Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cold, Wet, and Tired
Topic Started: Sep 22 2010, 09:13 PM (1,746 Views)
BetaKnight
Member Avatar
In some cultures, what I do is considered normal.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Evelyn Reed continued from The Right Thing for the Wrong Reasons))

Evelyn staggered forward, trying to maintain her balance. She had been on the move since yesterday’s assault on the gazebo, sleeping in short increments before moving again. At least when you were moving, it presented a harder target to hit.

When she started running, she had no clue where she was going. Anywhere other than the gazebo was preferable. Eventually, she found her way to the coastline. Since she could no longer go forward, she picked a direction and started walking. As she followed the coast, she heard the announcement and was glad that she was walking alone. "Sally’s gone. I saw that boy Daniel burn up. Staf’s gone and killed someone. But Staf is such a sweetie so I'm sure that other kid *really* deserved it,” she rationalized as she walked.

"I wonder if Staf has found Nik yet? Oh god, where are the useful people around here? So far all I’ve found is Janet, and we all know how useful *she* turned out to be."

Normal beach had transitioned into something that looked like the mangrove swamp from Jurassic Park. Evelyn briefly wondered if she’d have to worry about little chicken-sized dinosaurs running out of the shadows to swarm her with little venomous bites. Once she realized how absolutely ridiculous that thought was, she realized that sleep deprivation had set in. Being eaten by little dinosaurs? Grow up, Evelyn. What’s next? The boogeyman?

Finding nowhere suitable for a quick power nap, she had pressed on. Now, it seemed she had run out of land completely. Lifting her hand, Evelyn shaded her eyes as she stared out at the glittering sea. There’s nothing here. Nothing useful. A wave of despair swamped her, dropping her to her knees in the sand. Oh God. There’s nothing here. I really am going to die on this piece of rock, killed by some classless, godless heathen who always hated me because I made myself something more than they were.

Her vision blurred as tears filled her eyes. She doubled over, her hands resting on the tops of her thighs as she wept bitterly.
Version 5
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BetaKnight
Member Avatar
In some cultures, what I do is considered normal.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Evelyn started when she heard someone call out her name. Turning towards the sound, she spotted a brunette sporting a purple streak working her way towards her. ‘She obviously thinks she knows me. Should I know her? I think she plays on an unimportant sport like water polo or something.’

She wracked her brain, trying to come up with a name. ‘Alice? Nooooooo, it’s like a boys’ name. Maybe…Andi?’ The name thing became a non-issue seconds later as another girl made her less than graceful entrance. Evelyn tried to surreptitiously wipe the tears from her face. It was one thing to let her guard down around her friends. It was another to show weakness in front of regular students. Cheerleaders simply did not cry. It was not allowed.

Just as she was about to return the purple haired girl’s wave, a third unknown person crawled out of the sand like some kind of beach hobo. Evelyn could feel her lips curl back in revulsion as sand trickled off him. ‘Oh God, another one. Where do all of these nameless drones come from and why can’t I find my friends instead?

His next words did nothing to endear him to her. “Uh hey guys…How are you doing?”

The question was innocent enough but it was more than Evelyn could take.

“Seriously? ‘How are we doing?’” She threw back her head and laughed disdainfully. The morning sun quickly dried the tear tracks on her cheeks. And now that she was laughing, no one would be surprised to see any wetness on her face. “How are we doing!”

After a moment, she got the laughter under control. “Well, I don’t know about them,” she said in a sickly sweet tone, waving an encompassing arm at the other girls, “But I got to walk all night after watching another person burn to death. So I’m just fan-fucking-tastic.” The last word came out as a snarl.

Evelyn stood slowly, watching the boy carefully. He looked harmless enough, but then again, so did everyone at the gazebo. And according to the announcements, the Ishi-whatever girl had already racked up several kills. In less than twenty-four hours, the senior class of Bayview had embraced this sick scenario. “But I don’t know you, and you sure has HELL don’t know me,” she ground out. “So let’s cut the bullshit and how about you just tell me what you want before you make me do something you'll regret?”
Version 5
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Key · Next Topic »
Add Reply