soccer player and falling to the ground stomach first. His knife fell out of his hands, landing just a bit away from him, not even set straight.

Oh god, he literally ran into him.

Not only that, but he dropped his fucking knife.

Remy quickly looked around. Oh god, where was it? Cisco was going to kill him too. And not only that, but Remy wanted to make sure that he didn't get away with it.

Someone was running away, but he couldn't tell who it was. Deal with Cisco first, then go after him.

Suddenly, he found the blade's handle, and quickly grabbed it. After quickly sitting back up on his knees, he pressed the button on its side, causing the blade to extend.

Breathing heavily, he pointed the blade towards Cisco.

"Asshole!" he spat out.

Tears were once again running down his face, and along with the dirt stung his eyes. Remy was so pissed off right now, it wasn't even funny. Seriously, Cisco was probably showing off or something, and thought it would be a good idea to lie to people and throw lethal objects at them. Son of a bitch! He was probably going to deserve what came to him.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cisco, that asshole, was at his mercy. He can just stab him in the throat and be done with it. It was so simple. Cisco could just die for all he cared. Simple, simple. Remy knew he could stab this douchey attention whore in the throat and go about his way. What could stop him? Nothing. Katelyn would be pleased, right?

Well, something grabbed his arm.

Josée, of all people, was the one to tell him not to kill fucking Cisco Vasquez. Fucking Cisco, who had just killed one of their buddies. He couldn't believe it. Josée was always the one who always told him to man up. And yet she was stopping him.

And then Cisco, at her request, starting going on about doing "Death's bidding". Oh good, he was delusional. That made things so much better. Or was that someone named "Joe"? He mentioned both. Either way, oh yeah, that was definitely a good sign.

But at least he had no clue he killed her. Or at least, so he claimed. Remy really had no clue. Again, he seemed delusional and thought that he was off doing Death's work or something.

Josée yelled at him some more, calling him an idiot for tackling Cisco. Well, he was reacting to Katelyn's death, what else was he supposed to do? Just sit and cry in the corner? He had done enough of that already. Heck, he wasn't going to avenge Reika's death either if he did that. Kris was still out there, doing god knows what. Probably laughing about how he shot her and killing more people with a smile on his face. And Remy knew he must be the one to stop him. Add in the fact that someone threw something at someone who had been traveling with them that instantly killed her, and really, what was he supposed to do?

Josée seemed to think Cisco was a victim, that someone- an actual, physical person- had been manipulating him and using him to his advantage. Well, was there? He did mention that he was doing someone's bidding, but he said that fucking Death was his boss or whatever.

He reluctantly let his sister drag him off Cisco, looking for all the world like a grumpy child being dragged away by a frustrated parent.

And if they needed more proof Cisco was off his rocker...

"Oh God...she's taking it! She's taking my music!" Cisco yelled, coming close to tears.

Remy looked back at Josée, wondering if she was doing something that was upsetting him. She still had a grip on his arm, and wasn't taking any "music". In fact, there wasn't any music in sight. Seriously, the hell? This was infinite proof that he was out of his mind. Hopefully after this Josée would stop the "Oh the poor little murderer" act. After all, he was crying and carrying on about music in the middle of the woods. That also was such a good sign. A guy who thought he worked for Death and thought someone was going to take his music. A great sign of a sane person if he ever saw one.

Looking back at the crying person on the ground, he asked "Cisco... what the HELL are you talking about?"
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And then Cisco crawled over to Katelyn- or rather, what was left of her- and started picking something up nearby her, acting like he just found something extremely precious to him. Josée went to investigate, and after a few seconds Cisco piped up with "Guys?! It's okay! I got my music back!"

As Remy went to take a closer look, he could see Cisco waving around what appeared to be an album sleeve with a shiny, bloody object of some kind sticking out of it. That... was the object that had been thrown at them? Really? This was like some bad Japanese cartoon, he swore to god. An album. He managed to kill someone with an album. Remy didn't even know that was possible. Or maybe it was something else, like that thing Xena Warrior Princess would throw at people, whatever that was.

He still felt anger towards Cisco, though. God damn it, no matter what happened, one thing was clear; he killed Katelyn. Remy tried his best to keep his eyes off her. And he knew that she still laid there, her last moments in pain. Even now, her screams echoed in his mind. He was just another murderer here. Really, he was lucky Josée was there to stop him from stabbing him

Was he...?

Speaking of which, Josée proceeded to bitch at him some more. Saying that killing him wouldn't be worth it. Saying that he was out of his mind. Well, it seemed that she finally realized just how out of it Cisco was right now. Saying to be calm and to avoid the people who really matter, such as those whose names had shown up multiple times-

... She was really trying to appeal to him, wasn't she? Josée heard the announcements too, so she would know what had happened. Remy's face contorted at the mention of the multiple time killers, then relaxed. Really, his odd facial expression said it all.

Josée had interrupted herself, and made a comment about her bags. Wait, hold on, someone took her things?! Holy shit, their things were gone! Not just Katelyn's either, but the twins' bags had made a disappearing act as well! Someone had taken advantage of their being distracted and started taking things away while they weren't looking! What's more is, they had taken from the dead! That was uncalled for! Really uncalled for!

Josée, as always, started playing the "in control" act by talking to Cisco and asking him about who he was working with and which way they went. And then suddenly, Remy remembered. Two voices. One was Cisco's, right? Who was the other? Presumably whoever Cisco considered "Death", then. So a player? Why else would they be called "Death"? Maybe Josée was actually right about him being manipulated in his... current mental state by someone.

Perhaps it was the person who had taken their things. Perhaps that's where they had headed after Remy had ran towards him. He still thought he was insane for the "she's taking my music" thing. Josée seemed to think that he had seen someone nearby when he was saying that, however.

Remy looked around him frantically as Josée talked to Cisco. Really, the thief could have gone off by now, going off to steal more shit, he bet. Seriously, who the hell did they think they were?!

"Guys, I'm going to check if someone is still here. Don't worry, I won't attack if they won't attack", he said to the two in a quiet voice.

Okay, that was kind of, sort of, a lie in some respects. But mostly, if he found the thief, and they just backed away and put the things down, he wouldn't have to attempt using the knife again. But for now, find out who the thief was.

He looked around again, and went over to some nearby bushes to see if anyone was there. Would they hide after getting their loot? He doubted it.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Guys, we should wrap this one up. It's gone on too long, and it's a dangerzone. XD))

As he approached the bush, he could continue to hear Josée and Cisco talking. She continued to insult him behind his back, but asked Cisco again about "Death". She was still on this? She really wanted to know, didn't she?

Cisco rambled on, answering that "Death" was apparently named "Joe" or at least in the form of someone named Joe. But, he had no clue where Death/Joe went.

Suddenly, he could hear Cisco offering to help them, and as Remy turned his head towards, everything started to make sense.

Cisco had removed the "record" from its sleeve, but it was definitely not a record like he first thought when he first saw something in the sleeve. Was that a fucking sawblade? Jesus. Christ. He didn't know that was even possible. At least it made more sense than a record.

"Shit..." he mumbled, staring at the record.

Thud!

Remy suddenly turned his head.

Someone was nearby. They dropped something? Or maybe they fell to the ground?

It came from the bush.

Remy looked back at the other two, put his finger to his lips to indicate silence, and then peeked over the bush.

Would he find someone? Something did make a noise here. But what? Maybe it was the bag thief or both. Or maybe, as he thought, they were one and the same. Or maybe it was someone or something else? The announcements did say something about bears, after all.

Suddenly, he ran.

He ran deeper into the woods, his heart racing.

Come on, show yourselves!

But suddenly, Remy was tossed to the ground, landing face first. Oh god, he tripped on something! What was it? A quick look behind them and... was that someone's bag? He lifted it up. Huh. That must have been one of theirs. Lifting himself off the ground, he looked around frantically as he lifted the bag over his shoulder.

And without telling the others, went searching for the bag thief again. After a while, Remy had wandered off, to the point where he was fairly far off from Cisco and Josée.

((Remy Kim continued in Alex In Sunderland))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply