Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Not an Easy Out; Morning, Day 3
Topic Started: Oct 13 2010, 09:07 PM (3,671 Views)
TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
((Ericka Bradley continued from Just Like a Hangover But Without All The Fun))

It had taken awhile to find a place where Ericka could get a little bit of rest. It hadn't been much, she was too stressed to sleep very deeply, or for very long, but it would have to do. She woke up to the announcement and, eating some of her bread rations and drinking some water, she set out, hoping on doing something other than waiting in one spot until someone with murderous intent found her.

Arriving at what appeared to be an open field, Ericka took out her map to figure out where she was. The Greens... They were a danger- no wait, that's right, the danger zones had been cleared, the Greens were safe, and since there were deaths here there might be things to scavenge.

Ericka slowly walked around the outskirts of the area, hoping to find any dead bodies that might have anything that would be helpful with it. The first body she found, however, turned out to be less-than-dead. Eyeing him over, she saw that he had two weapons... Had he...? No, he didn't necessarily kill someone for a second weapon. Ericka knew she couldn't have been the only one who had the idea to search dead bodies for weapons or extra rations.

The question now was; Would he be friend or foe? Ericka edged closer to try to get a better look.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ericka had been noticed. By Lucas Lupradio, apparently. She didn't recognize the name, but then she was never exactly a social butterfly. She wondered whether she should introduce herself or if she should run, against her better judgment she decided to introduce herself.

"...I'm Ericka Bradley," She hesitantly called out, "I was attacked yesterday, and I had to k-kill him, so my name was...." She thought for a moment "Back at school I helped out at the school library as an extra-curricular, a lot of people remember me from that if it helps."

She stepped out past the treeline. "So, Is there a reason you're standing out in the open like that?"

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
A fortress? He thinks a wide open space would make a good fortress? What is he thinking? It didn't take a tactical genius to know that many of the advantages he got from his "fortress" would also work against him. Either that was a lie or he just didn't realize that it was a bad plan, both possibilities were aggravating.

He wanted to know about her kill, in detail. How much detail was needed? Detail was not what she wanted to relive, especially not with a gun pointed at her.

"Uh... I was looking for a place to rest, I checked around the mine area. Frankie confronted me, at first I didn't recognize him, but then I realized I had seen him around the library. He seemed upset at me, I don't really know why, but a rumor I heard back at Bayview, if true, would explain it. He threw his knife at me, but it only hit me with it's handle. He ran at me, I shot and hit, but it wasn't fatal. He knocked me down and I dropped my gun. He grabbed his knife off of the ground and held it over me. Then he... I guess he hesitated, but he still would have killed me, I could tell, it's just... anyway, he dropped the knife and I grabbed it, and since you heard the announcement you can probably figure out what happened next. When he died he collapsed on top of me and I was stuck for awhile.... Oh, and I think he was traveling with someone, but I didn't see them if he was, probably ran when they heard the gunshot."

Ericka gulped nervously, she was attacked, but who would know if this boy would see it that way. She put her finger on the trigger and tightened her grip on her gun. The knife had been stored in her bag when she took her rest earlier, without any pockets she only had her hands, her bag, and her sleeves to carry things with, her left sleeve already had a clip hidden in it for easy access, and she wanted to keep her right sleeve unweighted.

"What about you?" She asked with a slight hint of annoyance in her voice, "You have two weapons. Did you kill anyone today?" She took a few steps back and raised her weapon and pointed it at the boy, "See? You're not the only one who can ask inconvenient questions while pointing a gun at someone. And you know what? I have a forest to slip into, unlike you and your so-called fortress."

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
More people showed up when she finished asking her question. They tried to defuse the situation by getting her and Lucas to stop pointing their guns at each other. It was certainly a good idea, but Lucas didn't seem to be going for it while Ericka had her gun up, and she wouldn't drop her guard while the boy was aiming at her either.

Lucas answered her question; he had gotten the gun by doing what she had been planning to do, scavenging it from a one of the dead.

Peter tried to talk down Lucas, and Ericka saw her chance to escape. She figured that, with his attention, divided Lucas might not notice her if she moved slowly enough. Keeping her gun trained onto Lucas, she backed slowly and carefully towards the tree that had her bag under it. She didn't know what he would do if he noticed her, and she hoped she wouldn't have to find out.

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ericka lowered her weapon and listened to Lucas' ramblings. Clearly he didn't trust her, or Peter, or the other girl, or anybody else for that matter, but he was still unwilling to kill. Someone who was unwilling to kill, but also unwilling to trust wouldn't have a long lifespan on this island.

"Why would Danya tell the truth?" Ericka voiced the question that Lucas had implied, "It's true that Danya says whatever makes people more willing to kill, but a story of self-defense never does that... unless." She paused, "If Danya thought the story would teach us a lesson that would potentially create a higher body count he'd be willing to tell the truth.

"Look, you're obviously convinced I'm a player, right? And you didn't aim your weapon away from me until you noticed you were surrounded, so I'm guessing you don't trust those two either. I understand the feeling, every time I've come across another person on this island I've been in danger, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to what others are saying. And not every player is a rabid predator who will try to kill everyone they meet."

She turned to walk behind behind the tree and retrieve her bag, but then stopped and turned back toward the others.

"Oh, before I go I should probably make sure you're aware of what Danya was trying to teach us by telling the truth about my kill shouldn't I? The message required us to know that Frankie was the attacker, and it was simply this; If you try to kill someone, make sure you can follow through."

Upon ending her explanation, Ericka raised her gun towards Lucas and opened fire.

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ericka lowered her weapon for a moment when Lucas got hit. Relief swept over her, the guy had been looking for trouble and the only reason he lowered his weapon was probably because he noticed he was surrounded.

Then he started to get up and the relief was replaced by terror. For a moment she was frozen, like a deer caught in the headlights, she stood in stunned silence while Lucas began to take aim.

His first shot by a wide margin, but the sound of his gun firing shook Ericka back to attention. She ran behind a tree for cover. There was a pause in the gunfire, and Ericka peeked out from behind the tree to assess the situation. Lucas was aiming for the girl that Peter appeared to be traveling with and Peter moved to protect her. His sword was swung down towards Lucas' neck.

Now it was really over. Peter may or may not have realized it, but he had helped Ericka out as much as he helped his friend over there. And she was grateful, but it probably wouldn't be safe to stick around and thank him so she grabbed her bags and cautiously made her way out of the area.

--------

On her way out Ericka decided to make one quick scan for her original goal; corpses that might have something worth taking. They'd probably have been stripped clean of anything useful by now, but it didn't hurt to check. She came across the tennis court, and Dawne's corpse. Searching Dawne's bag, Ericka was glad she had decided to continue scavenging. A holster for a gun was at the bottom of the bag. Some people might not have been so excited to find the holster instead of a weapon, but for Ericka, whose pocket-less outfit made it difficult to handle multiple weapons, the holster was a minor godsend.

The holster was the kind that attached to the thigh with nylon straps. After fastening the holster to her right leg, she checked to see how her gun fit in it. Ericka stuffed about three of Dawne's unopened water bottles into her own bag and left the area.

((Ericka Bradley continued The Cloud Minders))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Greens · Next Topic »
Add Reply