Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Too Late
Topic Started: Oct 15 2010, 07:16 PM (4,452 Views)
laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Cisco Vasquez continued from All That I've Ever Known))

Cisco Vasquez felt like dying.

He had apparently been wandering across the entire island looking for souls to reap for the last 48 hours at the very least. Despite having applied (and re-applied where the cases warrant) bandages and ointment from his own first-aid kit, andhaving managed to feed himself sparsely he had not only lost track of time but from what he noticed about the lack of any presence at all since this morning, lost track of his only traveling buddy.

And when that traveling buddy was the Grim Reaper, well, he couldn't help but feel extremely vulnerable at the least. His arms had practically stiffened holding his Carol Channing vinyl - which he still hadn't fully realized was a circular sawblade in a Carol Channing sleeve - to his chest. He also felt a bit abandoned and guilty, probably because of his complete lack of performance as Death's minion. By now, he had started mumbling to himself, mulling over every single different possibility and degree of pain of however Joe Rios would end up punishing him for his inability to do his dirty work. He begged and pleaded with whatever entity resided in his head for an opportunity to really prove himself.

Indeed, Joe seemed very, very disturbed as of late. Particularly when the announcement started playing. Cisco found this fear contagious, as he obviously attributed it to his current inability to do the Reaper's bidding. After all, none of them were responsible for the names mentioned on the announcement, and in that form Death would have to walk quite a bit to properly claim all the souls that the other students had liberated from the mortal coil.

"Joe? Buddy?" Cisco whimpered, "Is everything all right?"

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cisco didn't get an immediate reply to his question, as both he and Joe found themselves paying a little too much attention to the announcements to do so. Unfortunately, when that reply came, it came as sudden as a swing of that scythe out of goddamn motherfucking nowhere.

"Of course everything isn't fucking all right! My best friend died horribly and got ruthlessly mocked over the announcements, and another person I was reasonably close to has been going on a batshit insane killing spree, you fucking idiot!" Joe snapped back.

Such violent reaction caused Cisco to curl up in his spot bracing. He closed his eyes and almost started sobbing, expecting nothing short of a drawn-out, painful (and most importantly, over-dramatic) demise. He didn't usually pay attention to who-dated-who in school, let alone who-was-mostly-likely-to-murder-who, and clearly there was a price for not doing his proverbial homework.

"Oh God...Joe..." he whimpered as he shivered, "I'm sorry..."

"Sorry... I didn't mean to get angry at you. It's not your fault, you couldn't possibly have known that I was close to Rose or Reiko," Joe apologized. That was excuse enough to calm Cisco's nerves for the time being, as he straightened up somewhat and wiped off whatever sweat suddenly beaded on his forehead away with a bandaged arm.

"Still, saying this is an unwelcome development would be just a bit of an understatement," Joe added. "Seriously, what the fuck, it's like the universe is out to get me or something."

Cisco nodded in almost sheepish approval. It wasn't exactly a secret that people were generally out to try to screw Death over as much as they could before the inevitable. Some got lucky, others worked for it. It bought them time (particularly those that made deals with the Reaper), or merely hastened the process. But Death got everyone in the end, including his minions.

And, as luck would hopefully have it, the source of what seemed like talking in very, very close vicinity.

"Do you hear that?" the green-haired minion asked, putting a finger to his mouth and looking around. He slowly pried his hand into the sleeve of his vinyl, his fingertips slowly making their way down the metallic edge of the circular sawblade within toward the hole that he figured was its 'grip.' But he didn't draw it out, not yet. He didn't want whoever he intended to use this against to know that he had a lethal weapon (which, unbeknownst to him, actually did have the potential to seriously mess someone the fuck up.)

"Someone's nearby...very...very close..." he added, the edges of his mouth twisting upward into a very sinister grin.
Edited by laZardo, Oct 25 2010, 11:22 PM.

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((For the sake of roll expediency we'll be moving things along a little bit as worked out with Ban.))

"Act casual, and take that... abomination of a facial expression off. Seriously, you're scaring me a little with that, we can't afford to scare whoever's out there too,"

Cisco quickly took these words to heart, gasping briefly as his smile sunk back into an expression of quivering obedience. Perhaps it was better to let Joe do his job and then have Cisco do the dirty work...though it was starting to near the point where it was past gratifying for him.

"Hey, anyone out there?" Joe shouted. Cisco stepped back toward Joe so the two were almost back-to-back, hoping that he hadn't somehow alerted a horde. Of course, a pseudo-supernatural call deserved a pseudo-supernatural response, this one in the form of what sounded like the feedback from a speaker.

The ringing in his ears from the explosion had dissipated enough that he only had tinnitus during more absolute silence. It sounded like the feedback was coming from only one speaker.

"Uh, hi. It's Katelyn. With a 'K'." Only one person came to mind when he heard those words, though she sounded sincere enough (as sincere as a speaker filter would allow) that it was most likely that person.

Katelyn Wescott was almost a nerd after his own heart. Almost. Sure she liked to put an almost freaky intensity into things, but she just seemed too intellectual for it to be 'real.' Not that it caused him to hold any contempt for her from that, he just kept his distance from her like he did from most (and vice versa.)

"We're not fighting! We won't hurt you! We might even be able to help!"

From how confident (or not) she sounded, she had to have found a group that had power in numbers or weaponry. Either way, he couldn't take them on with Death's earthly form and not suffer greatly (and stupidly) for it. Which means they had to come up with a way to lure them to their doom...something Cisco was already getting to while Katelyn was speaking.

"I've got an idea..." Cisco suddenly said, his enthusiasm limited by his hushed voice, "I'll toss my vinyl at them. That'll show them we don't mean any harm yet."

He pursed his lips as he gently pried his fingers into the torn paperboard sleeve, making his way around the bladed tip of the 'vinyl' and across its smooth yet slightly scuffed metallic surface to the hole before slowly pulling it out. Removing it also slowly removed bits and pieces of the actual black vinyl, shattered in the explosion, causing them to fall to his feet unnoticed.

He held out the record with an extended arm and fingers and a gentle yet disappointed smile on his face, as if he were at a jewelry store analyzing a (fiendishly huge) engagement ring. The steel glinted in the light, allowing him to see the 'vinyl's' serrated edges more clearly. But even then, he wasn't quite convinced.

"It's a shame, this must be a limited edition print." Cisco couldn't exactly remember where he'd heard that vinyls were printed in different colors. Maybe it was just the preschool records his teacher put on the toy player, which was somehow fitting given that the original vinyl was a first-edition printing of children's songs.

"But hell, I'm gonna die soon anyway," he added, "Nobody's gonna miss it."

Cisco removed his finger from the hole and held the circular sawblade with both hands, pinching the flat side so as not to cut himself like last time as he stared out in the general direction of the megaphone voice. The voice came from a direction where the foliage was relatively low, probably not much taller than the two boys. It wouldn't be hard to send the vinyl hurtling over it just far enough to be noticed if the wind didn't blow it back into the woods.

"We don't want to hurt you either!" he shouted, his throat aching a bit from not having done much shouting in a long time. "I'll toss out my weapon, it's not that good!"

Without any further delay, Cisco folded his wrist forward and crouched a bit, clearly aiming to mimic his athletic counterparts in executing this suddenly-improvised plan of his. He was no discus thrower by most measures, but at least his constant state of pseudo-dizziness meant he wouldn't lose as much of the bearings he'd somehow recovered after the explosion as he figured he would. With a rather loud grunt, he loosed his grip and sent the blade whizzing over the foliage. At least it didn't seem to wobble much from the air resistance...as much as he could spot it before it finally disappeared from his sight.

If anything though, Cisco didn't expect it to hit anything. In fact he probably didn't expect the 'vinyl' to reach them at all. It would probably land harmlessly at their feet at the most, maybe even bounce harmlessly off of their clothes.

This'll be easy. I'll just ask Death to help me find it when I'm done...maybe this'll satisfy him.

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Silence.

Joe stood there, his eyes closed. Maybe he was meditating or uttering a spell or something. He didn't seem to be as angry as he was just a moment ago. But somehow it seemed that the act of falsely discarding his weapon didn't satisfy him as much as Cisco had hoped. And "not as much as hoped" meant he'd have to go fetch it himself, rather than have Joe bring it back with his 'mystical powers and shit,' otherwise he would have already had it back by now.

"Right, I guess I should go fetch my weapon then..." Cisco said awkwardly, before taking a deep breath.

He peered into the foliage realizing he would have to do this by himself, and started to trudge into it, holding the paper sleeve of his sweet, deadly musicmaker close to him as he went in toward the general direction of where he thought he threw his precious 'vinyl.' This island was supposed to be inhabited only by the students, right? So it wasn't as if there were some gigantic grizzly bear roaming around just eating everyone. Maybe it was a legendary chupacabra or one of Death's paranormal-supernatural drinking buddies. Maybe it was some evil smoke monster guarding the entrance to Danya's secret lair. He looked up through the foliage into the reddening sky. It beautiful to the point of distraction.

Indeed, Cisco's upward glances and wondering about what sort of fantasy or television-inspired creature lurked about these mysterious forests kept his constantly whirling thought processes lovingly distracted against the thought of what real people might really be lurking through them right now.

Such as the person suddenly appearing from behind one of the trees and running in the general direction of where he'd thrown the weapon. The first thing that undistracted the spaced-out goalie was the sound of footsteps nearby, at which point he turned his head down to notice the guy practically next to him, about to run him the fuck over. It wouldn't be the first time he'd only noticed something a split-second before a nasty surprise.

"Hey-" was all Cisco could say before deja vu suddenly had its metaphorical way with him and left him metaphorically whimpering, curled up on metaphorical bedsheets while deja vu smoked a metaphorical cigarette and tossed him a couple of 20s for being so cooperative.

He didn't realize that he'd been bumped into by someone running like a goddamn mountain until he was on the ground, face-down and dazed.
Edited by laZardo, Nov 27 2010, 09:21 AM.

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Asshole!" It didn't take the saliva spat out by whoever bumped into Cisco Vasquez and knocked him to the ground, taking the sleeve of the vinyl with him.

There was a very angry Remy Pierce on top of him, pointing a very shiny blade directly at his throat. He had that look in his eyes that probably said something like "Hello, my name is Remy Pierce. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Whichever of his classmates was his father or the equivalent. It wasn't as if Cisco could tell with that very shiny blade pointed directly at his throat ready to kill him before he could scream.

Painfully enough, this would be that part of the minion's life where he would be groveling for mercy and casting the blame off to someone else before the hero either spared him and told him he wasn't worth killing (at which point he would try to kill the hero and end up getting killed anyway), or just got killed outright. That was unless Death came to intervene, but that was usually at the very last moment, and the fuck if Cisco could wait what with A GODDAMN SHINY BLADE ABOUT TO TEAR HIS FUCKING THROAT OPEN.

He wanted to call for Joe. He even opened his mouth to try to despite the apparent risk of having a sudden spasm of his Adam's apple bring his throat up to the knife before the knife went down on his throat.

But then somebody else appeared. Somebody that wasn't Joe.

"Don't you go psycho on me Remy," the new girl said. "Trust you to do something like this. It's not like he meant to do it."

Throwing the record out didn't seem like such a bad idea. It wasn't as if he'd actually killed anyone with it, right?

"You didn't mean to kill her, right." she then asked, before turning to Remy as if he was her trained attack dog, "At least give him a chance to explain himself..."

"Kill her!? OhgodwhatdididowhatdidIDO!" he exclaimed before regressing into the frightened mutters of a cornered animal.

It wasn't hard to see Cisco starting to sweat quite profusely. After all, the possibility that the 'record' he threw out might have actually killed someone quite painfully and gruesomely had only dawned on him just now. But he still couldn't imagine a thin plastic disc actually slicing someone in two or even decapitating them. Unless of course...it had been 'powered up' by some external force. Truly the machinations of Death (from a mind filled with a bit too much television, anyway) were beyond his understanding!

So explain yourself." She said to him. "I promise that my dunce of brother won't hurt you if you start talking now."

"Death...Joe...I did his bidding..." he sputtered, trying to force a smile, "I didn't think I'd kill anyone with it..."

Actually, he kinda sorta did. When you were in the service of the Grim Fucking Reaper, you would be expected to help with the fucking reaping. Not that he didn't fear that Remy wouldn't believe his little gray lie and then slit his throat on the spot. He moved one arm out toward the sleeve of his 'vinyl,' which had fallen to the side and lay sprawled across the dirt in all its sickeningly retro colorful glory.

He turned his head as much as fear would allow given the blade still close to his throat. He would have then proceeded to point directly at the sleeve for not being able to reach it and make whatever case his turbulent mind could put together in some feeble attempt to save himself. But in turning his head at just the right angle that possibility vanished altogether as he spotted someone just beyond the trees. He couldn't make out who it was...but he could definitely spot what that person was holding.

"Oh God...she's taking it!" At this point, his penchant for hysteria had devolved into hysterics. "She's taking my music!" he shouted, just eyeing what looked to be a girl carrying that large, circular (and bloodstained) glinting object he had somehow deluded himself into thinking was his original Carol Channing record. "She's taking my music!" he said again, already sobbing close to incoherent.
Edited by laZardo, Nov 30 2010, 11:55 AM.

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Did you see which direction he went in? Whichever way it was, I say we go the other! Right Remy?! Remy! Ok?! I'm sorry that Katelyn had to die like that but let's be honest. Whoever was trying to kill us has probably ran off by now. There's no point in killing his own victims for him."

He couldn't believe that they were believing him. As it were. They believed he hadn't acted of his own free will at about the only time where he had opted to do so ever since he began his indentured servitude to the Grim Reaper. Of course, that wasn't to say he was no longer in that indentured servitude at this moment. But that was better than them not believing him and slashing his throat with that blade, bringing the inevitable a lot sooner than he hoped. Not that a painful death wasn't his main concern. Or at least a painful death without his 'vinyl.'

"You're not planning anything are you; you're not going shoot us when our backs are turned, are you? Because I've got my hands full with this idiot going around stabbing everyone he sees. So if you do have anything, please toss it onto the floor now and no harm will come to you."

About the only thing he was holding right now was the sleeve of the vinyl he saw that girl taking from the corpse...at least for a few seconds. Apparently his cries of abandonment was enough to scare the girl off, causing her to drop the 'vinyl' in reflex. But not before he dropped it to his side in response to not wanting to die an immediately painful death, however peripheral that concern was now.

Then, as if an opportunity sent from beyond the grave (from which direction he didn't necessarily care,) Remy got off of him.

"Cisco... what the HELL are you talking about?"

As soon as he was sure that Remy Pierce wasn't weighing him down, he immediately rolled over, grabbed the fallen record sleeve and scrambled over in an almost chimp-like manner toward the sawblade. When he got close enough, he kicked his legs out to enable him to tackle out at the fallen serrated metal disc on the ground, reuniting with it like a long-lost relative or girlfriend.

He picked it up with a look on his eyes like a girl receiving a pony for Christmas. He practically cuddled it, rubbing his face along its bloodstained flat edge as he knelt on the gravel. Whoever had taken it was now gone...or probably hiding nearby, waiting to spring a trap on him. Maybe it was Death, wherever he went.

"It's okay, baby...I'm sorry I let you go..." he moaned, with a bizarrely crooked smile across his face. In those moments of infatuation he didn't even seem to notice the bugs starting to gather around the corpse of the girl he had killed (accidentally or otherwise), or even the smell of the blood and rot starting to permeate from the blade. But he did feel the serrated edges nudge painfully into his arms. And it enticed him to slowly slip the large circular sawblade right back into its sleeve.

Or rather, only halfway through, part of the bloodied side still jutting out of the sleeve.

"Guys?! It's okay!" he said to nobody in particular, raising the gleaming sawblade half-tucked in its sleeve in the air and waving it, "I got my music back!"

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Bout time. q: Also, that is still a gleaming circular sawblade that he actually threw.))

Cisco's little moment of celebration had apparently caught the attention of the girl that had saved him from being prematurely reaped by Remy Pierce. And from the way she approached him with the clear intention not to kill him herself, that was a good thing.

"Hi... Cisco, you're name's Cisco right. Josée Trembley by the way, great to meet you."
Oh, that was her name. Well, at least unlike her psycho brother with a different last name, she sounded nice. She reached out a hand to shake his, and as he got up to a kneeling position he shook it with his knuckles facing up like a dog placing its paw in its master's palm, his other hand cradling the sleeve. His supply bag was, well, wherever he had left it back there near Remy.

"Guys, I'm going to check if someone is still here. Don't worry, I won't attack if they won't attack," Remy said, before wondering off. The green-haired freak worriedly watched him leave, his hand still interlocked with Josee's.

"I'm sure you'll be in safe hands with us around... Well, at least, as long as I'm around, you'll be safe from my dimwit brother, I promise. So perhaps you could tell me a bit about this 'Death' person..."

"Death?" Cisco began, looking to the side in an awkwardly childish manner, "Oh, you mean Joe! Or at least I think he's in Joe's form...I don't know..." His voice trailed off as he leaned over to the side, looking behind her and wondering where the fuck Joe went while he retrieved his so-called music from Katelyn's throat. "...where he went..."

Maybe he was just invisible. Or maybe he defied Joe's orders so badly that Joe had simply given up on him and left. Or maybe he was invisible, and that Joe was probably planning to sneak up on him and reap him where he stood in as much an overly dramatic manner as Cisco having sliced someone's throat with a frisbee-like throw of a circular sawblade. Which somehow meant that he had to do something to redeem himself, and think of how he would do that before the latter happened.

It certainly beat the thought of thinking about exactly how Joe would reap him...well, you get the idea.

"You guys looking for something?" While he was off fetching his favorite toy, someone had apparently taken the liberty of snatching the other two's bags. "I think I could help..." he added, slowly lifting the bloodstained circular sawblade from its sleeve and exposing its serrated glory for her to notice.

The thought that it might still have kept some of its deathly tracking powers encouraged Cisco, although he'd really only thought of it now. And getting the guy that was going to kill him on his side...well, that was incentive in itself. Now if only he didn't do anything to cause her to turn on him...

laZardo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Josee also looked around at the mention of Joe, perhaps she had some connection with him because he figured her to be looking around for wherever Death went.

"Come on Cisco, let's go find the nut. He couldn't have gone far."

"Yeah...uh...let's find him." the green-haired freak replied with a canine-like nod. The irony was that Cisco did notice they started heading in the opposite direction from Remy, but he didn't think that was a bad thing, mainly because he thought they were going to hunt for Joe. Tucking his 'music' back into its sleeve, he hurried along after her, anxiously scanning the inland woods in the fading light for any odd-looking shadows.

It would also be quite some time before he realized Remy had taken his bag as well.

((Cisco Vasquez continued elsewhere))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply