Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TEW
Topic Started: Oct 9 2010, 08:27 AM (2,122 Views)
laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WHOOPS meant TTPW. my bad on the typo.

Also...
Kristey Burrowell - Upper Midcarder
23 y.o. Welterweight

Sex Appeal / Hardcore

Sadism and a track record in the more obscure hardcore leagues separates this blonde bombshell diva from the other blonde bombshell divas. The kayfabe nemesis of The New Academy, her clash against Renee Valentine for who controls their timid little grunt has the potential to complement the AHF's hardcore foundation. The challenge is that her penchant for mayhem needs an actual sense of direction, after all, even wanton violence has to serve a purpose.

And if you're doing Minis...

Harris Van Allen
26 y.o. Mid-Heavyweight
Menace / Heel

A rather nasty comment about a competitor and a contract fault led to the early abrupt end of Van Allen's promising career in [equivalent of The Program SOTF here.] After a few months as a bouncer for a local club, Harris was recruited for a second chance at glory with the BPC. An enterprising manager has been able to channel his acid tongue into great mic material and BPC's most recognizable heel. With any luck, he'll be able to put his fists where someone else's mouth is before his foot ends up in his own.
Edited by laZardo, Mar 11 2011, 11:55 AM.

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ahhh, gotcha.

Size classes, by the by, run like this.

Very Small
Small
Lightweight
Middleweight
Light-Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Big Heavyweight
Super Heavyweight
Giant

Which runs something like this (cribbed from the game's help file).

Giant: Special cases
Super Heavyweight: 380lb +
Big Heavyweight: 320 – 380lbs
Heavyweight: 290 – 320lbs
Light Heavyweight: 260 – 290lbs
Middleweight: 230 – 260lbs
Lightweight: Most male wrestlers under 230lbs, large female wrestlers
Small: Unusually small male wrestlers, female wrestlers
Very Small: Smaller female wrestlers, small male non-wrestlers

Mini will definitely be involved. The characters will probably remain limited to their home areas though (mostly Australia).

One other thing I'm in need of are some user characters - that is, the character that 'you' in the game are represented by. This could be anything from a wrestler to a referee to a colour commentator. I'd like some suggestions for people to use as in game avatars.

For one, I am leaning Dominic Blaylock :P
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

laZardo
Member Avatar
^This is not what a Laz looks like^
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Small: Renee Valentine, Kristey Burrowell, Tanya Bonneville
Lightweight: Damien Madison
Middleweight: Cisco "Cameleon" Vasquez, Zack Falcon, Troy "T-Mac" McCann
Light Heavyweight: Marvin Hendrick, Harris Van Allen
Super Heavyweight: Boxer Carvalho

Tanya and T-Mac would probably form "TNT," a face 'mixed' tag-team where Tanya finds herself trying to keep Troy from causing too much mayhem. They're also girlfriend-boyfriend outside the ring.

And speaking of player characters:

Charlie Lazaro - Announcer/Color Commentator
A rising star in the past that faded in a flurry of impatience, overused tag lines and drunken rampages. After a stint in rehab (or in Mexico, learning the ways of the luchador as some kayfabe would go) he was scooped off the street and hired as a color commentator for P4W. Now this grumpy (and relatively) old coot frequently makes references to how things were 'back in the day' when not delivering some rather quality commentary. Tolerated but still not respected, he has the potential to be a very nasty heel in a storyline.
Edited by laZardo, Mar 21 2011, 12:38 PM.

Unfucked: Cisco Vasquez (V4)
Proper Fucked: Harris Van Allen (The Program), Rashid Hassan (V4)
Fucked Soon: Carlos Lazaro and Eliza Patton

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So just shy of four years later, I've taken over this project from Elena! Any help with bios, icons, setting ideas etc. still useful.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Which version would be lacking of bios? V2, 3, 5 and 4? I wonder if the Minis will be also featured or not.

As for the setting, maybe a hospital like in every version.

Although I have 0 clue about Wrestling, I'd like to help in some way. Anyways, good luck and a yay for the resurrection!

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Read the thread, it'll become pretty clear what's being needed and done. Minis will probably be represented as Australian promotions but there's enough room in the game world for me to scatter workers in a bunch of places I think. V1's promotion is entirely done, though you might notice that not every character is there so feel free to whip up some bios like in that post for some of the others, if you don't know if someone's already in the database PM me and ask. Elena put up a breakdown of some of the major companies of the game world, which should help in whipping things up. But yes, S.O.T.F (the v1 promotion) is the only 100% finished company so there's a lot of room.

EDIT: Of course, some of this is going to end up changed up to account for v5, but I'm sure I can make room. And if anybody is good at making icons, logos, title belts or the kinds of character renders TEW 2013 uses, those would all be extremely helpful - probably moreso than just writing up the characters, honestly.
Edited by The Burned Handler, Oct 7 2014, 03:30 PM.

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
After some chat discussion a few days ago, since I forgot to follow up: I'm like a yellow belt in Photoshop so my utility may be limited, but I could gladly contribute what designs I can create, mostly through polishing/tweaking other folks' images.

Also, a quick question from wrestling ignorance: Does TEW separate between genders, and how big do rosters get?
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Image wise, we're not dealing with anything too complicated except maybe the renders of the actual wrestlers themselves, which requires software like Daz 3D and competency with setting the models and such. I've put together an example album on Imgur to show what we're looking at.

Both of your questions depend upon the individual company, and roster size is generally in proportion to the company's size - a national-sized promotion will probably be gunning for about 38 active wrestlers, for example, though I think the V1 promotion has more. Female wrestlers and their place on a company roster also depends on the product the company puts out, both in TEW and in general - you have companies with no women wrestling, a women's division, integrated wrestling, and even all women wrestlers (the best example IRL would be joshi puroresu, in Japan, but there's also SHIMMER).

Edit: Also, here's an example of TEW estimating roster sizes for a company, though it can be fudged a bit - note how product and the owner's preferences affect the estimate for SWF, the largest company in TEW's default database: Posted Image
Edited by The Burned Handler, Nov 11 2014, 03:35 AM.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply