Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Missing Those Lost; En route to Parish
Topic Started: Sep 23 2010, 11:59 PM (3,830 Views)
Yossarian
Member Avatar
evolved into EPIC Yossarian
[ *  *  * ]
((Gary Griffith continued from Twists and turns))

Even though he didn't really pass that much of the terrain, Gary was terribly tired. Forced nap after inhaling the sleeping gas wasn't really a relaxing one, and later, his body had to be in constant movement just to stay alive. As he really wanted to avoid staying in the woods for anytime longer (mostly because of wild animals. If Danya was to be believed, there was a bear walking around the island), Gary tried to make as few stops as possible, and so, no rest for him again.

Finally, Gareth noticed the end of the treeline, and entered... Something that was also a forest some time ago. Gary was not an ecologist of any kind, but that kind of view just hurt his eyes. So many death, just so people could make wooden tables at best and toothpicks at worst. Disgusting. At least it would do as a resting place. Not really a good resting place, since he was in completely open area, but at least now, he'll have a chance to see the danger before it will be too late.

Gary quickly found a small pyramid made from logs, sat down and leaned his back on it. After a few minutes, when his stomach started demanding some food, Gary opened his daypack, bite off a few chunks of bread and drank some water. It was far from a nutritious meal, but Gary never really needed to eat a lot, so it was enough for him at least for a while.

Okay, so what now?

As he asked himself this question, another voice boomed in the distance. Some girl's voice. Yelling. Gary looked around himself, but didn't notice anything. Then, he looked behind the log pyramid and after a while he spotted a few human shapes in the distance. All of them were too far away for Gary to see their faces, but maybe that was better. After all, the last bigger group he met tried to kill him.

Instead of doing anything bold and/or stupid, Gary simply cleaned his glasses, as they got a bit dirty, and observed the situation from afar. If nothing wrong was about to happen, then maybe he will even approach the group, but for now? Better safe than sorry.

((Sidenote: Gary is only an observer here. Feel free to skip me in the queue until all the deal with Hermione is finished))
Edited by Yossarian, Oct 1 2010, 07:06 AM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:
B019 - Maxwell Crowe (In Transit) - Weapon: Auto Mag 180 (.44)
B068 - Michał 'Mike' Maszer (The Key) - Weapon: Cyanide Pill
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)
B078 - Gareth 'Gary Griffith (The Warehouse) - Weapon: Nightstick

V4 Dead: None (Yay!)

V5 (Hopefully): No ideas yet ;]

This is not a song, IT'S A SANDWICH!!!

Mah achievements:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yossarian
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
At first, Gary had troubles seeing anything thanks to his eyesight. Then, he had troubles hearing what people were talking thanks to the distance. Finally he had troubles BELIEVING, in what he actually managed to hear.

"...ly shoult................ You couldt drav atte... nd vid dat voice."

"Oh my God..."

Gary could've recognize that thick German accent anywhere. Rein. For sure, that's got to be him. Gary feared he won't have a chance to meet him again, before some bloodthirsty student will end either his life, and now... Just like that, he was there. Rein Bumgarner. Someone, who changed Gary's life for better. Someone, who shared Gary's best memories. Someone, who's life was saved a few times by Gary and vice versa. Someone, who was the only person, Gareth Griffith could really put his trust into. Someone, who was his best frie-

*KABOOM*

"HOLY...!"

Gary closed his eyes as the explosion blinded him for a moment. As his sight came back, he looked again at the group in the distance. Even from that far, he could see one shape missing and lots of scattered... Human body parts. Suddenly, Gareth felt like puking, and so he did. After returning some of the bread and crackers, Gary grabbed the water bottle from his daypack and began to drink it greedily to kill an awful taste in his mouth. A mistake, since too much of the liquid trying to force it's way toward the stomach, managed to cause an another vomit attack.

After calming down a bit, and this time rationally drinking the water, Gary looked again at the group. What happened? What caused that explosion? It couldn't possibly meant that Rein...

And if?

What if Rein and his group was responsible? After all, he already encountered two people with murderous intent. They were a high school students just like everyone else, and they were probably someone's best friends as well, and yet they wanted to kill Gary. So what could've stop Rein from giving in, like Nick and Teo?

Nothing. That was the worst part.

No, I refuse to believe in that. He didn't do it. I'm sure of it, and I'm going to prove it...

And there was only one way to prove it. Gareth Griffith, who only used his cowardice and over-carefulness to escape from danger so far, decided to do the most reckless thing possible - approach the group, which could be responsible for the death of... Whoever that, now unrecognizable, person was.

"R-Rein?"
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:
B075 - Robert 'Rob' Jenkins (In Transit) - Weapon: Kevlar Bulletproof Vest, M15 General Officers (.45 ACP)

Mah achievements:

Yossarian
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
((Ugh, writers block... Craptastic post ahoy))

Gary's head was filled with scary thoughts. Even if he did what he just did to clear all the doubts about his best friend being a killer, there was that small little gremlin in his head trying to discourage him. Hell, for a moment Gary was ready to run away, as one of the Rein's companions pointed A GUN at him. Gary froze in place for a little while, and Rein took that opportunity to hug him tightly.

And that was it. That was the answer he wanted to hear, even though he didn't ask any question. That girl who just exploded? Probably suicide or some weird accident. The guy with the gun? Probably just shocked and overcareful. Rein? Probably the biggest good guy on the entire planet. Gary quickly wrapped his arms around the German and put his head on his shoulder.

"Oh my God, Rein... "I knew it couldn't be you. I... I saw that girl..." He stopped right there as he felt another wave of bile coming toward his throat, and that would be the worst moment to vomit ever recorded.

Gary freed himself from Rein's embrace, and looked at the boy holding a gun and the girl telling them to go. He couldn't agree with her more. But before that, he had to calm the guy.

"My name's Gary." He said to Simon. "I'm Rein's friend and I mean no harm."

The black haired boy looked at the dead body again, and quickly shifted his look back toward his best friend.

"Rein... Let's go somewhere else, okay?"

And with those words, Gary started walking toward the forest line. For the first time since waking up in the Warehouse, his face was showing a giant smile. It seemed like everything was going to be okay now...

((Gary Griffith continued in Lean On Me))
Edited by Yossarian, Dec 22 2010, 02:57 AM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

V4 Alive:

Mah achievements:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply