Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cold, Wet, and Tired
Topic Started: Sep 22 2010, 09:13 PM (1,819 Views)
Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
(OOC: This is a Day 2 thread; it has been posted as the other thread here is both a Day 1 thread and is just pending post-outs)

((Tyler Franklin continued from Obstacles In Our Path))

Tyler Franklin's first day had not gone much better for him after his first encounter with another person. Not knowing how Danya would handle it, he'd opted not to run into anyone if he could help it. By his best guess, he could last at least two days, possibly three, with the food and water that he began with plus that which he acquired. Hell, he was glad he'd packed a bit of beef jerky in his bag as well...that would make things a hair less bland.

But waiting for the announcement was hell all the same. When it came, he was relieved that his name didn't come up. Not that the incident would go unnoticed by others, but at least he didn't have to worry about the whole island knowing who he was and what he'd done. He allowed himself to relax just a little bit.

Still, he was alone and didn't have a gun. So he made it a point to try and stick to areas that were relatively isolated from his classmates. That meant the mountain, some parts of the woods...or the key that he noticed on his map. Deciding that the latter was perhaps the most isolated he could get to hunker down in for a while (the cover was less than ideal, but there was just enough of a low dune to lay low behind without being noticed, as well as a precious bit of scrub), Tyler made his way there.

It took a lot of walking, it took walking through water and mud, but Tyler got there about an hour after the announcement on Day 2. Getting on the key, he noticed the sailboat, but also noticed that it was a wreck quickly enough (not that he got too hopeful upon seeing it...one thing he'd decided from watching the show is that Danya wasn't that dumb). So he just hunkered down, moving some sand around above the high tide line to give him a place where he could watch anyone coming in unobserved, and waited...
Characters:
David Anderson (deceased)
Tyler Franklin (deceased)
Bill Davis (not dead yet...but soon!)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
SOTF_Help
Sep 23 2010, 11:38 PM
Hey, Anderson, we'd really appreciate it if you got staff permission before bending rules like this. If you have it, please toss it in your post. Otherwise, please contact an admin for permission regarding exceeding thread limits. Thanks!
OOC: I forgot to mention specifically, but I did contact Crash about this through PM in chat.
Characters:

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Tyler saw people coming his way. More people.

Ok, it's not just one. I can't take three people at once even if I get the drop on them. Not without a gun or something.

Looking over the group carefully, Tyler assessed them for a long moment before carefully emerging from his cover.

"Uh, hey, guys..."

Tyler made a bit of a gesture brushing the sand off his pants. He didn't sense that he was in any danger. He still had the tire iron visible, but he'd managed to stick it between his belt and his jeans...not an ideal placement, but not horrible: If someone pulled a gun on him, he was dead anyway, and he was confident he could pull it in time if he got into a fight.

That said, he didn't want to say too much, didn't want to give away too much.

A group? Might not be the worst thing in the world. I'd rather be alone, but...having someone else around in a fight? I could work with that, at least for now.

"How're you doing?"

The way he asked the question, Tyler seemed to be questioning the question as much as asking it. He hadn't had a talk with anyone since he'd gotten on the bus...whenever they did. However long ago that was, it'd been a while.

Hey, nobody caught me by surprise...that counts for a lot...
Characters:

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Tyler raised his hands in surprise at Evelyn's outburst.

“Well, I don’t know about them,” she said in a sickly sweet tone, waving an encompassing arm at the other girls, “But I got to walk all night after watching another person burn to death. So I’m just fan-fucking-tastic.” Evelyn snarled.

“But I don’t know you, and you sure as HELL don’t know me,” she ground out. “So let’s cut the bullshit and how about you just tell me what you want before you make me do something you'll regret?”

"Hey, hold on a minute here! I didn't do anything to you!" Tyler isn't sure whether to be angry or frustrated or...what. "I'm trying to be civil, you know?" Civil? That thing people try to be to one another when they're not killing eachother?

Jessica and Alex are a bit more relaxed, though...not attacking him (well, verbally) right off. "Hey, Jessica, Al...Alex? Yeah...not attacking sounds good. I think we can do that." He smiles (a bit forced, but...what isn't forced these days?) and gestures for them all to sit.

"Not that I'm enjoying this 'game' any more than anyone else. I haven't seen anyone killed, so...I'd rather not think about that for now. 'specially if we're about to, you know, eat.

"So...uh, breakfast, then? For...three? Four?" The question is an indication to Evelyn that the temper flare is...something he'll overlook. He's not going to hold something like that against someone who clearly had a worse first day than he did.
Characters:

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
((OOC: Not waiting around to get blown up...))

IC:

"Shit." That's probably the mildest thing to come out of Tyler Franklin's mouth at the announcement. No, it's not at anyone getting killed or doing killing...it's that he's in one of the dangerzones now. "Shit...uh, let's do a rain check on the breakfast?"

Tyler shoves whatever he's got out back into his bag, muttering about his luck this week and all that jazz. His irritation isn't directed in any one direction, but it's clear that it's there as he grabs his stuff. He shoulders his bag after a moment, and takes off after Alex. "Let's go...somewhere else."

And like that, Tyler Franklin goes bounding off to get a safe distance from the Key. He's not sticking around for a first-hand demonstration of his collar...if his collar goes off, it's safe to say that he doesn't want to be anywhere nearby.

((Tyler Franklin continued elsewhere))
Edited by Anderson, Oct 11 2010, 11:12 AM.
Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Key · Next Topic »
Add Reply