Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Carpe Noctum; Day 3
Topic Started: Oct 12 2010, 01:37 AM (4,919 Views)
Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
On the left is a mod, on the right is a pre-made psycho...get the picture?
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Nathan Choultard continued from The Only Way Is Up))

"I fucking hate this place."

There was yet another reason as to why Nathan was not meant to be the leader of anything. He had no sense of direction and was instantly regretting the decision to make camp deep in these tunnels to avoid anyone willing to play the game and take them all out. For a whole day he plus his fellow friends and the newly acquired Leila Langford had wandered in these caves.

The caves were wonderful in providing shelter, but that was all they were good for. Nathan was now cold and his feet were damp from stepping in a puddle of water. There was an announcement earlier in the day, similar to the one that happened the day before it. Forty people had died...forty of his classmates. If the cold and wet weren't enough to do it, that brutal fact made him feel worse.

Jason had been doing his best to keep the others calm, particularly Leila and Brook. Brook had struggled with nerves in the first day, but seemed to be improving as time went on, much to his relief. Leila was rather new to their group dynamic and as such Nathan wasn't sure how she was handling it. He hoped that she would be fine, but he wasn't expecting much. Maf; however, was always a mystery in trying to read, Nathan believed that the man would make a great poker player, if they weren't stuck here.

The only positive that could be found now was the fact that over the two days, Nathan's eyes became more accustomed to the dark now. He was able to better navigate through the crags and the stalagmites that occasionally popped out in the tunnels. He could see his friends and was happy that they were still here at least. They hadn't abandoned him yet.

He found himself stopping and turning to his friends, frowning.

"Look guys, I think we should stop here for a bit," he said, sitting down on a nearby rock, "We've been walking for hours and...well, I'm getting tired..."

He wanted to apologize for getting them lost, but he didn't want to deal with their disapproval, he was fully expecting it. But he had enough of that at home and he didn't want to have to deal with that now.
v5 characters
B054:Oscar Trig-Smoker, Artist, Film Buff

Please, message me if you have ideas, I sure don't!

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nathan was almost able to eek out a smile; happy to hear that at least Jason was able to keep his calm and cheerful demeanor. He could be in the middle of the ocean on a life raft and it would all be smiles and jokes from here. He wished he could have something like that. Unfortunately, Nathan had Mr. and Mrs. Choultard to thank for his wonderful disposition.

He paused when Jason brought up the question of something rotting. He sniffed the air a couple times and nearly gagged. There was definitely something foul in the air and it brought two feelings into his head. At first there was a sheer disgust and desire to get away from this terrible smell and whatever the source of it was. A growing sense of curiosity began to float to the top of brain. A disturbing urge to see what the cause of this bizarre smell was. Was this what people felt when they saw or heard a car crash?

Nathan was relieved to not find the answer at that time. The sound of Maf' actually speaking was something that made people turn heads. There was a sudden purpose to his voice and he was ready to listen. It could have been due to the fact that he wasn't really wanting to lead anymore, because his attempt hadn't brought much success...

The cries of Leila brought Nathan up to attention. It didn't exactly take a genius to figure out what had happened to her. He quickly dug into his bag and grabbed the first aid kit in his bag. She began to hobble over towards the four of them and he stood up. He found himself rolling his eyes at the sudden freak out from Brook. Nathan was just as scared as he was, but it was a bloody foot, not a dead body or a gunshot wound.

"You okay Leila?" he said before wincing at his own stupidity. Her foot was bleeding, there was going to be pain.

He unzipped the first aid kit, mumbling to himself as he did so. If Leila was bleeding like this, she'd be slowing them down, not that they were going anywhere anyways. It was better to treat the wound now; however, so Nathan declared that he may as well be the one to do it.

"Ah, here we are!" he exclaimed, digging out the roll of gauze from his first aid kit, "Okay so um...I'm going to need you to put that foot over uh..."

He glanced around for a moment before spotting a large rock.

"Over here, we'll uh...we'll see what we can do..."
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nathan said little when he was wrapping up Leila's foot. Occasionally murmering about when it would hurt. He could hear Jason trying his hardest to calm Brook down and Maf was being quiet as usual, though he hoped that he would come up with a plan as soon as possible.

Once he had finished treating the wound he stood up and put his hands togeather. His fingers were sticky with the mix of blood and solution. He heaved a heavy sigh and tried to wipe it onto the walls with minimal success.

Nathan was pleased with the job that he had done. He wasn't exactly the best when it came to playing the role of medic, but it would have to do for now. He had hoped for Leila to be a little more greatful but unfortunately she was being less than supportive. Not that he hadn't experienced that before at home.

Oh well...

Jason had chided Leila for not asking for footwear, which was in all honesty, quite reasonable. It wasn't smart to walk around when you have no protection. Still, he didn't need to be so rude about it all. Leila was probably just as afraid as poor Brook was at least. There was just a different way of dealing with it.

She started to say something but was silence by the flip-flops. Something Nathan was quite glad about, the last they needed was an argument here of all places.

"Calm down guys, just put the flip-flops on and lets get out of here. Maf you lead the wa-"

Nathan was interupted by the sound of someone else in the tunnels. He let out a low gasp unsure of what he was supposed to do. The guy didn't sound threatening, so maybe it would be fine. He lifted his head and stared out towards where it came from. There was a guy standing there, with his hands outstreached in defense. He gave a sigh of relief and stood up straight.

He was about to speak when Jason had took control. Jason turned to face him and nearly leaped backwards. The dude had pulled out a pistol and was pointing it straight at the newcomer. Maf had done so as well! What on earth were these two doing? There was no need to bring out the gun! They were going to end up killing someone at this rate!

Then Leila had to spice up everything once again. She was right of course, this new guy wasn't likely going to kill anyone, he had nothing threatening on him now, and it was plenty difficult to hide something bigger than a pistol, which would be better kept outside if he meant anything with it. That said, she didn't have to insult the guy, that was like asking for them to be shot if he did have something...

Maybe bringing her along was a mistake after all...

He tried to clear his throat in an attempt to stop the situation from getting out of hand.

"C'mon dude, lower the damn gun," he murmered to Jason and Maf, "Leila's right this dude's harmless..."

He flashed a smile, trying to reasure this mystery man that his buddies wouldn't riddle him with holes. A fact that he himself wasn't aware of right now and it frightened the hell out of him.

"Hey uh...dude...the name's Nathan..."

There was a long pause as he wasn't sure what to say next. Some negotiator he was...

"Um...we're not going to hurt you..."
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nathan nodded and then proceeded to watch as the man infront of him paniced and ran directly into the tunnel wall. A part of him felt the need to run over and make sure that he was alright. The other part of him wanted to just shake his head. This guy was officially harmless, he wasn't going to do anything now and it would be best to just let him go on his way.

He was going to speak when he heard a loud shreek from Brook. The young athlete turned around and saw Brook careening into a wall and Leila now holding Brook's gun. She gave the four of them the smugest look possible. The look sent Nathan's heart down to his stomach and a deep hurt was now taking its place.

Nathan didn't feel anger when she tried to goad them into reaction. Instead, he felt like the dumbest person alive right now. He was the idiot that decided whether she would be able to join their group. She was clearly not in the clearest frame of mind when he had let her follow them, and now; here she was, standing with a gun and pointing.

He had waited for the trigger...

But nothing came. Leila just gave one last wicked smile after saying her piece and then she ran away from the four of them. Leaving them a group of four once more.

Nathan was sure he heard words. There was Jason's at first and then it seemed like it was Brook's voice trailing after it. He couldn't process it right now, but then again, it didn't matter right now anyways. They were just words. There were more important things on his mind.

Like being a screwup...again...

Nathan tensed himself when he felt the hand touch his shoulder. He found himself wrenching away from it, worried that Leila wanted to thank him for his idiocy. Instead he found the oddly solemn face of Jason looking to him. It was bizzare to see him looking at him the way he was now, gone was the gleeful smile, the mirth filled eyes. Instead he only see little dots, all the meaning in the word conveyed if he had chosen not to speak. It was time to take charge and everything was back the way it should be. Jason leading the way. Jason with the plan.

He listened to his plan. The plan to split the four of them up. Instinct told him that he should speak up about this being a bad idea, but then again instinct was providing him with a 0-1 record right now so he kept his mouth shut.

"Alright...I'll do it...I'll see you at the town on day 5 bro..."

There was no response from Jason. He just sidefived Maf, picked up Brook and wandered away. Nathan sighed, he knew it. Jason was pissed and he was to blame. He couldn't argue against the evidence though. They were now down a gun, and it was all thanks to him.

"You take care of yourself bro..." he thought aloud, knowing he wasn't likely able to hear him.

The blonde slowly shuffled over to where his backpack and satchel(with his unloaded Firestar still inside) were sitting. He looped the straps onto his body and moved over to Maf. His feet still hurt, and he still felt sick in his stomach, but they had to move on now.

"Well Maf...lets get going I guess..."

His head turned when he heard the echoing voice. It was a new voice, that much he knew, but Nathan couldn't discern what was said. It didn't sound friendly to him, but he wasn't sure...there was no time to find out though.

"Maf! We should get out of here now! Follow me!"

Nathan gave him a curt nod and began to rush away from where the mystery boy had stood. They had to find light. They had to get out.

((Nathan Choultard continued elsewhere))
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Add Reply