Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Watch Your Step; Open, Morning of Day 2
Topic Started: Sep 16 2010, 05:57 PM (4,881 Views)
xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
((Acacia Salinger continued from Orientation))

They had walked all night. Well, not quite, but it felt like a significant chunk of it, with only snatched hours of rest here and there. They had heard the announcement, names she recognised, read out on the list of the dead. Names she recognised read out on the list of killers too. She was relieved that Alex's name hadn't been read out, she had no idea how she would have dealt with her grieving twin in that situation. Nineteen people dead, many of whom were probably stronger, and brighter than she was. It was all fluke, all luck. She could easily have wandered into the path of one of the apparent maniacs who were killing people left, right and centre. But she hadn't. And now they were...

Where were they? She'd been completely useless on the navigating front for a while now, instead blindly following Roman and trusting his sense of direction, without any confirmation as to how good that was. Apparently, no very. They'd vaguely agreed, once they'd figured out what direction they were going in, that they should head towards the Residential Areas marked on the map. There might be soft beds and shelter there. But apparently they'd taken a wrong turning somewhere, as looming above them was a sign saying "Hall of Mirrors".

Failing to stifle a yawn as Roman said something about going wrong, no shit, sherlock, she came up beside him to look at the map and see where he was pointing. She nodded several times, cocking her head slightly to one side. The sign above the door certainly seemed to match up to the text on the map (which now that she thought about it, wasn't especially detailed, so perhaps she could forgive him for going wrong and leading them towards this creepy place rather than a nice warm house) so at least they knew where they were. She didn't even like funfair's that much. Especially not abandoned ones.

The morning light was fairly chilly and she shuddered suddenly.
"I vote inside," she said, her voice croaky from lack of use. "Anyone coming in might be confused by the mirrors and not be able to find us anyway.

She put her hand on the doorknob and carefully swung the door open, holding the gun out in front of her in her right hand, which as the door creaked open she supported with her left, the ways she'd seen cops on TV doing it, and hoped to God that she didn't look stupid. There wasn't anyone in immediate view from the door, and she turned to Roman with s shrug.
"Shall we look around, see if anyone's here?" she said softly.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
"Why on earth did you say that? You just tempted fate and there’s something in there and if we go inside, it’s going to claw us to death and wear our skin for hats!”

"I- Fate doesn't exist!" Acacia uttered, indignant, though the scream had spooked her somewhat. She took a few steps away from the door, lowering the gun to point to the floor, her eyes staring widely into the black abyss that was the Hall of Mirrors. There was something in there, but she didn't want to know what it was. Especially not if it was going to turn her into a hat, that would be beyond uncool. "And anyway..."

She was cut off by Simon deciding to run past them a few metres away and hurtle into the wall, before turning round and singking to the ground. This was topped off by the fact that there was something sticking out of his leg. The way he stared at it, not appearing to be in pain, concerned her somewhat, and it took a few seconds in the hazy morning light to figure out who he was. In the mean time she clutched at Roman.

"Oh my God!" she said with a sharp intake of breath, as her eyes were focussing. There was a strange lack of blood, not that she would have minded. She'd tested her blood multiple times a day for as long as she could remember; blood was not an issue. But no blood where theyre should be blood; that was something strange. Pausing, not knowing what to do, she stood blankly, the gaping mouth of the building basically forgotten in the sudden arrival of... Simon Telamon.

His name was familiar. Having let go of Roman, she then clutched at him again, briefly, before taking a couple of jogging steps towards the boy, pulling her hair all around to one side as though she was about to tie it up into a low side ponytail (but without actually doing so).

"He's the kid with a fake leg!" Acacia said, unable to hide a small amount of excitement from her voice. Having taken three steps and come into fairly cose contact already, she stopped short, looking shy all of a sudden. It seemed like a strange place to introduce oneself. "Hey!" she said, more cheerfully than she intended, and immediately rearranged her face into something that showed more concern. "I mean, are you okay? Uh... is there anything we can do?" motioning to Roman as well in the last part, without seeking his approval.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

xylophonefairy
Member Avatar
gubernaculum
[ *  *  * ]
Acacia blinked as suddenly people started appearing from nowhere, over the hills, around the corner. Why were they all here? It was good to see Thea and Autumn though, friends from the team, their presence added a bizzarre sense of normalcy to the proceedings; she saw them every day, in all kinds of settings. Different schools in the state, unfamiliar places. If it weren't for everyone else and the fact that she was still holding her gun, she could possibly have just about convinced herself that they were at an away game... in the middle of nowhere... with some free time to visit a funfair...

Wincing as Thea cut down Simon with a well placed cheerleader style insult, Acacia stepped back a little bit. That had always been one of the more uncomfortable parts of being a cheerleader for her, the fact that it was almost a requirement to look down on everyone else. Generally, she tried to stay out of it, though it was difficult, when sometimes what was being said was so true. This was just pointless. She opened her mouth to speak, just as Thea stalked out of the scene, and Acacia closed her eyes for a moment (she figured she could get away with this, she had a gun after all).

"For God's sake," she muttered, just loud enough for everyone to hear. "We're all equal here." Unconsciously she looked towards the weapon that was dangling, nonchalant in it's danger, from her right hand. But some are more equal than others... Roman was talking to her, suggesting that they get out of there, and she wholeheartedly agreed. But it was difficult for her to sneak away as subtly, being stood pretty much in the middle of the group that was crowded around Simon. Nodding to Roman in agreement, she melted into the group.

"Excuse me, I just want to get a bit of air. Claustrophobic, you know," she added by means of explanation, motioning to the crowd of people. Autumn would quite possibly know that that was total crap, but she didn't really care. Catching up to Roman, Acacia put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm coming," she said softly, glancing behind her briefly to see if anyone had decided to join them.

((Acacia Salinger continued in Living In The Aftermath))
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run

v4 nostalgia

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Hall of Mirrors · Next Topic »
Add Reply