Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fountain of Youth; Day 3 - 6am start (wait 'til Craig Hoyle enters to post)
Topic Started: Oct 10 2010, 05:45 PM (4,579 Views)
Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Owen Rothschild continued from Feeling Kind of Anxious))

Owen found himself wandering for a long time. He'd gotten tired on his way to town and climbed up a tree to sleep. Time was already starting to lose meaning for him. He reached the town center and smiled. He'd arrived. He could explore the businesses later. First he'd see what he could loot out of the houses.

Something caught his eye before he could start touring the houses. Something huge. Not the fountain. Near it though.

"Craig..." Owen said in a rasp that he hadn't known before. He suddenly realized that he was very thirsty. He still had some water of his own, as well as whatever was in the bag he'd picked up. He hadn't actually looked in it yet. Once he got inside maybe. He opened his own bag and pulled out a bottle. He wrapped his tiny hands around it and drank deeply. When he was satisfied, he returned it and slowly made his way across the center, his eyes on the giant of a boy, not seeing anybody else.

"Craig?"

Then something got the better of him. He needed to get out of the town square. It was too open. Owen turned and quickly set off for the town proper, hoping to scavenge, or at least get a chance to look through the bag he'd picked up.

((Owen Rothschild continued in Where Do You Go From Here?))
Takeshi Yoshikawa
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Owen Rothschild returning from Where Do You Go From Here?))

Owen could see the fountain, and immediately knew something was wrong. Everything had turned into chaos in the short time he'd been away. Craig was attacking another boy, and screaming for people to run. He didn't know what was going on. He gripped his bokken more tightly and watched the scene in horror.

Owen wasn't exactly brave, or noble. He was more practical than anything. The law of self-preservation dictated that he needed to get out of there, but this was Craig. They'd been best friends forever, and he'd left without a word to look for supplies for himself. Owen couldn't have forgiven himself if he didn't go back. He even tossed aside the bag he'd picked up without looking inside, just to get back faster. And he was too late. What could he do with a wooden sword against a big guy like that? Some people might think that Craig could handle himself, but Owen knew better. He was a big teddy bear, and not a very strong one at that. Maybe the two of them together though?

"Craig!"
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Owen stared in shock. His best friend had just died. He'd just watched Craig die. Suddenly, he didn't care about getting off the island anymore. He couldn't live with leaving his friend behind. He couldn't deal with it anymore.

To be sure, he was stepping out of character. Owen was the rational one. The practical one. The one that didn't act rashly or emotionally.

But this is Craig dammit!

Owen dropped his bags and gripped his bokken. He ran toward Craig, and toward the boy who had killed him.

"Craig! No!" Owen choked back tears of pain and anger. Anger at himself. Anger at Nik. Anger at the people who brought them here. He pointed at Nik and started to shout.

"You killed him! He was my best friend and now he's gone!"

He dropped his bokken and fell to the ground, sobbing. He didn't have the strength to take it out on Nik anymore. He just wanted this nightmare to be over.

"I loved you...I loved you so much Craig...I'm sorry it took me so long to come back...I'm sorry you never got to hear that before you..."

He couldn't finish what he was saying. All he wanted now was to be with Craig again. If he had to die...

I...I can do that...

Owen swallowed hard and picked up his bokken. "Bastards. You're all a bunch of bastard!"

He was shouting at nobody in particular. Maybe it was Nik and the girl. Maybe it was Danya and his crew. Maybe it was everybody who was sitting and watching. It didn't matter anymore anyway. He gripped his weapon tightly, and ran toward certain death, swinging wildly, as though he were a Berserker.

A very small Berserker.
((I'm hoping to get him killed here as well. In case anybody was curious.))
Edited by Zabriel, Nov 17 2010, 04:42 PM.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Owen pushed down with all his might, knowing that he wouldn't kill the boy. He just wanted to stay on long enough to convince Fiona that he might. Knowing his time was growing short, he started to whisper just loud enough for Nik to hear him, and nobody else.

"Don't feel bad when your friend saves you. This is the way I wanted it..."

He heard the girl shouting and begging for him to stop, but he couldn't stop now. If he stopped he'd go on living. He didn't want that. He wanted it to stop. Now that Craig was gone, he didn't want to stay on the island. He wanted it to end.

"When I'm gone...lay me next to Craig."

He heard Fiona apologize. She probably meant it on some level. He heard the air being displaced, and knew that if he rolled out of the way at that moment, he could make her kill Nik by accident. In another game, he might do it. He would live, he would continue his story. But Owen was just tired of playing. He wanted to sleep now.

"I forgive you," he murmured and closed his eyes, not sure if she could hear him or not. Not that it mattered. He felt a searing as the blade of the axe cleaved his skull. It burned for a moment, and then it was over. His tiny hands released the bokken, and he fell forward onto Nik as his world faded to black.

B116 Owen Rothschild: Game Over
Edited by Zabriel, Nov 23 2010, 05:42 PM.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Town Center · Next Topic »
Add Reply