Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hearing is Believing; Private between Miranda Merchant, Sarah Atwell and Lily MacLaughlin
Topic Started: Oct 12 2010, 03:18 AM (2,061 Views)
Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sarah Atwell continued from No News is Good News ))

Sarah had been lagging behind. Well not lagging per say but moving slower than the other two, just to conserve her energy. Plus it gave her time to think. There was absolutely no way she would be able to overpower both girls so when Miranda asked for a break she quickly hid the smile that passed across her face. Strolling over to the girl she gave an empathetic smile and put a hand on her shoulder.

"You're right. We've been walking all night and we probably should get some rest, it's almost dawn. I can take first watch if needed, I managed to get some sleep last night and frankly you both look like you're about to fall down."

She hoped Lily and Miranda would agree. It would be dawn soon, and that meant announcements. Which in turn meant that she might be revealed to the two girls. If they were asleep however it would give her a little more prep time. She waiting for seconds for her companions' response, her tension was almost palpable. The reveal needed to be at the right time and she just was not ready yet. There could be no room for mistakes: the film industry wasn't forgiving, especially for an aspiring young director such as herself and the added stress of playing the main villain was taking its toll on her. She had, during the long walk decided that the movie would be a dark and gritty film, tailored to demonstrate that life was not a fairy tale, the protagonist (her) would win, despite committing horrific (and some would say insane) deeds. She hoped that the audience would understand the underlying subtext of the film. This would be no Chainsaw Massacre, it would showcase humanity's plight of struggling in a world where trust was something that was given too freely. Film classes would rave, thesis' would be written, her name would be known in every class. And of course in the real world she would be polite and sweet and everyone would know that this was simply an act. She was playing her part and all would be forgiven.

Sarah Atwell was a good person. The role she played was not.

The girl jumped slightly as a speaker hidden in the trees crackled to life. Too soon, it was too soon. Her hand slid in to her pocket and her grip on Miranda's shoulder tightened reflexively before she released the girl. She hoped her actions weren't too transparent.

Edited by Fanatic, Oct 26 2010, 02:50 AM.
Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

William 'Woozie' Wu - "Hey Pheebs, you're amazing babe."

V4
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
As Miranda whirled to face her Sarah put her hands up in protest and began to deny the implied accusation, her face aghast. "Miranda, it's a lie! I swear I didn't kill..." She trailed off, letting her arms fall to her side. The transformation was apparent. Her body visibly relaxed and a thin smile worked its way across her face. She tilted her head slightly to one side, ever so slowly as she began speaking once more.

"No. No you're right. No point in denying what happened, honestly I'm surprised you two didn't figure it out sooner. The blood, the vague descriptions, all made up on the fly. I suppose I *am* a fantastic actor." She felt a sense of elation at the announcement. People were watching, people had realised that she was creating a masterpiece. That was the very word that Danya used. She would be recognised, and now, now that she had a following she knew she couldn't let them down.

"Tch, tch Miranda." Sarah continued, waggling her finger at the shocked girl mere feet away. "At least Lily had the sense to ask why I wanted you two to split up but I guess that kind of thinking doesn't come easy to a bit character like yourself." She took a step forward, sliding her hand in to her jeans pocket, removing the scalpel and gently twirling it around her finger as she had done many times in the past with pens when musing over a particularly hard question.

Adrenaline pumped through her veins as she relished the thought of sliding the thin blade in to Miranda's soft skin. The human body was so fragile, even the tiniest nick could kill the most hale of men. Her body quivered with anticipation of what was to come, the shrill cry for help from her victim, the struggle - fierce at first but slowly fading in to acceptance. The sweet, sweet scent of blood trickling from a wound. She wanted to savour this feeling. It felt almost like religious ecstasy. A rapture, that was it. Still she couldn't take the time she wanted here. Who knew what Lily might do, she had professed to have a weapon but Sarah was confident, she knew now that no one could stop her from fulfilling her role.

She moved ever closer to Miranda, the girls mouth moved, saying something - at volume. Sarah didn't care, it wasn't needed. It all faded in to background noise as she honed in on the artery pumping blood through Miranda's neck. The rhythmic pulsing hypnotic in pattern. Her eyes were wild, like something possessed, a look filled with cold, murderous intent.

dadum

dadum

dadum.

"It's frightening isn't it?" She said as she advanced the final step to stabbing distance of Miranda. "I bet your legs are screaming at you to run, but you. Just. Can't. Can you? People always chastise actors in horror movies, asking themselves why don't they just run? Truth is, terror paralyzes, just like now."

Sarah had no fear that Lily was going to intervene, her vision had shrank, all she could hear and see is that artery flowing full of bright red blood, Miranda's life force, within her grasp. The strange sense of having power over another's life was like some sort of high. She had felt it when she went to work on Eve and she had slowly ceased her struggles, but now, even before Sarah did anything the feeling rushed through her, coursing across her body.

dadum

dadum

dadum.

Time slowed to an almost imperceptible speed for the girl as she let the wave of power crash over her and she jabbed. No witty one liner or villain's monologue from her, it was all about the moment. The feeling. The Rush. With a quick strike she sliced across the carotid artery before jamming the scalpel in to Miranda's windpipe, the thin instrument piercing through the protective layer. Sarah stepped back and watched Miranda's wild eyed movements as she grasped about. All Sarah could feel was the waves of power, of pleasure, of rapture flooding through her and she closed her eyes, her body quivering, relishing the moment.

"Yes."
Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lily was screaming and it came to Sarah's ears like the rush of water and she opened her eyes watching Miranda slip down the trunk of the tree her life slowly oozing away. She smiled sadly, holding out a hand, as if to comfort the dying girl from a distance.

"Shhh, shhhhh. Don't cry now, it's ok. Don't you see, you've played your part so well Miranda, don't ruin it now. Just go with the feeling, give in to it. It's so easy now."

The spurts of blood coursing through the artery in time with Miranda's heartbeat seemed to slow and every time it oozed out Sarah felt something within her pulse in time. A shot of a drug that she wanted, no needed, more of. She stared fascinated at Miranda for a moment and moved to speak again when she was interrupted by Lily's yell.

"No!"

The noise was jarring and Sarah jerked around in response. Angry at first, this scene hadn't ended she wanted to watch and feel every moment of Miranda's life slip away and here Lily was interrupting a moment that she had no right to involve herself in. Where was professional courtesy these days?! Even so she recovered quickly. "Lily." She said quietly and she closed her eyes slowly breathing in deeply as if attempting to enter a trance.

As she opened them once more she twisted her head a little to the side and leaned in with her neck. "You could save her you know? Push right past me with your gun, it would be a little thing wouldn't it? Don't you want to prove to the world that you're a hero, that you care?!" Sarah paused for effect. "Oh, how silly of me. Journalistic integrity. You can't get involved can you? You just report and never help. You are whats wrong with this world you know, this preconception of trust, this belief of only helping those you need to. It's ok though. I understand. We can still be friends, you want to be friends right?"

She stepped away from Miranda, musing for a second. "You know bff, I don't think you have a gun in there. I think you would of shown me. Cause friends show each other everything don't they? Stay with me a while here, I could show you some things, I promise they'll be new and exciting. They'll definitely get your blood pumping!"

Sarah moved over to the duffel bag and withdrew the sword that Eve once possessed. She raised an eyebrow as if to say 'what's this?' "We could have ever so much fun, we'll talk about boys and shopping and laugh when we remember this silly moment." She thumbed the blade against her finger and drew a little blood, her mouth open in mock surprise. "Oh don't be afraid of this little thing, it's awfully sharp." She licked her finger, smiling as she took a step towards Lily. "It won't be messy at all and we'll be best of friends!

Don't you want to be best of friends?!"

Pushing off with her back foot Sarah broke in to a sprint rushing at Lily, a smile plastered across her face.

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sarah didn't chase far, the jig was up, plus two characters dying in one scene was frankly a poorly used film technique when the scriptwriters had too many characters in the first place. Sarah's vision was high brow. She pursued for less than a minute before shrugging and returning to the small glade where Miranda lay, closed eyed.

Kneeling next to her Sarah smiled softly and stroked back a piece so stray hair that had fallen in front of Miranda's face. "There there. They always look so pretty when they're not spouting nonsense. I have to say Miranda, and no offense, but sometimes in school you were a little bratty and...ow"

A slight twinge in her back made her spasm uncontrollably and she felt around behind her for the source of the pain. Her hands grasped the metallic item and she yanked the scalpel out. The little bitch had thrown it at her. Sarah's eyes clouded in fury. "You dirty whore!" Sarah yelled. "You could of had an infection! I could of been hurt! You selfish... unthinking... cunt!" With all her might Sarah slapped Miranda's lifeless body. It simply lolled to one side and slumped. This brought her back to reality as she stared at the dead body. She took a moment to recover before talking once more. "Oh, how silly of me, I'm talking to a corpse. Perhaps I should make this a little clearer so people don't misunderstand what happened."

Sarah lifted the girls top up slightly, just enough so she had enough area to work with. Slowly and methodically she carved the words "Selfish Bitch" in to Miranda's stomach with the scalpel before standing and surveying her work. "Now everyone who sees will know who you really are." She could see it now, this reference to the greed of society manifest here would play a crucial part in her movie. Her thoughts drifted and Sarah perked up. "Oh I almost forgot, I need to collect my award, my Oscar nomination."

Grabbing the bags and quickly reorganising what she had she hefted the now weighty satchel on to her shoulder and set off in the direction of the Infirmary.

((Sarah Atwell continued in The Wrong Tool For the Job))
Edited by Fanatic, Oct 26 2010, 02:48 AM.

V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply