Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dirty
Topic Started: Sep 26 2010, 02:12 PM (3,228 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Jimmy Robertson continued from Bump in the Night.))

Jimmy followed Alan into what looked like a swamp, swatting at yet another insect as it tried to suck out some of his blood.

"Now I warn you Jimmy... This is not where I intended to go at all... I hate to say we're lost but... Well, frankly I'd rather be lost right now then... Well, you know." Jimmy wasn't too concerned about that much. Neither he nor Alan were exactly camping experts, so it wasn't like Alan was being stupid … or leading him into a trap.

"Don't worry about it. This island isn't exactly intended as a tourist destination." Jimmy chuckled at both his and Alan's jokes (anything from delving into mindless paranoia, no matter how lame). He looked around at his surroundings. Mud, insects, and dirty water everywhere. Didn't exactly seem like a good place to rest, and the footing was almost as bad as where they had just left - rather than a constant tripping hazard, the marshy ground was very sticky, slightly slowing down his steps as he used slightly more effort to pull his foot up from the ground, each lift making a noticeable noise.

"Jimmy. There's people over there, in the swamp. Do you think they're dangerous?" Alan was kneeling, or at least, going as far down as he could without getting his ass wet. Jimmy got on one knee a he looked at the two people already there. The skinny guy didn't immediately ring a bell, but the larger guy ...

"The big guy, that's Brock. He plays football with me. He's ... moody at times, but he's not a bad person, just frustrated sometimes. More than likely, he's friendly." Jimmy whispered. He was getting slightly wary of Brock - not just because of his athletic ability, but because Jimmy's previous statement rang true: Brock had the potential to be quite moody, and the game had a way of taking one's negative qualities and exacerbating them ... or giving one negative qualities that they didn't have.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brock decided not to pair up with the other guy, and turned around, turning on his flashlight and walking towards the group. For a second, the light went straight into Jimmy's eyes, blinding him for a fraction of a second. Jimmy grunted as he turned his head away, his free hand going in front of his eyes as he tried to adjust to the harsh light. Then came the scuffle beside him, as Alan clutched Jimmy.

"Ah, hello! I suppose you're wondering what we're doing here. Well I know that at first glance it looks like we're spying on you but I assure you that we'd never kill you, I don't want to kill anyone really, it's just that we've been wandering around this island for what seems like forever and you see we don't know who's dangerous and who's not. But please don't kill us, I just want to go home. I JUST WANT TO-"

Alan was panicking. As Jimmy's eyes re-adjusted to the darkness, he noted Brock's aggressive stance, before his eyes locked onto Jimmy. Then Brock spoke up, surprised.

"Jimmy?"

"I think he wants to talk to you, perhaps I should give you some space and keep watch down here. I'll keep low and come back if I see anything." Alan calmed down a little as he walked away.

"Sorry. He's a little on edge. Can't blame him, given the circumstances." He was thinking about how to treat this situation. He looked at the sword he was holding, blade planted into the ground.

"This is what they gave me. I'm hoping I don't have to use it, or at least, don't have to use the blade. This insanely long handle will hopefully be the most I'll ever have to even consider using."

"So how are you doing?" It was then that another voice came through the darkness.

"Brock Mason, ya stupid piece of shit!" He looked at the girl coming up to them, surprisingly upbeat, hopefully out of relief.

"Hey. How are you?"

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jimmy was about to smile when the announcement came up. Only a few names really stuck out - mostly the repeats, Reiko Ishida and Nick Reid, but Sarah Atwell also came up, not because of the number, but of the fact that she video taped it and won a Best Kill. It was, to say the least, disheartening that otherwise sane people were sinking into a sort of insanity to get back to their lives.

Add that to the fact that, unless given a free pass, whomever makes it out will be broken. (Shut up, pessimistic side) Just saying. Jimmy at that moment responded to the tap on his back from Alan.

"I'm sorry, I just... I heard the announcement... It's just... All these people... They... And we... Well..." Alan sank to the ground, head in his hands.

See? It's happening already. (I said shut up.) Jimmy leaned to Alan and whispered.

"Alan. Things are looking up. Brock's cool. And his friend is, well, she doesn't seem hostile." Jimmy deliberately didn't mention the bat Deidre was holding. While one could say that the fact that she wasn't swinging was a good sign, it could also send Alan into a panic, given how up and down he had been since the first announcement.

"So priority number one should be getting out of the swamp, huh?" The girl spoke up.

"Yeah. I agree. We can find more people who aren't playing, and we all have each others' backs." Jimmy smiled reassuringly. This time, Jimmy actually got the chance to team up with somebody. Hopefully it would play out well for all of them. Yeah, Danya will come over, take off our collars, and let us all go home with money, free therapy, and a chance to date a Sports Illustrated model. And then Hitler will rise from the grave to apologize for his crimes. (You're getting real annoying, you know that?)

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Hold that thought. I ain't discussing a thing more 'till I'm on something like dry land again. We can talk about the plan then, alright?" Jimmy felt some relief as Brock started to calm down and then left. Deidre was next to go, casually waving goodbye.

"Errr... Yeah, I agree, please lead on, me and Jimmy will be close behind. I don't know what I'm thinking right now Jimmy, but I don't feel so scared any more, but if I do somehow manage to pull this off, I'm going to need your help, I know I can trust you. Come on, to cleaner ground." As Alan turned and left, Jimmy smiled a little, following close behind him. I knew it. Just have faith in other (You don't know what you're getting into).

((Jimmy Robertson continued in Heartbeat Symphony))

((ALL CHARACTERS HAVE EXITED. THREAD CLOSED))

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Swamp · Next Topic »
Add Reply