Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Day of the Dove; Day 3 : Sunset. Open
Topic Started: Oct 10 2010, 08:45 PM (4,157 Views)
Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
((Tyler Franklin continued from Cold, Wet, and TiredCold, Wet, and Tired))

Tyler was getting exhausted. Between trudging from one end of the island to the other, he was burning calories like he never had before, and the few loaves of bread he had were, well, not enough to keep going forever. And even if he won, how long did these shows usually last? Ten days?

I feel like I'm going to starve before this ends. Where's a good pizza when you want one?

Those thoughts get shoved aside when Tyler sees, well, kids. More or less having a good time...

...which of course means people that presumably won't try to kill him. This is good. This is very good. It’s also a decent-sized group...probably not a bad place to spend the evening, perhaps swap for some “real” food (or more likely some junk food).

Slowly emerging from cover, Tyler steps out by the group and offers a smile. “Mind if I join the party, too?”
Characters:
David Anderson (deceased)
Tyler Franklin (deceased)
Bill Davis (not dead yet...but soon!)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
After basically being told to shove off, Tyler heard some rustling in the bushes. He wasn't quite sure, but...he thought he did, at least.

"You guys hear that?"

Ah, hell. Well, so much for that...so, who's in the woods?

Looking over at the bushes, he couldn't see anybody there...but it wasn't like he could see through leaves, either. Reaching into his bag for the tire iron he was issued (and which had thankfully not been bloodied yet), he carefully stepped towards the direction of the noise, a frown on his face.

"I don't know who you are, so come on out nice and slow, ok?"

Do I hope it was my imagination and I look like an idiot? Or that it's real and there's someone in there?

"I don't want to hurt you, but since I don't know who you are..."

Slowly, slowly, he steps towards where he thought he heard the noise come from.
Characters:

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Tyler looked at the bushes, and then looked back at the group. "I heard someone in there. I think." Beat. "I'm not tryin' to hurt you, but I want to know..." And then the barrage of abuse comes from all sides. Tyler's temper slowly simmers.

These guys are idiots. Assuming I didn't have a gun...which I don't...I'd hide in the bushes to ambush someone else.

Partly lowering the tire iron, Tyler barked at the bushes. "Come out, hands up. Don't try any funny business." No, he didn't sound like some cop on Law and Order or Dragnet or anything like that, did he? Not at all! He did, however, back up a few feet to give the girl some room to emerge out of range of him...

Probably not the best move, but I don't care to get a mob at my back, either.

"Nothing personal...there are enough ambushes to go around without me letting another one happen, you know?" And with that, Tyler forces a smile for a second. "I just don't want to die, y'know?"

Turning to the others, Tyler looks at them with a deep glare. "Ok, she's harmless, I assume. But...do you guys not get that half of the people on the island are out to kill you?" He asks this with a tone implying that they were born yesterday, while pivoting to make sure he has an escape route. "I've already had a gun pulled on me..." You idiots.

Yes, viewers, Tyler Franklin is looking for a way out of this situation, but he's also not about to turn and run.
Edited by Anderson, Nov 11 2010, 01:43 PM.
Characters:

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
"That said... if it takes you this fucking long to realize that this poor girl over here's not a threat? If it takes you shouting at her and brandishing your tire iron and interrogating her while she's fucking crying, while she's fucking terrified of you? Then I don't know what I can do for you. I don't know what anyone can. If you're gonna be that goddamn paranoid, you might as well just lock yourself in a shack and avoid human contact for the rest of your days. Spare everyone the trouble of cleaning up after you when you get this overzealous."

"It's not my fault that half of the time when I run into people, someone is trying to kill someone!" So I'm paranoid? Isn't that half of the point of this friggin' exercise?

Tyler stood there for a few more moments, taking the bits of abuse that were thrown at him. And then... "Harumph!"

Shit. Did I just say that? Really?

Backing away from the group, he let out a deep sigh. "Look, maybe I'll see you again somewhere we're not supposed to kill eachother and we can try this again..." Not that he'd know either way, but... "Good luck." There was a glare in his eyes, somewhere between angry and irritated, as Tyler turned to leave. "Some of you will need a lot of it."

((OOC: Tyler Franklin continued elsewhere))
Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Greens · Next Topic »
Add Reply