Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fountain of Youth; Day 3 - 6am start (wait 'til Craig Hoyle enters to post)
Topic Started: Oct 10 2010, 05:45 PM (4,578 Views)
Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
{{continued from The Manslut, the Cocktease and the Lover}}

Duncan walked along in grim silence, his daypack in one hand, slung over his shoulder, and in the other the sharpened stick, lost in thought as he went. Maria just couldn't be a killer. It had to be some kind of accident. That's what he kept telling himself, anyway. But still, the image of Maria standing over a burning corpse with a maniacal grin on her face persisted.

He remembered watching a few clips from the show a long while ago, and though it revolted him, he still found himself drawn to it, morbid curiosity driving him to learn more. Though it was a phase he eventually got over, he still came out of it with the knowledge of what this game did to people, and though he was loath to admit it, the idea that Maria had become a player was a possibility at this point. But that didn't mean he had to accept it, goddammit. If only he could find her, get the story out of her.

And then a tree branch hit him in the face.

"Aah!" Duncan was taken by surprise, stumbling backwards. Damn, he really wasn't paying attention to where he was going, was he? Moving back forwards again, this time stepping around the offending branch, he soon came to a halt again as he found himself staring out at a building, with a couple people standing nearby, and...

"It's you..." That really was the girl from the tunnel, who ran out on him and the others. He started to step forward again, but stopped as he remembered that she seemed to be easily spooked. "Uh...hey, it's okay. I'm still not here to hurt you or anything." He stopped as he realized something. "I mean, I'm not following you or anything. I was just heading in the same direction."

Great, now he looked like a stalker.
Edited by Super Llama, Oct 26 2010, 05:43 PM.
Posted Image
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is MORPHIN' TIME!

V5 hopefuls:
Hiro Fukuyama: "N-n-no, I-I'm not scared."
Lucy Rosenberg: "If you're looking for friends, I don't think I can help you with that."
Angus McDonald: "To hell with you! If anyone here deserves to live, it's me!"

The Dead

banthesun

She wanted those horrible metal balls to stop banging against her legs

ZombiexCreame

But would Celeste even want help from a guy that whips out his pistol without a second thought?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looking back up, Duncan took a better look at the people he was surrounded by, one of them looking like absolute hell and the other...looking rather huge and intimidating.

Jesus hell, you walk right in, focus on the girl and miss THAT? Duncan was definitely doing a good job not looking like a stalker. Fortunately, nobody looked like they wanted to throw down, so it seemed like for the moment, him and the girl were safe.

And then, right on cue, the powers that be did what they could to insure that definitely wasn't the case, as another big guy, who may or may not have killed somebody as it seemed, showed up, and after a few words that were probably better left unsaid he pulled out a gun and started waving it around. And then the guy who looked like hell went all Leeroy Jenkins and got himself knocked out. And then the big guy told everyone to run while HE decided to try for the exact same thing. Pretty much the only way this could get any better was if the third guy spontaneously combusted or something.

Duncan sure as hell didn't need to be told to run at this point, but as he made to get out with the quickness, he looked back at the guy on the ground, then back up at the big guy, tackling the other big guy with the gun, then back to the guy on the ground.

Son of a bitch.

Duncan got much closer to the brawl than he would care to and reached down, giving a grunt of exertion as he attempted to pull the guy up. This proved to be quite the effort, though, as being a skinny, geeky-ish guy who never worked out a moment in his life, he wasn't really in the right shape to be lifting up unconscious bodies that weighed as much as he did. Then he looked back at the girl, who seemed to be having another freakout, and the other guy.

"Uh...yeah, running really seems like a good idea right now, but could one of you give me a hand here?"
Posted Image
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is MORPHIN' TIME!

V5 hopefuls:
Lucy Rosenberg: "If you're looking for friends, I don't think I can help you with that."

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

But would Celeste even want help from a guy that whips out his pistol without a second thought?

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
As David helped him to lift up Trent, Duncan ran off with as much speed as him and David combined could muster. He didn't check to see if the scared girl was following them, but he was sure she was least getting the hell out of th-

BANG!

A shiver ran up Duncan's spine as he heard the gunshot, and he almost checked himself for gunshot wounds, only to realize that he hadn't felt anything. Looking over at Trent and David, it didn't seem that either of them were shot either. David was looking back at something, though, and Duncan had a pretty good idea what it was.

Don't look don't look don't look don't look

Too late. Duncan looked back long enough to catch a glimpse of the big guy lying on the ground, and then tore his eyes away from the sight. He didn't need to look any longer. He knew what happened.

Run.

He begin to run, as fast as he could. He didn't check to see if the scared girl was following. He didn't even check to see if David was helping him carry Trent.

He just ran.

Goddammit...son of a bitch...

{{continued elsewhere}}
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Town Center · Next Topic »
Add Reply