Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Missing Those Lost; En route to Parish
Topic Started: Sep 23 2010, 11:59 PM (3,905 Views)
Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Simon Grey continued from Under The Sea Is Where No One Wants To Be)

(Godmodding a little with what we did inbetween daylight by the ocean and 6 a.m. today. If anyone disagrees, PM me and I'll edit it.

The going of the previous day had been slow. They had not wanted to run into anyone unpleasant, and they had taken great pains to avoid others--unless they could recognize those they saw in the distance, they had avoided them.

Sticking to the route. That was the plan.

When night fell, they had found a convenient shelter in the felled forest--an uneven pile of fallen timber that made a rough lean-to in the forest. Someone (had it been Simon himself? He couldn't remember anymore) had suggested they shelter her for awhile--get some shuteye, try and stay fresh for the day ahead. Simon knew he'd been the one to suggest setting someone to watch over them, and had taken second watch--the hardest, he'd read somewhere, though he couldn't remember where. Carol was to take the last.

As such, he'd only been asleep for three hours when the clapping began.

He woke up only halfway through, only dimly acknowledging the names. He'd never watched Survival of the Fittest, so he had no way of knowing how Danya twisted truths to suit the needs of drama; his face hardened with everything Danya said.

It was horrifying. There had been deaths on the island--deaths Simon had been unable to prevent. Small comfort that Raidon had not been named among the killers...

A sob from his right. Simon turned; Carol was sobbing, having sunk to her knees with her face screwed up. Simon hesitated just an instant, than glanced to his right. "Kari," he said softly, jerking his head towards Carol; he thought (though he wasn't sure) that he spied the other girl's eyes glittering in the hazy half-light of morning.

Focus. Worry about the murders later. Try and protect these people for now.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I'm sorry," he heard Carol say.

"Don't be," he said at once. "You couldn't have done a damn thing." But was that true, he wondered? Were they really so helpless? Or was he just trying to justify his own impotence and weakness?

People had died on this island, and Simon had been unable to save them.

"We couldn't have done a damn thing," he repeated, eyes closing.

"HEEEEEEEEY!" someone cried. Simon whirled, his hand flying to his gun. He relaxed almost as soon as he saw her; Hermione Miller. He'd remembered the name easily--Harry Potter was one of the few books he'd read, or at least enjoyed. Bit of a clique-bitch, as he recalled, but she'd always seemed decent enough.

He got to his feet, taking his gun with him, and breathed--one deep breath, had to stay in control, he could feel his fear and anger chafing at the bit and demanding release. He put a finger to his lips, his body trembling as his eyes darted here and there. Who might have heard her? Who, of the killers he'd just heard named, might be nearby, listening to this yell? And who could Simon really hope to save here, if they came?

"Quiet, please," he said, keeping his voice low. "We don't know who's listening."
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"In a bad mood?" Simon demanded, eyes widening. "You're asking if-!" He cut himself off, closing his eyes. "I don't think," he said carefully. "Well, Hermione," he said, his voice betraying the trouble he was having restraining himself. "Seeing as we're trapped on an island where we're wearing explosive collars, I really don't see how I'm s'posed to be positive, y'know?"

Without thinking he reached into his pack and pulled out two massive Hershey's chocolate bars. He put one on the ground and then drew back a little, unwrapping his and biting into it desperately. He closed his eyes and focused only on his tongue, trying to drown his mounting stress in the taste, the flavor, in the artificial love still bitter with the tang of tinfoil.

"Eat up," muttered Simon, grabbing the other and tossing it to Kari. "I've got a few more."

He didn't want to avoid the problem. He just wanted to forget about it for a little while.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Why do you think I tossed it your way?!" Simon growled, over a mouthful of chocolate. He immediately regretted saying it; it wasn't her fault that she hadn't grasped the full, horrific reality of this island. Hell, Simon's little entourage (and where had Kari gone? Where had he lost her?) hadn't come face to face with true horror yet, they were merely waiting for the inevitable hammerstroke.

He lowered his chocolate. "Look," he said.

And then she did it.

She reached for her collar, fingered it for a moment. A peculiar expression gripped her face, and she looked between the three of them in turn, smiling oddly. Simon watched her warily; what was she thinking? Had she realized how intense the game was? Had she realized how endangered all of them were, at this moment?

"Goodbye," she said.

BOOM.

Wha-

What the-?

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Simon yelled, jerking backwards, unable to tear his eyes from the bloody crater that had, a few seconds ago, been Hermione's neck. There was a loud thud a ways away; it took Simon a moment to realize that was the sound of her head, blown clean off, hitting the ground somewhere far away.

"I...god," he started, bile rising in his throat. "Oh god, I..."

Jesus.

He staggered out of their little lean-to and prepared to vomit, but before he could quite manage it he heard a voice, calling Rein's name. His nerves already firing, Simon whirled about and drew his gun. He threw up a little as he rose, sending a trickle of bile coursing from the corner of his mouth before he'd quite had time to swallow it.

"D-don't move!" he barked.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[Sorry for skipping, SRJJJB, but as it's been two weeks sine your last post]

A friend.

Gary said he was a friend. Rein's friend. Hadn't Rein wanted to find a Gary? How luck, then, that he had stumbled itno the midst of their group. Stumbled into them, into the smoking corpse of...

Aw, Christ.

He looked down at her body. Immediately wanted to jerk his eyes away but force himself to look at the clumsily severed wound, the jagged tears reaching down to her chest and blackened skin where the explosion had charred it.

Death. She was dead. Dead as any deer Simon had ever shot down, dead by her own had. Was there any difference, really, between the corpse of a girl and the corpse of a deer.

Big difference.

What? What's the difference?

She was a girl.

He grunted, looked down at the gun in his hand--the gun still pointed after Gary, who had turned and walked away as confident as could be. Did he have that much faith in Simon? Did he really believe...

Well, why shouldn't he? They had only the word of Danya that their fellow students had turned. Gary still believed in him.

Carol had already left. Were they going to lose her? Lose her like that had lost Kari?

Are you gonna someone get hurt before your eyes again?

"Rein, come on," he growled, and went loping after Carol and Gary.

[Simon Grey concluded in Lean on Me.]

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply