Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Man-slut, the Cocktease and the Lover
Topic Started: Sep 19 2010, 05:19 PM (4,170 Views)
Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
{{continued from All That I've Ever Known}}

And then, a moment later, Ethan would be able to feel a sleeping Duncan roll over behind him, throwing an arm over him and spooning.

"Maria..." Duncan mumbled, and fortunately did nothing else, at least until a while later when he opened his eyes and sleepily looked around, taking a moment to realize what he was going.

"OOOOHJesushell." Duncan rolled away with a quickness, and winced as he hit his head on the tunnel wall. This day was just going splendidly. At least he had something that could be vaguely called a weapon now, and Maria was still alive, and apparently hadn't killed anybody. And nobody in his party had gone insane and tried to kill anybody else, either.

Right, it could almost make you forget about the fact that you're still trapped on an island where you're more than likely die some brutal, horrible death eventually. With fire. Because that's always fun.

Sitting up and rubbing the back of his head, he looked out towards the entrance of the tunnel. "So...what are we doing today?"
Posted Image
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is MORPHIN' TIME!

V5 hopefuls:
Hiro Fukuyama: "N-n-no, I-I'm not scared."
Lucy Rosenberg: "If you're looking for friends, I don't think I can help you with that."
Angus McDonald: "To hell with you! If anyone here deserves to live, it's me!"

The Dead

banthesun

She wanted those horrible metal balls to stop banging against her legs

ZombiexCreame

But would Celeste even want help from a guy that whips out his pistol without a second thought?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
“Duncan, I’m not that kind of girl. If you wanna do that, dinner first. So for this place, it means go catch a fish or something and we’ll talk.”

"Huh?" It took Duncan's groggy brain a moment to process what Ethan said, but as soon as he did, his face turned beet red. "W-hey, I-I didn't mean to...I mean, I was sleeping, a-and I guess I..." He sighed. Indeed, this day was just going so well. Looking down at Ethan, he noticed what he and Feo were doing, and shifted uncomfortably, suddenly feeling like a third wheel. Maybe he should...go out and have a look around, see if there weren't any people sneaking around, waiting for an opportunity to strike. Or something.

Fortunately, the sound of footsteps gave him the excuse to do just that. Picking up the sharpened stick he'd prepared last night. He took a few steps towards the back of the tunnels before he caught sight of two girls just coming out from around the corner.

"Uh, hey." Duncan said, showing his masterful skill in the art of conversation. "You're not playing are you? Because we're not playing, and...uh, if none of us are playing, that'd be really great and...uh, stuff." Looking over towards his stick he was holding out, he quickly tried to hold it in a less threatening manner as he realized he might've been giving the wrong impression.

"Oh, uh...this. This is because I got a really, really bad weapon. We all did. So...uh, we ended up making these. They're not all that good..." As he talked, he realized, what if the two of them WERE playing? He was making himself look like a total pushover. He probably SHOULD appear at least a little threatening.

"...b-but if somebody attacked me, I'm sure I could fend them off with it. I-I'm not afraid to use it!" Taking a closer look at the girls, the two of them didn't really seem like players. Maybe he was just overreacting, and only really just scaring the crap out of them. He had to admit, if he had just gotten up, and one of the first people he encountered was waving a sharpened stick in his face, he'd be worried. Hell, he'd gotten even WORSE yesterday with that fucking dynamite.

"B-but you're not going to attack, right? Here, I'll just..." Duncan let go of the stick, which clattered loudly as it hit the ground. Then he realized how much of a stupid decision he had made. What if they really WERE playing?

Way to just disarm yourself like that, idiot. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you today?
Edited by Super Llama, Sep 27 2010, 03:30 AM.
Posted Image
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is MORPHIN' TIME!

V5 hopefuls:
Lucy Rosenberg: "If you're looking for friends, I don't think I can help you with that."

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

But would Celeste even want help from a guy that whips out his pistol without a second thought?

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh great, and now you made her cry.

Duncan couldn't help but feel guilty as the girl fell down and assumed the fetal position. She was obviously scared out of her mind, and he had only made things worse with this threats.

"Uh, h-hey, it's okay." He said, stepping up and kneeling down beside her when he heard somebody else antagonizing her. One of the Fiamettas, right? He didn't really know anything about them, other than that they were triplets, but this one seemed like a bitch, with a capital...capital bitch.

"What the fuck did I do to you, you stupid cunt?!"

Duncan really wished that she'd shut the hell up, she was only making things worse.

"Hey, are you even fucking listening to me?"

Seriously, just shut up.

"I'm fucking talking to you, listen to me!"

"Look, will you just shut u-" Duncan began to snap at the Fiametta girl when she was suddenly shoved aside by yet another girl, clothes covered in all kinds of muddy crap and...wait a second, was that blood? Holy shit, this girl's clothes was covered in it, and there was this horrible smell coming from her. As a kid, he remembered spotting a dead possum on the side of the road, stomach torn open and this godawful smell coming from it. It made him sick to his stomach, and it gave him nightmares for weeks.

That's exactly what she smelled like. Fresh roadkill.

Hell, she was even holding a knife in her hand. If she didn't look like a textbook example of the kind of psycho killer Danya was probably looking for, he didn't know WHAT was. Duncan ALMOST scrambled the hell away, leaving the other girl on the ground to the psycho-looking girl's machinations, but he felt as if his legs were glued to the floor. He just couldn't abandon this girl, even if he couldn't really do a damn thing for her.

The psycho-looking girl kneeled down in front of them. Fuck, this was it. She was going to gut the two of them, wasn't she? Why the hell did he have to drop his stick? Out of desperation, Duncan readied himself to hurl a punch in the girl's direction when she...

Put the knife away.

...wait, what?

Duncan was taken completely by surprise as the psycho-looking girl leaned in and whispered something to the girl on the ground. He could pick up something about an escape plan. Wait, did she really have one? How did he know this wasn't some kind of trap, to lead them around until she was in a better position to off the three of them? Duncan wasn't ready to trust someone who looked and smelled like she just walked out of a slaughterhouse after rolling around in the goods.

"Hey, wait a minute, who the hell are you?" Duncan said, resting a hand against the prone girl's shoulder in the most reassuring way he could. He didn't know why, but like with Feo back at the sawmill, he felt this urge to make sure she was safe.
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
Duncan was understandably surprised as the girl on the floor suddenly scrambled behind him. "W-huh?" He said, face turning a light shade of red for a moment before he refocused on the task at hand: making sure the Bloody Mary girl didn't try anything. When she heard Feo claiming the girl's oar, he looked over, ready to say something along the lines of "Hey, that's her's! You should give it back!" But then he realized that Feo seemed ready and capable of using it, while its actual owner was currently a frantic pile of nerves. It might have been the frantic girl's weapon, but if she stuck around the others could use it better than s-

Aaaand she was gone.

Duncan got up as he could hear the frantic girl running away. "Hey, wait!" He was torn between staying with the group and running off after her. The poor girl was one hostile encounter away from a total nervous breakdown, and now she didn't even have anything to defend herself with. After a brief moment's deliberation, he looked towards Ethan and Feo.

"Sorry, I have to g-"

He was cut off mid-sentence by that familiar obnoxious screech, and the familiar bastard behind it. His thoughts of chasing after the frantic girl as he listened; something he really didn't want to do, but once again he forced himself to, so he could keep track of who he needed to avoid like the plague.

"Speaking of the highlight reel, Maria Graham showed some real flair in taking out Francine Moreau. Let's just say that deep fried Moreau has joined Vaughan at our little take out."

...and apparently one of them was Maria.

No. No, what? That couldn't have been right. Duncan just couldn't help but stare dumbly in the direction of where he thought the nearest speaker was. Maria killed someone? Hell, not just killed, set on fire? No, that can't be it. There must of been something else to it. Maria just wouldn't do something like that. Granted, there seem to be a lot of people who wouldn't seem like they'd do something like that, but...

"Uh..." Duncan started. "...I-I don't suppose there are two Maria Grahams in our class, are there?"
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

Super Llama
Member Avatar
STILL THE BEST 1973
[ *  *  *  * ]
The others weren't willing to humor him, and it soon begun to sink in that no, there were no other Maria Grahams. This was HIS Maria Graham he was hearing about, horribly burning somebody to death. Did she really give in to the game?

No, no of course she didn't give into the game! She wasn't like that! She wouldn't go around murdering people! Especially not on the second day!

But then again, he'd had enough exposure to this game to know how about it changed people. About how the most sweet, innocent people you've ever met could be ready and willing - hell, even EAGER - to put a bullet in your head by the end. He shouldn't be surprised that Maria killed someone. That's just what the game does to peopl-

NO! What the hell was he doing already deciding that she was a murderer!? There had to be other circumstances. Maybe that Francine girl was trying to attack her and she ended up killing her in self defense. Burning her alive in self defense...

Dammit, Duncan just couldn't think straight on the matter, and by the time he came back to his surroundings the others were gone, leaving just the Fiametta girl on her way out, tossing out an insult at him on her way out, which irritated him.

"Yeah, well...fuck you, too." He mumbled to himself. It looked like they were parting ways now. It was even more imperative than before that he find Maria, and figure out what happened. And if it turned out that she'd decided to play the game...

{{continued in Fountain of Youth}}
Edited by Super Llama, Oct 26 2010, 05:43 PM.
Posted Image

V5 hopefuls:

The Dead

banthesun

ZombiexCreame

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Add Reply