Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Hills Are Alive; Topic closed
Topic Started: Sep 28 2010, 12:35 PM (3,197 Views)
MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Ugh... my lungs... how the frack can you sing!?"

((Felicia Carmichael continued from Random Spawns are a Bitch))

Felicia panted, groaned, huffed, and made noises that could be described through other synonyms as she trudged up after Samaya. Of all the places that they could have gone on this island, of all the paths to get there, Samaya had to insist on the chuckle-fucking mountain. Her body simply wasn't made for this sort of trip; Felicia's muscles were toned for the strenuous activities of clicking a mouse, jamming away on a keyboard, slamming her hand down on a desk and pointing an accusing finger at a prosecutor during a mock court case, and strenuously arguing with trolls on the internet. They weren't made to combat a freaking mountain.

To see Samaya being so joyful, spinning around after a nice rest (something that Felicia didn't get earlier. She had the weapons, after all), while Felicia was finally reaching the point where she could really use a couple hours of shuteye herself was... immensely irritating. She wished she could throw a rock or something at Samaya, but the girl could only huff and puff her dissatisfaction, and try to catch up when the other girl had stopped for a little whirly-gig break.

Yeah, yeah, Sammy... you spin me right round and all that, but I'm gonna spin you right off this damned rock!

Finally, after those last few agonizing steps decided to stretch themselves into miles, Felicia leveled herself with Samaya. She raised her finger to say something, but her arm flopped downward. The rest of her body followed suit, with her turning to land on her butt first, then flop backwards into a completely prone state. Felicia could feel the slight weight of the gun in her hoodie pocket pressing against her, and the daypack leaning on her a bit, but she didn't care... she really didn't feel like moving.

"Ha... h-" Felicia encounted the painful experience of exploding into a coughing fit and laughing at the same time. As an interesting lesson learned, it turns out that doing that SUCKED. After the coughing and pain had subsided, though, she went back to her chuckling.

"Man... we're... we're gonna make it, Sammy. You just keep spinnin' and I'll hang onto you, and you can be a helicopter!" Mumbling the last few words, Felicia adjusted herself and shut her eyes.

G082 - ASLEEP
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Ngh..."

Yeah, that sounded about right for her addition to the conversation. Felicia was quickly drifting away into the land of electronic sheep and counting coconut crabs or whatever other nonsense there was to do when one was basically in an 8-hour coma. Soon, the girl could be wherever she wanted to be, maybe flying even twice as high as any butterfly in the sky. Her dreams would probably be some sort of metaphysical form of her intense desire to just go back home, something Felicia could only grasp at the moment because she was still half-awake.

She WAS making her best efforts to sleep. Indeed, she was well on her way, and nothing short of little bunny foo foo coming out of nowhere and beating the ever loving shit out of her was going to stop that, but sleep was hardly ever immediate, no matter who you were or how exhausting your day had been. That being said, it was with some mild (and sleepy) amusement that Felicia could pick out the voices of Melissa and Aislyn. Whenever the latter girl spoke, Felicia just mentally added the two screamed words 'MY SHOES!' It was enough to cause one of her sleepy exhales to be riddled with the skeleton of a giggle.

One of the last things Felicia could pick out before falling deeper into her slumber was something about a 'tree branch'. Who knew what Aislyn wanted a tree branch for, though. ... Seriously, a tree branch? Maybe to build a lean-to or use as a walking stick, seeing as they were on a mountain. Then again, they weren't walking, and if they were, well... fuck that, Felicia was still taking her freaking nap. Fuck that walk. The only viable option remaining was to use the tree branch as a weapon but... really?

How the fuck do you kill somebody with a tree branch?

"Zzzzzzzz..."
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You ever get that feeling...

Felicia twitched in her sleep, letting the grass that served as her bed call out in a nice, brushing 'swish' sound. Who didn't like going outside on a nice sunny day, complete with a light but so invigorating breeze, and flopping down on the ground to relax and take a short nap? Felicia usually didn't, preferring to take her alone time in the form of gaming or (secretly) looking at yaoi, but 'outside' was almost all of her options in a place like this. It's also surprising what you'll sleep on when you haven't slept in over a day.

Her dreams had been peaceful, perhaps as a method of Felicia's mind trying to let her recuperate from such trying times as these. In all honesty, she hadn't had a dream like this in... well, maybe a week or so, but that was certainly long enough.

"Edgeworth, I... I honestly don't know where I'm going here."

The spikey headed man in the blue suit leaned against the balcony, looking out to the dusk skyline. "I thought I had it all figured, out, but..."

The other man there with him softly pressed a finger to the blue-suited man's lips.

"... Objection... you think too much, Wright."

They shared a kiss, and somewhere, a sleeping fangirl was squeeing.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, yeah... there were more polite ways to wake up a gal than the militaristic siren Aislyn's voice was blazing. Felicia's body gave a jolt at first, sitting up an inch or so, and then flopping back down on the grass. Her dreams had been ripped from her like Giygas ripped away at the sanity of young children, but her mind still clung to sleep madly.

"Ngh... five more minutes..."

As vain as the plea was, she had to hope that Aislyn might find the grace to say 'okay' and have her catch up on those last few minutes of shut-eye. And maybe she'd forget it was just five minutes, and give her ten. Or fifteen. Or sixty. Then, much to Felicia's dismay, the old familiar foe of the late sleeper began to arise. Her stomach, somewhere juuuust above the navel, had the slightest, most unintrusive itch.

And she needed to scratch that devil.

"Augh... fine, fine, I'm up!" the girl growled, fighting to sit up straight and rub her eyes open. She was feeling terrible from not having a true and proper sleep in quite a while, and her belly had to betray her like this. Well, fuck it... she just wouldn't feed it! That'd show... um... that'd show it? No.. that logic wasn't making sense, but not much of her logic WAS making sense after, on the looong trip they had made, they had heard those announcements. As much as Felicia was trying to hold things in a positive light, sadly, they didn't catch her off guard as much as she had hoped. At least it was nobody she knew...

Well, no, that wasn't true.

She knew all of them, there was no denying that, but the girl tried to shut it out the best she could, keep it inside to a certain point so it couldn't break her. In the same breath, though, she knew that until she accepted it, she just wouldn't feel right. Maybe that's why she couldn't sleep... or maybe it really was Aislyn's barking. Who the hell knew. Either way, Felicia managed to get up to her knees, then looked to Melissa. Melissa was over Samaya now, trying to wake her up.

So... ... why isn't she getting up?

Felicia waited with a smirk on her face, getting some slight revelry from the fact there was somebody in this little group of hers that could sleep deeper than herself. The smirk faded a little in irritation when she still didn't give up. Irritation subsequently gave way to discomfort... then discomfort to fear.

"Sam? Sammy, why.... get up!"

She wasn't sure at what point she finally figured out what happened, but the knowledge of what was truly taking place finally hit Felicia. It was a blow to the heart, a blow that punched right past the sternum as though the bone wasn't there. "Sam... Sammy, oh god... you're not, get up! GET UP!" Her head was pounding as she stumbled on all fours to her friend, shaking her shoulders.

She was fine when I went to bed... how long was I out!? I wasn't asleep for that long, the sky's the same... Sammy... Sam, please, you're not dead, there's no way you could have even died!!!

She looked fine, even. No blood, no outright wound or gaping hole... Samaya's shut eyes were just so peaceful-looking the way they were shut. It was like she was sleeping, and now blisfully dreaming of a world in which she didn't have to kill her friends.

She envied her, really, but envy was drowned by the tears that flowed down Felicia's face as she leaned her head against the fallen girl, sobbing.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The fact that there was no heartbeat to be found in Samaya's body... that was the most painful part. Felicia listened for one, begging for the impossible to happen, for the girl's spark to be re-lit. Samaya's heart stayed in darkness, though, and Felicia's was quickly falling in that general direction.

Through her sobbing, she heard a few noises, some rustling and repositioning. Snorting the mucus in her nose and throat down and swallowing, Felicia looked through her teary eyes. Aisyln didn't seem to be grieving much, if at all. In fact, the first goal in the military girl's mind seemed to be going through Samaya's things and taking what suited her. The heartlessness of it all astounded Felicia's mind... weren't they all friends? Maybe the didn't all know each other too much (Felicia, for one, was the type of gal to stay home and play video games rather than go to the mall), but they all knew each other to some degree and were still friends... but Aislyn wasn't crying. Contrarily, Felicia's body was putting most of its effort into trembling and producing more tears.

The irony of it all never struck her, for she wasn't in the mood to appreciate it, but she subconciously attributed the scene to one of the times when she, herself, had roleplayed a character on a fan-forum of SoTF that she had started. The character that she played, mostly a self-insert, had done the same thing Aislyn was now doing... every body was a resource, something to loot.

How funny, it was, how different real life could stray from fiction.

"Aislyn, I-I..." Felicia choked out, standing up and wiping her eyes with one sleeve, then her nose with the other. She sniffed again and turned away from Samaya, still crying. Half of her wanted to lay over the other girl's body and wait until she died, but...

Sammy would have wanted me to live. Right?
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I... sure..."

Felicia stood over Samaya's body, thinking about what Aislyn had said regarding her a little while ago. The rational lines there were true; Samaya clearly didn't need any of those things anymore, and so anything she had could be put to good use. Felicia felt the weight dragging in the front of her shirt as these thoughts brought her attention back to the gun that Samaya had given to her. The tool was for her to use in order to protect the girl, but... Sammy managed to die anyway. And what a way to go... it was like she just fell asleep and, before Felicia woke up, left the island.

If only rational thought could keep emotions at bay indefinitely, but that was one task that it just could not do. She was still a friend, and Aislyn hadn't shed a single tear, instead thinking to ransack her body. If she could be disconnected, brought away from the situation to analyze, it, maybe Felicia would have understood the benefits of doing such. All of this was a bit much to be asking of a teenage girl, though. On the other hand, there were emotional factors that kept Felicia from screaming at Aislyn in such a tumultuous state. She had added the fact that Samaya truly was 'fine' now, probably meant as being in another, better place. Felicia could get that; there would be no killing and no more dying for her.

To kill and to die... Felicia thought the closest she'd ever get to the concept of murder is defending a client accused of murder, or maybe prosecuting a real one. At best, she hoped that she wouldn't die until she was an old (presumably rich and still internet-loving) woman, spending her final days sipping pink lemonade and beating somebody down with a shuffleboard... stick-thingy. Whatever the hell those things were called. With a sniff and rubbing of the nose on her sweatshirt sleeve, the girl had to come to terms with the fact that there was death going on all around her and, if she wasn't careful, she was going to die. She could die in a manner that would make Samaya's seem truly lucky. So, as rough as it was, Aislyn was right.

"I'll d-do what I can... just... can we cover her face up first? Something, anything out of respect..."

Felicia would have to do what it took to keep herself alive, or have her bloodstained lineage end here.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It pained her to do it, but somebody had to. And if somebody had to be the one to shroud Samaya's face from the world for the last time, then it may as well have been Felicia. She had to be strong, to suppress the trembling that wanted to shake her bones apart. "Just relax a little, Felicia." "Chill out, everything is going to be okay." Maybe those are things Samaya would've said, if she was still here. Was there something... anything that could have changed? Was there any way things could have been different, and have Samaya waking up along with her two friends?

Such a useless question. There was no turning back, no way Felicia could ever have her friend back, and the very same act that would put Samaya to rest would also offer some finality, some closure. Felicia brought the nightshirt back up to her chest, arms still shaking as she squeezed it as tightly as she could. Her hands were barely under her own control as she brought the shirt down towards Samaya, gently draping it over her head and neck at first.

The garment was only big enough to reach down to the laying girl's waist, and that would have to do. The tears wanted to come again, pushing like the advancing wall of sorrow it was and threatening to shove her eyes out of socket, but Felicia had to press on. This last rite WAS getting done... and she prayed it was the only time she would have to 'bury' one of her friends. Easing Samaya's head up, great care was taken in tucking the blanketing shirt underneath at the top and sides, then let her lay down once more so the shirt would stay tucked in place. Smoothing out the creases over her shrouded visage, Felica worked her way down until she was tucking the bottom corners of the shirt beneath Samaya's back.

Having finished the only thing she could have done, Felicia leaned in to where the girl's forehead lay hidden, safely tucked away from this terrible island, and brushed her lips in a final, respecting kiss. "Love you, Sammy..." Felicia whispered, rising despite her quaking to stand next to Melissa and Aislyn. While her throat was parched and her lips were ready to crack, Felicia only took a few trickles of water from the bottle for her sip. Just... her stomach couldn't manage much more.

It seemed that the three held one final, silent vigil before Aislyn walked away. Hurtful, but understandable... she was committing no personal wrong. They had to move on. It... maybe it was what Samaya would have wanted, and not to see her friends die just like she had. And so, Felicia waited as long as she could bear before following the other two out of the area, never to look back.

I... I need a hug.

((Felicia Carmichael, continued elsewhere))
Edited by MK Kilmarnock, Nov 9 2010, 09:45 PM.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply