Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sequoia Throne; Did you come here to kill, or did you come here to die?
Topic Started: Sep 21 2010, 08:30 PM (3,101 Views)
Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sapphire McLeod continued from Jack Sparrow Irony))

How long had Sapphire been running? It was too long. The sun had rose again, and with that announcements, people killed, the lighthouse being a dangerzone. She hoped that they had got out, that Stacy and Sarah wouldn’t come back. Her head was tired, her eyes wanted to shut, but she forced herself awake again. If she slept, they… they would get her.

Running through the trees, Sapphire gasped at the ice-cold air, starting to heat up in the rays of the sun. Turning her head around, she glanced behind her. There wasn’t anyone following, so why was she runnin-

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

With a loud scream, Sapphire tripped, rolling down a steep hill, sticks and stones ripping at her dress, her bag smashing into her stomach. At the end of the hill, she started to slow, spread out, dirty and scratched, her eyes closed. This couldn’t get any worse.

She opened her eyes again and looked to the side. A tall man was sitting down on a throne, looking down at her.

“…hi?”
B069 Ben Powell: That's a bout. Salute. Shake hands.
G052 Sapphire McLeod: The Youngest Was The Most Loved
G084 Eve Walker-Luther: The Prime Time Of Your Life

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
"...yeah. Could use some help."

Reaching up, Sapphire took the man's hand and forced herself back up. The man seemed friendly. Nothing dangerous on him. Heck, he was kind of cute in a fashion. With a wince she put her fingers through her hair, pulling out the twigs. Great, now she looked like something from the jungle. Then again, she kinda admired those stories, living independantly by yourself-

Getting sidetracked.

"Thanks... I'm friendly, name's Sapphire... You're Saul?" She swore she saw him one time during assembly or something. "Yeah, I have no idea why I was running like that... that was stupid. I... ahh..."

Frowning, she looked up at the large figure. "You're not playing, are you? I mean, you're not... hurting people?"

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
With a snort, Sapphire pulled out the electronic pet from her pocket. Something she could answer. "I'm a jewellery artist, very Christian and half the time I can't speak to anyone due to awkwardness. And to top it all off I got given a tamagotchi as a weapon. I don't think I'm player material."

Stretching upwards, she gave a smile. "Saul... I didn't know you from somewhere, did I." Her mind shuffled through people's faces and names, thinking. Oh well, she'd remember where he was from later. She proceeded to sit down on a part of the log and open her bag, getting out a bandaid. Lifting her dress up, she it on her cut knee. "Ach... stupid." Wincing, she took out a block of chocolate from her bag, cracking a corner off. Her last full block, from the looks of things. Must have dropped some at the lighthouse...

"Want some? It's good!" With a bright smile, she brought out her hand, offering a square or two.

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sapphire rolled her eyes as Saul looked away and giggled. They were on an island with potential killers, and here he was avoiding looking at her knees. Shaking her head, she bit into the chocolate and smiled. "Oh right, you were the husky!" she mumbled through her full mouth. Swallowing, she said it again, slightly easier to understand.

With a sigh, she looked back up into the trees. It was peaceful here. What would she be doing if she was at home? Beading? Watching TV? Would she be watching SotF at home if she didn't go on the trip? Watch her classmates die? No. She wouldn't be able to stand it. Sapphire used to wince at bones of things at museums, before she realised that they were plaster moulds. To see a body would probably make her freeze in shock, unable to move. And if it was by her own hands...

"We're really going to die here, aren't we?"

She closed her eyes.

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Giggling, Sapphire gave a nod at Saul and reopened her eyes. "Right! We can do this. We don't need to listen to that fat guy's orders!" Eating another block, she gave another laugh. For all the people on the island that could hurt her, there was an equal amount not wanting to at all.

"So... I reckon this place is a good base to hide, don't you? We could build a shelter or something, like on Survivor! I mean, unless you think walking around would be safer, right?" Twiddling with her necklace, Sapphire started to think. "It be easier to find friends if we walked around, wouldn't it? But then again, some people could find us that we don't want to meet." Scratching her chin, she ran though the choices. She really wanted to see Sarah and the blue-haired girl again, as well as some parts of the GODspeed club... although someone like Clio wouldn't be good to meet again, now that she thought about it.

"What do you think?"

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
And then out of nowhere, Saul broke down in front of her. Frowning, Sapphire looked at Saul deeply. "Hey, it's OK, Saul."

What had Saul been through to suddenly be like this? It wasn't like he was injured or anything... but then again, spiritual wounds didn't show any scars. What had he seen? Sapphire's vision blurred to faceless people with knives and guns, firing at friends, stabbing. Shaking this thought out, she tilted her head at Saul. A crying man who used to be the school mascot at games, had friends, family, a life. Did he have hobbies like her? Everyone had hobbies, didn't they. But she was digressing. Here was someone who had something wrong. And she could fix it.

Swallowing, she got up and hugged Saul tight.

"Let it all out. I'm listening."

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Killed. Death. Murder. Why else would someone cry? Your friend gone forever, and knowing that you could have stopped it-

Sapphire dragged her head up and looked into his face. "You don't know what could have happened if you stayed. It's in the past. You can't change it, and it's pointless thinking about changing it."

Words from her mother. How ironic. She would always say out thoughtful stuff like that at the drop of a hat. Was she growing up? That could be one way to put it, she thought. Be the mother figure.

Watching the 8-ball, she gave a swallow. That must have been his 'weapon', for a lack of a better word. With a small smile, she reassured Saul, saying "We're not listening to fat man," and pulling out her tamagotchi to show him. "We don't need to kill, and we're not going to die. We run, we hide from players, we find our friends and we find a way out of here."

Holding onto her necklace, she nodded slowly. "We can do this."

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sapphire gave a swallow at this. "Well, the first thing to go is the collars. If we get them off, we can walk through dangerzones and outside of the island radio thing." Adjusting her bracelets, she frowned. They didn't want to play around with their own collars. And definatly not others. She did have her jewellery case, so she was reasonably confident that if all else failed, she could probably prise it open with her still hands... But the question was who to operate it on.

"We need to find dead... Oh, this is going to sound stupid." Giving a nervous chuckle, she looked at Saul, trying to think how to word it. "We need to find bodies that still have the collar on. I've got my jewellery kit, so I reckon we can prise them open. The trick is to work out what sets off what through trial and error."

Stretching, she gave a hollow grin. "Maybe those peoples lives won't be given in vain after all."

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sapphire sighed and ran her fingers through her twisted hair, her bracelets clinking. Maybe it was insane, and would get them killed, or loose a finger. Closing her eyes and gripping onto her necklace tight, she thought deep, wondering why she could say such things, ask so much.

"We have to try."

Exhaling, she nodded. Try to escape, or die. "Saul, we have a week to live. Like it or not. I don't want to die wondering if I could have done it. I want to die knowing that I tried my hardest." Looking up with wet eyes, she gave out a pleading look.

"Don't you understand? We can pretend that someone is going to magically take us out of here, but it won't happen. We have to do it ourselves."

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Slowly, Sapphire smiled.

"T-thankyou... for trusting me..."

Giggling, she gave a wide grin. Yes. They could do it. All they needed to do was try. Besides, she wasn't going to give up that easily. It would take more than being marooned on an island to beat this girl. Stretching out, she grinned and punched the air in joy.

"Well, why don't we rest up a bit longer here, then go walking. I need a bit more chocolate, and I think we're going to need a bigger plan than this first off."

Sitting down and getting out the last block of chocolate and her map from her bag, she sat down and started to think...

[[Sapphire McLeod continued in "Can You Hear Me Now?"]]
Edited by Dropbear, Mar 27 2011, 06:38 PM.

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: South · Next Topic »
Add Reply