Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows...; (Open)
Topic Started: Sep 30 2010, 06:44 PM (3,358 Views)
selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
((In order to expedite things, I have had Tiffany get lost in the caves for an unknown amount of time.))

"The exit is right over here!" Tiffany called out to the others as she scrambled past some rocks.

She'd actually gotten somewhat lost in the tunnels earlier, missing the turning that would have taken her back to the groundskeeper's hut, but hadn't admitted it. She'd led the others on an uphill climb and as luck would have it, there was another exit just out the side of the mountain.

Tiffany sat down to take a rest. She had no idea what the time was, but it was dark outside, with the sun at the edge of the horizon - either sinking or rising. She couldn't tell which.

She yawned, "I'm really tired... you think we should camp here or something?"
Edited by selphie_trabia, Sep 30 2010, 06:48 PM.
Old v4 player.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
Tiffany gave Quincy a soft, gentle smile. The sucker was falling for her and hard. He’d already called her his boss, a sign that she was doing well with her manipulation of him. These first few moments of contact were key. If she didn’t play her cards right, she would eventually lose him to his ex girlfriend, if she ever decided to show her face, that is.

She watched as he searched through his bag and suppressed a laugh of scorn at his puzzled expression over the etch-a-sketch. His lack of a weapon was an opportunity for her. The best way to earn a person’s trust was to make an outward display of “trust”. She pushed her bag over towards Quincy.

“I... I got a big gun in mine.” She murmured, “I don’t know how to use one, though and since you’re going to protect me... I mean, if it’s okay... with you, protecting me, that is. You can have it. I trust you.”

Time to play hardball. She needed this guy to lust after her, to depend on her beyond a normal level. She yawned and stretched, allowing Quincy to have just a little glimpse of her midriff before her hands tugged her shirt back down.

“Sorry. Didn’t mean for that to happen.” She said, putting on her most embarrassed face and yawning again “You look tired too... but... if you insist... We should... take... turns or something...”

She looked at Quincy, assessing the situation, then gave another little yawn and curled up on the ground. Within moments, she was asleep, with nothing to protect her against the elements. She had considered cuddling up to Quincy, but had realised that he wasn’t quite ready for it.

There would be time enough for that soon.
Old v4 player.

selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
Tiffany jolted awake as Quincy had to leave. He handed her the gun. Mutely, she accepted it, not quite really sure what was going on due to her drowsiness.

She blinked a few times and watch him disappear into the bushes.

"Wai...t..." she murmured in protest.

But he was gone. Had her plans fallen through? Why would he abandon her at this crucial moment?

"Shit!" Tiffany swore, unaware that that was probably what Quincy had gone to do.
Edited by selphie_trabia, Oct 11 2010, 07:26 PM.
Old v4 player.

selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
Tiffany sat on the ledge next to the mountain. She was tired, but possibly not as tired as Quincy would have been. She clicked her tongue in irritation. Where had Quincy gone? Why had he left her the gun to deal with this... weirdo? Was he really that yellow livered that he’d only have protected her for as long as he was safe?

A million questions ran through her head as she looked down from her perch. She squinted. She couldn’t see who the other guy was, but he definitely sounded threatening to her. She couldn’t quite make out what he was saying. His voice was echoing off the side of the mountain badly enough that she couldn’t hear anything that he said clearly.

Rather than respond, Tiffany retreated against the nearest boulder, pulling the Quincy’s and her packs close to her body.

She whistled as loudly as she could. Much as she would love to cast Quincy off like a piece of useless chaff, she didn’t have a big enough group around her to be able to do such a thing. Right now, she needed Quincy probably as much as he needed her back.

“Quincy! Help! I can’t do this alone!” she cried out, hoping that her voice would reach him.

If it didn’t at least it might make others think that she was helpless and needed protecting. Or perhaps it might lead them to underestimate her. When push came to shove, Tiffany might need to pull the trigger...

...but she wasn’t quite sure that she could do it just yet.
Old v4 player.

selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
((Not planning to get inactives on Tiffany, so yeah.))

Tiffany huddled behind the boulder, trying to keep out of sight. The gun sat propped up against a rock next to her, its barrel pointed uselessly against the sky, but just within reach in case the other person decided to attack. She heard yelling, someone yelling about killing.

Quincy had returned, that much she knew. She peeked out a little from the boulder she was hiding behind, hoping that the other person, whoever he was, wasn't a good enough shot to hit her from whatever distance he was at. She quickly assessed the situation and ducked back behind the boulder.

Quincy was behind the other boy, Brian and he had a new weapon. There was another person on the mountain, but she couldn't see where the other person was. Whoever it was, their voice echoed all over the mountain badly enough that she couldn't quite pinpoint the other person's location.

Still, she wasn't about to let things get too much out of control. Quincy was still her protector for this point, after all. If Quincy's earlier behaviour was any indication, she needed more allies, more people to protect her. She called out to him.

The other kid was unlikely to be a friend, though, considering the way he was behaving. She grinned, hiding her face in her hands to hide her smile, then she cleared her throat and began to whimper.

"Quincy! Be careful! He has a gun!" she whimpered, ever the damsel in distress.

Hopefully, Quincy would be smart enough to take the gun. Maybe he'd even be smart enough to let that guy go while other people were watching.
Edited by selphie_trabia, Oct 28 2010, 09:44 PM.
Old v4 player.

selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
“Are you sure?” Tiffany yelled, “Okay!”

Tiffany listened to the exchange, then lowered the gun, keeping as close to the rock she was hidden behind as was humanly possible. If the boy shot at her, he’d have a good chance of missing, she thought. She wasn’t completely sure how guns and bullets worked.

Then, she heard the screaming. Instinctively, she turned to look at the source of the sound, squinting as the sun’s rays filled her vision with coloured spots. Then, she spotted the other person – Jackie Broughton, a weird girl from the chess club, one of the school’s more anti-social little freaks.

She was certainly acting freaky now, the way she rolled around on the ground clutching her head and screaming about something. Tiffany considered moving over to where Jackie was but wasn’t about to risk getting shot.

One thing at a time.

Tiffany needed to deal with the gunslinging little idiot first. She didn’t quite trust Quincy to handle the whole situation by himself.

Considering Jackie’s current condition, there was probably enough time to deal with her later. In the meantime, Tiffany kept a watchful eye on her. Jackie wasn’t going to escape.
Old v4 player.

selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
Tiffany blinked. She wasn't sure what had just happened. One moment, Jackie was rolling on the ground, but when her gaze shifted towards Quincy and back again, the other girl was gone! She blinked again, just to make sure, and turned her attention to Quincy.

He brought back a weapon and while it wasn't exactly the best weapon, it showed that he wasn't completely useless. She burst into tears, throwing her arms around Quincy's neck and hugging him tight.

"Oh Quincy! I was so scared! He was pointing the gun at me... He wanted to shoot me! I was so scared!" she babbled.

Slowly, she loosened her grip on him, wiping her eyes as she continued, looking down at the ground, "Sorry... sorry... I was just so scared... I didn't know if I could shoot him..."

She looked up at Quincy, partially to show him her tear-stained face, partially to gauge his reaction to her outburst.

"What... what happened? Why did you go?" she asked.
Old v4 player.

selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
Quincy's explaination of his wherabouts seemed to satisfy Tiffany. She pulled back from her tight hug, then shook her head.

"Jackie was here too. The one with the funky name." she said, "She was rolling around on the ground and screaming her head off, like she was having a fit. When I looked at her again, she disappeared."

Tiffany shuddered, "We should get off this mountain. It's too weird. Let's go somewhere safe, just you and me, okay?"

She smiled at Quincy, an uneasy smile, even as she started packing her stuff up, bending over to zip some of the bags up. She pulled two of them onto her shoulders and handed Quincy the gun.

"You should take this. You probably know how to use it better than me. I can use the club." she said.
Old v4 player.

selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
Tiffany lifted the golf club. She'd played golf before, so she did know how to use it, though not as a bat. Her grip on the weapon wasn't too bad, though.

"I think I can manage." she murmured.

Picking up the lighter bags, she followed Quincy, sticking close to his side.

((Tiffany continued elsewhere.))
Old v4 player.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply