Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fountain of Youth; Day 3 - 6am start (wait 'til Craig Hoyle enters to post)
Topic Started: Oct 10 2010, 05:45 PM (4,705 Views)
Ares
Member Avatar
V3 World Heavyweight Champion
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Nik Kronwall continued from Really Long Thread Title With Big Words))

It was becoming a recurring theme of Niklas Kronwall's journey on the island. Long silent walks from place to place, with nothing but footsteps and the sounds of nature occupying Nik's mind. Well, those sounds, plus the swimming thoughts about Staffan, Nick, the town, the game, Fiona, Evelyn...heck even Autumn passed through his head once or twice.

The long walk ended once Nik realized they were in the Town Center area again. He could see a group of guys in the distance, looked like 2 or 3 from where he was. One of them was obviously Craig Hoyle. No one else from Bayview was close to that size. Craig moved slightly to reveal that there were a few other bodies in the area.

Nik motioned to Fiona to stop her moving.

"Hey...stay here for now. I don't want you getting hurt if anything happens. Seriously, if anything bad starts to happen I want you to run."

The tone in Nik's voice was one he'd never really heard from himself. It was a very somber tone mixed in with a very caring sound. The last thing he wanted to do was really scare Fiona, but this was a decent sized group they'd found and Nik was not about to risk the life of his friend on approach.

Nik slowly moved forward towards the group. He removed the Colt from his bag and slid between his belt and pants along his waist, covering it as best he could with his shirt. The group hadn't noticed him yet. Figuring it was better to announce his presence while he was still close to some cover, Nik let out a yell to the group.

"Um..Hello! It's Nik Kronwall...I'm just trying to pass through to the houses over there. Looking for a place a rest."
Is in...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Uh.... hey, look, but... could you leave?"

"Excuse me?" Nik replied. The fat guy Craig had stepped apart from the group and decided to confront Nik and dismiss his arrival. The tone of Craig's voice sounded almost fearful.

Nik opened his mouth to speak again, but Craig beat him to the word,

"I don't care if it was you or your brother, I can't even remember... but one of you... one of you kinda killed somebody, and I can't even wrap my head around that statement right now. So, um... go away?"

Nik's eyes widened at the statement and question. He could not believe that he was here, trying to explain that he was just passing through, trying to protect someone himself, and this big guy in front of him was literally and figuratively blocking his path.

"You think I killed someone? You think me or my brother killed someone. Well you're right," Nik paused as he tried to slow down the angry thumping in his head. He struggled to find the next words in English, "You...giving me no chance to explain why I'm here. No chance to just walk by. You just assume that because you heard my last name that it was a bad killing? How do you know that Staffan wasn't defending himself?"

Nik Kronwall you hypocrit...

"Maybe Staffan was right about you Americans all along. Maybe I should take a more American approach to things yes?"

Nik fished the Colt 45 out of his bag and began to wave it around sarcastically at Craig.

"Maybe the answer is to just shoot first and ask questions later? Use my fat American ass to make assumptions about people!"

Was Nik about to shoot Craig Hoyle? No. The rush of blood to his head had turned his face red. Nik was sick of this stupid situation. He was sick of being reminded that Staffan killed someone. He just wanted to get Fiona and himself to one of the houses where they could rest, and if it took scaring the shit out of Craig Hoyle and his friends, Nik was ready to do just that.

Nik looked up into the eyes of the giant in front of him.

"Let me pass Craig. I have enough shit to deal with as it is."
Is in...

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Why wouldn't they just move? Why couldn't these people see that he was not the killer here? Nik had hoped that pulling out his gun and looking threatening would scare them off but no! They just kept standing there, staring at him like he was a monster of some kind...and then one of these fountaineers grew a set of balls.

It took everything Nik had to restrain himself from just pulling the trigger out of instinct. Instead he was able to dodge to charge and deliver a swift blow to the head of the person he now recognized as Trent...Trent...oh screw his last name, he just tried to turn Nik's head into a baseball.

Nik glanced down at the boy who was now nothing but a crumpled heap of knocked the fuck out. Nik was about to declare once again that he didn't want to fight them, he just wanted to get to one of the damn houses, but the next thing that filled his field of vision (every last bit of that field) was the massive Craig Hoyle coming straight at him.

Nik braced himself for the impact and was able to absorb most of it, but Nik had never been hit by someone that large, and there is only so much force one Swedish hockey player can stop. Nik was rocked backwards by the hit, enough that Craig now had him in a bear hug of sorts. Nik quickly tried to flail his way out of it, but this big bastard was strong. Craig began to thrash Nik a little bit as both boys fought for some semblance of footing. Craig yelled something to his group of friends, but Nik couldn't make out what it was thanks to his head being buried in the sweat-mop Craig called a shirt. Craig flailed Nik again, causing him to lose the grip on his gun.

Fuck...

Nik's brain tried to fire him into panic mode, but once again Nik was able to fight off the urge. He needed to get out of this hold before someone else did something really really stupid. As if by sheer stroke of luck, Craig turned Nik's body just enough for Nik to be able to plant his left and deliver a solid knee to Craig's inner thigh muscle. The footballer released his grip on Nik and staggered backwards. Nik fell backwards on his ass as he tried to catch his breath. He needed to get his gun back. The gun was his main negotiator now.

Nik spotted the Colt a couple feet away, unfortunately closer to Craig than himself. It was still his only hope. Nik got back to his feet and dashed towards the pistol in the dirt.
Is in...

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nik had managed to beat Craig to the gun. In the split-second between grabbing the gun and what was about to happen, Nik mentally thanked his plyometrics coach. As Nik's thoughts turned back to the situation at hand, he looked up to see that once again his field of vision was entirely filled by the enormous frame of Craig. This time though Nik had no time to brace himself. Craig fell right on top of Nik. Nik was knocked flat on his back. Then out of nowhere, Nik felt his right hand shake furiously and an incredible roar filled the air and space around them.

The force of Craig landing on Nik had driven Nik's elbow into the ground, causing him to involuntarily squeeze the trigger of the gun.

After shaking off the disorienting buzz ringing through his head, Nik felt something warm on his stomach. With a low grunt Nik pushed Craig's body off of his own. Nik recoiled in shock at the sight. That warm feeling on his stomach was Craig Hoyle's blood. Craig had a gunshot wound to his lower torso and the blood was flowing like a raging river.

"Shit..shit no," Nik scrambled over to Craig, trying to talk to the boy, "I-I didn't mean it Craig! I didn't mean it...I just wanted to pass through."

Nik's voice was shaky as he ripped Craig's shirt open around the wound, covering his hands with Craig's blood. He needed the first aid kit, he needed something, anything.

"Somebody get me a fucking first aid kit!" Nik bellowed out, tears forming in his eyes.

"FIONA! BRING MY BAG! DO IT NOW!!" Nik screamed out in the direction of the area he'd left Fiona to hide.

Nik you idiot, you have a bag...

The little voice in his head broke through the panic, in turn causing Nik to scramble quickly to his bag and pull out the first aid kit. Nik could hear Craig coughing a few feet away.

"Craig! Stay awake!" Nik roared as he finally pulled the kit of his bag.

Nik slid back over to Craig's side medical kit at the ready, except...now what? Nik had no idea what to do now. Any injury he'd ever had was attended to by a trainer or doctor. Nik was not one or the other.

"One of you help me dammit." Nik yelled at the retreating fountain group.

"Craig, Craig, come on man, can you hear me? Come on man, I didn't mean it. I'm sorry man, I didn't mean it..."
Is in...

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Any GMing here was approved))

"You killed him! He was my best friend and now he's gone!"

Nik didn't even have time to think. There was Craig Hoyle, alleviating Nik of any and all wrong doing, only to be interrupted by the angry shouts of those around him. Nik back away from Craig as Owen came running over to the boy. Nik looked down at the hands that had brought about the pain and suffering the boy was feeling. He still held the Colt 45 tightly in his right hand, Craig Hoyle's blood smeared across the black rubber grip on the handle.

Fiona approached the scene, responding to Nik's previous call for help. By the time she arrived there was nothing left for her to do. However, instead of remaining quiet, Fiona used this opportune time to choose the wrongest of wrong tones to use in announcing that if anyone else was feeling particularly ballsy, they would end up hurt.

Stupid, stupid girl.

Sure enough, despite the warnings of the festivally plump girl with the axe, and the Swedish hockey player with a gun, Owen rose from Craig's side.

"Bastards. You're all a bunch of bastards!"

Owne charged towards Nik and Fiona wielding the wooden sword, swinging wildly for the fences.

"Get behind me!" Nik shouted as he pushed Fiona backwards.

Nik turned to face Owen, every ounce of his body wanting to just point the gun and hope it stopped the attacker, but this was different. The look in Owen's eyes was fierce and unrelenting. Nik tossed his gun backwards towards Fiona and stepped forward to meet Owen's charge. The bokken whooshed through the air as Nik attempted to catch it before it struck. All Nik managed to do was deflect the blow so that it struck his shoulder. Nik grunted in pain as Owen reared back for a baseball style swing. This time though, Nik was able to grasp an end of the bokken. The two boys began a struggle for control of the weapon, both of them pulling and yanking as hard as they could. It seemed as though Nik's strength was prevailing. He could sense the smaller boy losing his grasp on the weapon, but as Nik pulled backwards, the ground claimed him once more as he felt himself trip. Nik fell square on his already throbbing left shoulder, and what felt like not even a second later, Owen had pounced, following Nik to the ground, driving the bokken long ways across Nik's throat.

Nik thrashed, trying to disengage himself from the position, but Owen had a solid mount and was using every ounce his weight to push the bokken down. Nik was resisting as best he could but the wooden sword was inching closer to his skin. Nik looked around wild-eyed for any means of escape. He never thought he'd be thinking it, but Nik Kronwall was regretting his decision to not make use of his gun. Sweat began to drip down Nik's face as he struggled against the weight of the boy.
Is in...

Ares
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The bokken was grazing the hairs on Nik's neck when Nik heard Owen whisper something to him.

"Don't feel bad when your friend saves you. This is the way I wanted it..."

Nik's brow furrowed into a look of confusion as he continued to struggle against Owen. What the hell did that even mean? This is the way he wanted it? He was trying to kill Nik for killing Craig, of course this is how he wanted it. Nik was on his back about to be choked, what more could Owen ask for?

Then came the whispers again,

"When I'm gone...lay me next to Craig."

It took only a split to realize what Owen was doing. He was trying to die. He was baiting Fiona. Nik heard Fiona's voice, but it was too late to stop her from whatever she was about to do. Nik tried to yell out to her, but the struggle against Owen had left him breathless.

The next sound was sickening. Owen fell forward onto Nik. Blood streamed down the sides of Owen's head, running onto Nik's face. Nik was frozen with the shock of the moment. He'd honestly thought Fiona was going to shoot Owen, but this, this was something else. Nik could see the handle of the axe, leading to the blade firmly planted into Owen's skull. The blood continued to flow onto Nik.

After a few moments, he pushed Owen's body off of himself and sat straight up. The blood on his face ran down his neck and onto his shirt, the redness of the blood making an immediate spread pattern on the white shirt. Nik then brought his hands to his face to wipe the blood from his eyes, followed by using the bottom half of his shirt to wipe the blood off his face.

Nik got to his feet and turned to Fiona,

"Thanks. You saved my life Fiona." Nik said, not wanting to tell her that Owen intended this.

Nik looked around and noticed another boy running away from the scene.

"We're going to have to be careful now. That asshole Danya will probably tell everyone I killed Craig maliciously, and that you killed Owen, without mentioning that you were trying to save me."

Nik paused and stared at the ground in front of him. He could feel his anger building but this was not the time to unleash his frustration. He needed to press on. He needed to get his stuff, get Fiona's stuff and just move away from this area. It was like a residential area curse on Nik Kronwall. He'd encountered his first dead body mere feet away from where he now stood, and now there were two more at his feet, both of which he knew he felt guilty for.

Nik walked over to where Craig's body laid. He bent over and closed Craig's eyelids.

"I'm sorry." He whispered before rising and walking back to where Owen's body was.

Nik used his foot to roll Owen's corpse onto it's stomach before placing that same foot on the side of Owen's face. Nik understood how disrespectful it seemed but he had to retrieve the axe. The first tug didn't do it, but the second tug did, accompanied by a fresh stream of blood gushing out of the wound. Nik threw the axe down at Fiona's feet before grabbing Owen's legs and dragging him next to Craig. Nik flipped Owen back over and closed Owen's eyes as well.

"I'm sorry Owen. I just hope Fiona didn't hear what you said. It'd be better for her this way. I think I understand why you did what you did." Nik whispered to the bloodied corpse.

Nik got up and went back over to Fiona.

"Are you okay? Ready to get the hell out of here?"
Is in...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Town Center · Next Topic »
Add Reply