Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fucking Compasses... How Do They Work?; Open Thread
Topic Started: Oct 2 2010, 01:14 PM (4,141 Views)
Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sorry to hold you up guys, been slightly busy this week.))

(Jessica Pentangeli continued from Cold, Wet and Tired)

Why were they back here?

Jessica looked around her. They were surrounded by warped logs, just like they had a few hours previously. No dead bodies, not yet at least. This wasn't the EXACT spot they had stopped by before but it looked pretty similar. Jessica had begun to question Alex leadership abilities. Jessica might have been hypocritical, seeing how they got lost the second she was the leader. Alex told her they'd sit down to rest. Said that they would have breakfast. Yet they did none of that. All walking. Jessie was getting sick of walking. Sick of being sick.

Jessica stopped. Her legs ached. She needed to rest, just for a moment. Alex was still walking. Jessica needed a second just to get her stuff together. Alex might stop for her.

Jessica lowered her rifle as she fought to keep her eyes open. The urge to sleep was unbearable. She had pulled an all-nighter once and she was sick for a week. What the heck was staying up for two days doing to her? Eyes half closed. Had to fight it. Can't... sleep... no, have to stay... no... ahh... have... to...

"DUDE? WHAT THE FUCK?"

Jessica snapped her head up. She mumbled. "W-Wha? I-I... not sleeping Alex..."

Alex had her back turned away. Like always. Jessica shook her head. Why did she feel like Alex didn't care whether Jessica was there or not? Wasn't Alex always going on about Jessica opening up? She grumbled and stumbled after her friend, eyes half closed. Soon enough Alex stopped. Jessica blinked. She had to tilt her head to see what she was looking at. Two boys were ahead of her, though they were too far away for her to reliably recognize.

Jessica froze as Alex reached down. Wait, what was she doing? She was throwing something. Rocks? Jessica slumped, rifle back up under her arms. What the hell was she doing? Alex was going to get them killed! Her eyes were wide open now, lifting her rifle up and out. Had to stop her. They could have guns. Flamethrowers. Knives!

"Alex," Jessica muttered quickly, "Alex, don't do that. That's -"

Too late. Alex didn't hear her, and went through with her move. Jessica sighed.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Ahh, bouncing all over the place but here it is.)

... The boy with the slicked back brown hair was staring at her breasts. She knew it. Pervert. Milo was like that. She never really liked him.

She was focused on Milo. She didn't notice Rob right away, not until he said something. She turned her head. Someone was pointing... a gun at her. Alex had moved out of the way, leaving Jessica to stand there in the range of his gun. It took a moment to really picture her situation.

Just put the rifle down Jessica... he'll kill you...

And yet she didn't lower the rifle. In fact she raised it as Rob turned his back to her. Her mind jumped while her body moved as one.

"... That's not going to happen."

"... Jessica?"

Jessica stammered. "I-I - How am I supposed to know you won't just kill us when our guard is down? It would be so easy."

"Jessie?! What the hell are you doing?! Stop it. You're giving him ideas! You're jabbering like an idiot! You'll get yourself killed! STOP IT!"

"I..."

"Jessica. Jessica. Jessica, are you listening to me?"

Her heart was pounding. Pounding. POUNDING. The vomit in the back of her throat was threatening to choke her. Yet she kept her gun up.

"Just... think about it. There's three of us and one of you. It'd be dumb to go shooting at us like you're suggesting. Like if you shoot at me, you'll turn your back on him. If you shoot Alex, you'd leave yourself open to me. And you're the only one I have to aim at..."

"Jessica... He'll kill you."

"I don't want to hurt you. We don't want to hurt you."

"You can't possibly shoot him!"

"I-I'm sorry..."

"Jessica, please..."

"...but if you want me to lower this, you've got to prove to me you aren't going to kill me. I... I don't want to be scared. I don't want to get paranoid but you made the first move. Now the ball is in your court."

"You're just a pathetic rat. You know that Jessica? Selfish..."

"I know..."
Edited by Ciel, Oct 25 2010, 02:11 PM.
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(permission granted from the victim. :3)

... Jessica... had made him stop?

"Oh! Uhh..." Jessica's eyes went wide with confusion. Did that really just happen? She half-expected him to kill her. Jessica lowered her gun and pointed it away from the boy."O-Oh, yes, that sounds, uhh, fair?"

Jessica blushed and turned her head away. The new boy (Simon? His name was Simon?) knew where Roman was. Or at least was aware of where he was previously. It was about the only lead Alex and Jessica had to finding him. Which was good. Jessica really wanted to find Roman, at least so Alex would stop worrying about him. Alex didn't show it but she was worried about him, deeply worried. So... Hall of Mirrors? Jessica vaguely recalled a Hall of Mirrors on the map. It was nowhere near where they were now but it wouldn't take them-

Jessica felt it. A pressure building up in her chest. Shit. Jessica opened her mouth.

"Ahh..."

Jessica held her breath but it didn't help. Jessica bucked her head forward.

"AHHH..."

Jessica sneezed.

"CHOOOO!"

Time stopped. Jessica's head felt numb. Her sneezes were always big attractions, so violent. Her whole body spasmed when she sneezed, and they hurt like hell too. She gasped for air, and brushed her nose against the thin sleeve of her tanktop. She sniffed. She probably looked pretty darn ugly. Three days without a shower, not even a brush or an airdrier. Wiping her nose with her sleeve wasn't going to make matters worse.

Her mind suddenly realized something. Jessica's eyes shot down to her gun. Her finger had pressed the trigger down. Jessica's blood went cold. When she had sneezed, she fired this rifle unconciously and it took her this long to realize it.

She slowly looked up.

"Oh jesus," Jessica cringed. "Oh jesus, Milo, I am SO sorry!"
Edited by Ciel, Oct 29 2010, 10:29 PM.
V6

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
... Shit. Jessica had done it. She screwed up.

Jessica never really liked Milo. He was a jerk. She didn't hate him enough to actually want to shoot him though. And now he was screaming! Oh god. What had she done?! Now they were going to think she was a loon! Oh god oh god. Jessica stared at the raving Milo, biting down on her lip. She didn't take into account that Robert was laughing at the incident. All she could think about was that she someone in the crotch, which was a disturbing thing that a young girl like Jessica should be thinking about. Her eyes almost teared up from her gut-wrenching guilt.

Wait, was Alex talking to her? Crap, she hadn't been paying attention.

Jessica turned and looked at Alex. Her eyes were wide, tearing up. "H-Huh?" She stammered. "Umm..."

Why the hell was it so hard?

Alex had been worried about Roman for the past three days. Why wouldn't Jessica just take pity on Alex and listen to her? Jessica wasn't hungry. She never ate much so going without food for a little longer wouldn't bother her.

Jessica closed her eyes. Alex, Josie, Pand-Meredith. She really hated that name. She didn't have many friends. Jessica couldn't even name five off of the top of her head. Everyone looked at her as the weird girl that never spoke during class. They never bothered with her. Alex and Meredith were her only friends and even then their connection was loose. And Josie - well, Jessica had only spoken to her twice.

Nick. Especially Nick. His name should have overshadowed Roman and Josie. On the list of people she wanted to see the most, Nick was way up there. Things didn't feel so rushed with him. She didn't stumble over words when she was around him. That made her feel... what was the word? Normal? Jessica knew she was a normal girl but that was the only way she could describe it. Jessica would travel to see Nick. That begged the question though. If Jessica heard that Nick was at the Hall of Mirrors... Would Alex go with Jessica half-way across their little deserted home? Or would Alex sneer at Jessica and tell her she was stupid? Jessica wasn't sure about either of these things. So she had flipped her coin and it had landed on it's edge. Now where was supposed to side...

Then again she did shoot someone in the crotch so... when Jessica really thought about it, the decision had been made for her.

"Yeah," Jessica said after a moment of hesitation. She nodded. "Y-Yeah, let's just go."

Jessica didn't take into account how the chances of Roman actually showing up there were small. He might have moved on for all she knew! However, it was an excuse to leave. So she left without fuss.

(Jessica and Alex continued elsewhere...)
V6

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: South · Next Topic »
Add Reply