Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows...; (Open)
Topic Started: Sep 30 2010, 06:44 PM (3,353 Views)
Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
((Continued from Somewhere That's Green))

The shotgun had some theoretical advantages, such as range if you got into a fight. The shotgun also had at least one major disadvantage, namely not being easy to conceal...it was a clunky thing that was good for killing and not a whole hell of a lot else.

That would be why Bill Davis is obviously carrying a gun as he makes his way across the island: He can't hide it, he sure as hell isn't ditching it, which leaves "obviously packing heat" as his only real option.

“I... I got a big gun in mine. I don’t know how to use one, though and since you’re going to protect me... I mean, if it’s okay... with you, protecting me, that is. You can have it. I trust you."

Shit. I'm not the only one with a gun here. I'm not planning to use mine, but...be careful...

"Hey!"

Waving and being nice-and-obvious so he doesn't provoke a panicked attack from sneaking up on someone, Bill hollers to Jackie, Tiffany, and Quincy from a safe distance...enough that he can start shooting from a safe distance if things go wrong, and enough that he's not seen as an immediate threat. After all, the last thing he wants to do is to get into a fight right off...that would be bad, and it would probably make him waste ammo on top of that.
Characters:
David Anderson (deceased)
Tyler Franklin (deceased)
Bill Davis (not dead yet...but soon!)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Bill wasn't going to drop the gun...

That's how you end up dead...letting someone else have a clear target at you...

...but he was willing to keep it pointed away from the others. Leaving the safety on, he raised one hand while keeping the gun in another, ready to return fire if things did get ugly. He couldn't return fire immediately as it was (safety being on and not having both hands on the gun meant that wasn't happening), but he figured he'd be quick enough.

"Set the gun down and I will."

You don't think I didn't notice that? You think I don't see the metal gleaming as you got it? I may be paranoid, but it's not like I don't know we're not all going to make it out of here.

He didn't know it was a gun, but he was going to take a wild guess. It was something shiny, at the very least, and he didn't give a damn if it was a knife or a three-ring binder or a golden retriever...let them deny it and go from there.

"Nothing personal, but I have been following the body counts on the announcements, you know?" Not that he knows how many are/aren't dead, but...it's enough. "And I'd rather not be on the next announcement."

Bill slowly made his way a bit closer, walking towards them, trying to balance showing "non-evil" intent and, well, not being a moron. Which, on the island, wasn't exactly an easy task.
Characters:

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
“You put the gun down, and we’ll make sure you don’t end up on tomorrows list. Now, you’re outflanked, out manned and out gunned. Be sensible here.”

"You don't want to do that. I don't want to hurt anyone..." Bill's voice is loaded with tension as he says that. "...but how do I know you're not going to shoot me as soon as I put it down? Right now? I've got a gun pointed at someone."

Bill thinks for a moment, trying to find a way out of this standoff that doesn't involve him getting shot. Yes, his gun is probably capable of winning this fight unless there's someone behind him with a gun, and he hasn't heard the person behind him cock a weapon, so...

"Do you have ANY idea what you're playing with? The power to take a life!"

"I'm going to back up real slow and get away from you, and nobody's gonna get hurt, alright?" It's not ideal, it's not what he was hoping for, but it sure as hell beats getting shot or something. Dying is something he would prefer to avoid, after all. "I don't want to hurt anyone, but I'm not stupid enough to let you point a gun at me and drop mine." Beat. "Besides, if I wanted to kill you, I'd have shot you as soon as I saw that gun in your hand."

(OOC: Sorry for the delay...was trying to let T-Fox keep order...*sighs* And of course, two of us jump at the same time.)
Edited by Anderson, Oct 28 2010, 08:42 PM.
Characters:

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Bill saw Tiffany lower her gun, and he lowered his in response...partway, at least. He was still aiming, only now he was aiming at the ground a few feet in front of him.

Just let me get out of here in one piece, alright? Man, this went wrong quickly. I did not expect that gun to come out or someone to flank me like that.

"Ok. Backing up now..." Step by step, Bill Davis backed up, away from the group. "I won't come back, but don't come after me."

I'm going to get out of here alive. I'm going to be fine, and I haven't had to waste any ammo. I'll take what I can get, and if this is what I can get, I'll take it.

As he added a bit of distance between him and the group, Bill felt himself relax just a bit. Once he felt sure he was far enough back that he couldn't be easily shot by them, Bill Davis turned and ran as fast as he could, hoping to get away from them. He did not want to die.

((OOC: Bill Davis continued elsewhere))
Edited by Anderson, Nov 9 2010, 06:16 PM.
Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply