Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Missing Those Lost; En route to Parish
Topic Started: Sep 23 2010, 11:59 PM (3,904 Views)
selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
((Hermione Miller comes in from My Kingdom for a Plan!))

Hermione had definitely seen better days. She was completely exhausted, having only stopped to sleep under a tree somewhere when she couldn’t take another step. The coldness of the night air and the unfamiliar sounds of the forest made it difficult for her to sleep comfortably, reducing what should have been a restful night into a series of short catnaps interrupted by moments of panicked wakefulness.

Reaching into her bag, Hermione pulled out a compact, opening it up to reflect her face in the mirror. She had already wiped off most of her makeup during the previous day’s travels, but some traces of running mascara remained – so much for Neverfail colour locking technology. Hermione wiped the rest of the makeup off with a moist towelette, noting the heavy bags under her eyes. She pulled out a cream and dabbed it under her eyes, rubbing it in to ensure that her skin had time for it to soak in.

She took a few moments out to brush out her hair and tie it neatly into a ponytail, using a few pins here and there to secure any stray hairs. Considering the weather, any other tubes of makeup she had with her would have melted by now, but Hermione managed to locate a tube of clear shimmer lipgloss, which she used to moisten and nourish her lips.

Her morning rituals completed, Hermione got to her feet and staggered on through the forest, until she reached a clearing. She noticed the presence of other students and waved to them, blithely ignoring Danya’s announcement and his lists of the dead/dying.

“Heeeeey! Heeey!” she called out.
Old v4 player.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
Hermione grinned and ignored Simon's statement, or perhaps she didn't quite hear him where she was standing. Instead, she trotted up towards the group, big smile in place.

"Hey everyone! Wow, I thought I wasn't going to see anyone at all!" she said, "Didn't sleep so well last night. I guess camping isn't my thing, right? Still, I can't wait for breakfast! Normally, I wouldn't eat camp food, but... I'm starving."

She lowered her voice a little, "Are we playing hide and seek? Is that why you don't want me to yell?"

((Guys, we really need to get this thread moving. I have PMed all involved. I need to get Hermione killed before the cutoff date and we're running quite late now.))
Edited by selphie_trabia, Oct 6 2010, 07:02 PM.
Old v4 player.

selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
Hermione frowned, then moved over to where the other students were, “Oh, sorry about that. I didn’t know you were in a bad mood.”

She gave the other students a look over. Carol seemed quite all right, but her eyes were tinged with red, as if she’d been crying. The other two students she noticed were male, but Hermione wasn’t quite able to place them in her mental hierarchy. Her mind didn’t seem to be firing on all cylinders, given how tired she was - too tired to even figure out their names let alone figure out what their social status was.

She gave Carol a concerned look, “Do you have a headache? You’ve been crying... Oh... Did someone hurt you? Did you boys hurt Carol?”

Before she could continue, something about what Carol said gave her pause, "Uhm... what announcement? Was there an announcement?"

Truth be told, Hermione had heard the announcement, then promptly and purposefully forgot it. She simply couldn't, or didn't allow herself to, process anything that had to do with the games.
Edited by selphie_trabia, Oct 7 2010, 05:57 PM.
Old v4 player.

selphie_trabia
The faceless fear
[ *  *  * ]
((Sorry for self-terminating, but I can’t wait any longer. I know that most of you are away, but I don't want to attract the ire of the mods, especially after the second annoucement has been made. Sorry guys.))

Hermione smiled as she watched the three eat. Her stomach rumbled with slight hunger. Even the cheap Hershey’s bar looked delicious to her right now.

“Wow. Those look really good! Can I have one?” she asked politely.

She heard a buzzing noise. A mosquito was buzzing in her ear. She waved it away, but the persistent little creature kept coming. Eventually, it managed to land a bite on her neck. Hermione scratched the itching spot, her fingers coming into contact with the collar on her neck. She ran her fingers along the band, frowning slightly, as if it were the first time she’d felt the collar.

She knew what it was for.

Since leaving the initial group she found herself with, she had been alone – yelled at by other students for being stupid or, as the case of this group, barely tolerated by them. Hermione examined the students in front of her, looking from one to another. They were all looking at her in the same way – as if she were some freak sent to kill them or some fool who simply didn’t know what was going on. There was something about the look in their eyes that made her feel uneasy, that look that showed that they wouldn’t trust her forever.

It dawned on Hermione that her school life was over.

Suddenly, she could see her life stretching out in front of her. She saw herself standing on runways, modelling clothes for fashion designers and then, as she looked at the audiences in front of her, she saw the empty, mistrusting eyes of the students in front of her...

...and she hated it.

And suddenly, she realised that no matter where she went, whether it were on this island or on the runways of the Paris fashion show, people would always look at her the same way. They wouldn’t trust her because she was pretty or they'd take advantage of her because she was stupid. She wouldn’t be able to make meaningful relationships. Most of all, she realised that no matter what she did, she would always be stupid. She hated being stupid, knowing that no matter how hard she worked, people would always make fun of her behind her back.

Hermione fiddled with her collar for a few moments. Under normal circumstances, Hermione might not have done this, but three days spent alone with little to no rest, food or water meant that she wasn't thinking rationally.

“Goodbye.” she said.

She smiled brightly at the group of students in front of her, wrapped her fingers underneath the collar and pulled it off.

Female Student No. 019, Hermione Susan Miller, Deceased
Edited by selphie_trabia, Oct 11 2010, 05:57 AM.
Old v4 player.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply