Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hearing is Believing; Private between Miranda Merchant, Sarah Atwell and Lily MacLaughlin
Topic Started: Oct 12 2010, 03:18 AM (1,982 Views)
Outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Lily Maclaughlin continued from No News is Good News))

Lily was all too grateful to take the proffered break by her traveling companions. Back home she wasn't in the best of shape, as her time she spent dancing did wonders for her flexibility but not a thing for her cardio. That and her shoes, simple slip-ons, definitely weren't made for a hike. When Miranda flopped down, Lily leaned her weight on the tree, happy to take some of it off her aching calves.

"Yeah...better." Lily said, though she wasn't sure she was happy for the cover. She was jumping at shadows by now, and all the trees that originally she had thought would be nice for cover now lead her to believe someone could be waiting behind every one. Lily started picking some of the leaves and assorted forest crap that had found its way into her hair, her eyes still wary and scanning the area around them.

Lily was pulling some bread and a bottle of water out of her pack when the announcements crackled on, the static making her jump a little more visibly than Sarah.

"And now, time for the morning newscast.." She muttered, feeling tears wanting to well up. She'd almost managed to put the reality of the situation out of her head when they were walking, but the crackling of static and that man's voice, that man that put them there, brought her plummeting back down.
Edited by Outfoxd, Nov 18 2010, 12:13 PM.
V5 Characters:

Leona Van Kamp
Current Thread: Arcadia

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The tears just behind Lily's eyes threatened to burst through harder with every name mentioned on the announcement, whether it be a killer (Reiko Ishida? But she was so small!) or killed. They were all people she had seen around the school, had probably asked questions of in passing for stories. And now they were dead. The callousness of that man Danya was another blow to the gut, just accentuating the pain.

Then Sarah's name came up, something about a film. By this time Lily was trying to tune it out, but her traveling companion's name brought her back.

"Our number nine kill was one for the highlight reel, and apparently Sarah Atwell thought so too, because she filmed it herself! Take a bow, Eve Walker-Luther, for your starring role in Sarah's creative masterpiece. Oh and... my condolences to you, Octavia. At least your mommy got on tv, right?"

Miranda had responded first, while Lily was still dumbstruck by the announcement "S...Sarah?"

No. No. Can't. Can't be.

Lily turned to Sarah, watched as she tried for a moment to salvage her facade before giving it up. The Sarah that had walked with her all night was gone, replaced by something else. This killer Sarah seemed almost natural, and Lily stayed frozen, paralyzed by the change in visage. The way Sarah was talking, the way she was gloating about how she had fooled Lily and Miranda, she seemed like a parody of a movie villain.

When Sarah had called Miranda a bit character she almost wanted to laugh at how ridiculous it was. The laugh, and Lily's paralysis, were both stopped when the wicked gleam of a scalpel found its way into Sarah's hand. Sarah was moving now, toward Miranda, looking ready to make that blade a part of the swimmer's body.

I'm here with Sarah Atwell, high school student and murderer. So why'd you choose a scalpel for this kill?

Lily reached her hand into the bag, taking a step back as if getting ready to get into a shooting stance. "Sarah. S...stop! I swear to fucking god I'll sh-shoot you!" She tried to shout, but fear turned what she had hoped was a commanding voice into a wavering almost-whisper.

I see you filmed your last murder, you plan to make these videos available for download?

Sarah didn't stop. She kept advancing. Lily tried again. "Fucking stop!" She rattled the bag around, trying to make it seem like she was about to do something threatening. She doubted that it worked.

Have you always been a killer, or have you recently found you have a knack for ending human life?

"STOP!" Lily shouted, this time with some semblance of power. It was too late, anyway. Sarah's scalpel found Miranda's neck. Lily felt a small patter of something warm on her cheek. It might've been the tears she was holding back. It was probably something else.

Well, we hope to see a lot more of you in the future, and thanks for sitting down with me today.

"NO!"
Edited by Outfoxd, Oct 14 2010, 12:26 PM.
V5 Characters:

Leona Van Kamp

Outfoxd
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Miranda was bleeding. Sarah was coming toward Lily. Lily, who had done nothing to save her dying classmate, hadn't gotten involved. Just like a good journalist should. Sarah's words on the subject only served to reinforce what Lily was realizing.

Lily recoiled a little when the other girl pulled out a sword, a wicked blade that looked like it was ready to split Lily's organs, to put her to death next to Miranda.

What an amazing story this is...My own eyewitness account to a murder? I could win awards.

Sarah was talking, but Lily couldn't hear her. The warmth on her cheek was all encompassing, seemed to block out her other senses. As Sarah advanced slowly, Lily raised her hand up to the warmth, rubbed it. Her hand came back with splotches of red on it.

It took Sarah lunging to get Lily in action, bringing back the fear that she'd been experiencing moments before. She was no runner, but adrenaline lent her feet wings. She turned, sprinting away. She had to get away.

Sorry Ms. Atwell, I can't get involved. Objectivity, you know. I'm just reporting. Not involved. I'm not part of this. No way. I'll get you a feature in tomorrow's issue, front section full spread. Look for it.

The tears that had been threatening to break free were running now, as Lily was.

((Lily Maclaughlin continued in Jesus Loves the Little Children))
V5 Characters:

Leona Van Kamp

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply