Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
The Prime Time Of Your Life; Private
Topic Started: Sep 15 2010, 05:59 AM (3,264 Views)
Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]

((Eve Walker-Luther continued from The start of something truly absurd))

And then the speakers screamed, jumping Eve awake with a swear.

"Shit."

How long had she been sleeping for? All the way through the night, at least. She had walked for half the night until she had to stop. Well, the top of a cliff was a perfect stopping point. And she was exhausted. She needed to sleep, people trying to kill her be damned. After having her child, walking was harder than ever, sleeping a luxury.

Countless phone calls had been received, stations checked and checked again, people met and discussed. And to be completely honest, Jack was at wits end. This was a nightmare. No. It wasn't even deserving of being called a nightmare. He had called in the parents on both sides to help look after Octavia while he kept watching and ringing other parents of students, the government agencies trying to solve everything.
Her child. Eve felt a wave of guilt go over her. How the hell did she let this happen? Jack... Would he be watching her on TV, wondering as well? Could they have stopped this somehow? He said that he wanted her to relax, but… he still had that doubt, didn't he? Jack didn't think he'd be a good father at all. He always jokingly said that. He'd be thinking to himself what he could have done to had make her stay.

Frustrated, he slammed down the phone again. No-one knew what was going on. They couldn't even turn off the TV signals sending the sho- No. The terrorist attack. It wasn't a show. Not anymore. It was an execution. He had been up all night, watching people he had seen before. Murdered.

But it did happen. She went. And so she was sitting on top of a cliff-face, watching the sun rise over the water as the speakers went back to a deep sleep. Her life now destined to go though another day of tropical hell.

He should have stopped her. Should have stopped her from going. It was all his fault.
She chuckled.

"It's not your fault, Jack. I wanted to go somewhere relaxing..."

He span and turned around. The TV. She knew what he was thinking?

Then again, she always knew.

He let out an empty chuckle.

B069 Ben Powell: That's a bout. Salute. Shake hands.
G052 Sapphire McLeod: The Youngest Was The Most Loved
G084 Eve Walker-Luther: The Prime Time Of Your Life

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Resting her back against a tree, Eve watched the sun go higher. What was the time now? She had lost her watch somewhere, and her brain had always been wanting breakfast all the time. With a hard shrug, she bit into a cracker she pulled out before, chewing. It was quiet. For once, she just listened to the wind flowing through the woods, the crash of waves below.

And then there was a snap, a very familiar voice. Quickly she turned around, giving a gasp. “Sarah? Wow, never thought I’d see you again.” The camera girl. She had filmed her dancing a few times, occasionally met on the street. Not friends, but close enough, an agreement. Giving a smile, she took the bottle of water and nodded. “Thanks… you OK? You look a bit pale, you know.” Slowly she raised an eyebrow before taking a large gulp of the water. Looking closer at Sarah, she gave another gasp as she saw the dried blood on her face. “What happened?”

Jacob slowly frowned and stretched out on the couch. It was Sarah Atwel, all right. He had met her once before, before dancing, filming. She wanted to be a director or go into movies, a camerawoman. But here… here she just looked different. Like she was acting to a crowd, the conman…
He widened his eyes and gave a moan.
“Eve… nonono…”

She took another drink and blinked. Was it just her or did the blood… move? Eve tilted her head slightly, the blood moving with her… “What’s… going on…?” Leaning to the left, she slowly started to sway, before giving a yelp as the ground came up to meet her. The water bottle flew through the air, going side down and slowly pouring into the earth. The pain didn’t register. It was getting harder to think. Think. Come on, think.

Her. Sarah did it. Somehow… The… water… it didn’t taste that good, did it?

Eve widened her eyes.

“Sarah?”

Swearing, he got up to his feet, scrambling over to a laptop and searching. Ketomine from the infirmary. There wasn’t any other reason why she would collapse like that. She was quickly succumbing to the drug as he read. Hallucinations, numbing of nerves, sleepiness… it all depended on how much was in the bottle. He gave another moan. This wasn’t happening. Couldn’t be.
Player. Attack. Now. Eve scrambled to the side of her bag, her body now aching to sleep, to rest. Feeling the metal grip of the sword, she stumbled forwards, clambering up, overbalancing, taking exaggerated steps, everything suddenly becoming a blur. She span around. Sarah… she didn’t… she wouldn’t…

She saw the motion. The tanned demon, black spikes behind her. Giving a yell, Eve ran forward and swung, the blade giving a zing through the air.

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
And then she was falling...

oh god oh god don't kill her please nononono i love her not like this nonono
The time seemed to tick on forever as that blade brushed Eve's neck, so close to taking away her soul before... the person frowned and put it away. Went to eat.

Jack gasped for air. He didn't realise he was holding onto his breath. What on earth was Sarah doing? She could have killed her. Right then and there...

And then his jaw dropped as everything went to hell.

"You sick fuck..."

Everything was blurred. It was like looking through a curtain, a veil of darkness. Giving a moan, she rose a hand to wipe the veil away...

...before realising that her hand wasn't moving. Eve frowned. Why wasn't it moving? She turned her head to see her hand tied up with something blue. Her other hand tied up as well on the other side. She tried to kick her legs, but nothing would dance...

"Welcome back."

Eve twisted her head up to see a blur of emotion, of something normal, yet... not quite there. Giving a half choke and trying to swallow with her dry, sandy mouth, she gave an incomprehensible gargle. Who was this person to hold her like this? She had rights, she had the right to dance, she wanted to dance again...

And then she felt the hand on her face, and everything snapped into focus.

"Sarah..."

She gritted her teeth and glared at her. The bitch had drugged her! And tied her up! With her own clothes- oh god i'm naked- wait, i've got my underwear on nevermind. Well, at least it was clean white underwear and not her polkadot- oh shit it's polkadot fuck fuck fuck.

"You bitch..."

Snarling, she struggled against the bonds, twisting her body. "Oh, so just because I have a child... I'm a danger to society now? Hah... that's a fucking laugh..." Finally, her mouth seemed to be working, all senses turning back on. She could feel the cold rock against her spine, hear the waves rushing under her, smell her own slightly drugged breath. Rotating her head, she could see the red blink of the camera recording, her own naked body against the rock, and she gave a small roar, trying to pull herself up.

"You're insane! What are you doing? WHY?!"

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Eve widened her eyes and gave a small yelp as the blade dug in, the metal going in deep. With a snarl, she kicked her leg around and bit her lip. The nerves were screaming at her that something was wrong, that they were being attacked, before the blade rose again, letting Eve give a yell of "Fuck you!".

Jack gave a yell at the TV, all rationality gone. He was being told off by some idiot with a knife? Who the hell did she think she was? And... cinema? What?

"WHAT?!"

He rose from the chair and swore. This was insane. He didn't let her... No...

"Hey Jack! Don't listen to her! You gotta be strong now, do double the work. I know you can do it! Oh, and as for you," she gave a evil glare at her captor, "Fuck legacy, you murderer."

And she spat into Sarah's face. In hindsight, she probably shouldn't have done that, but she still didn't care. Sarah did nothing but wipe her face, push her hair back and hover the blade above her chest. Eve gave a final look of defiance and almost kicked Sarah while squirming. There was no way she was going to go out quietly. No, she was a fighter. She could do this all da-

OH GOD THE PAIN... wait, heh, it wasn't really that bad except for all the screaming and the blood and the pain oh wait AHHHHHHH

Eve thrashed about as the cold steel went slowly down the middle of her chest, making her scream in agony. While it was not as bad as child birth, it did rate up there as really painful and something that she wouldn't want to do again. She didn't even know why her mind was making up these dumb jokes, although it was kinda letting her mind off the pain. The pain, it made it feel like something completely different, as if she was there and somehow not. And as the blade let off, she gave a breathe and a slight giddy giggle.

"I think you cut something important..."

Looking at the miniature screen on the camera, she continued to chuckle. Red rosy blood flowed out of the long cut on her chest, running down to near her stomach, the liquid started to dribble onto the ground.

"Hey, you're a really crappy horror movie villain, you know that? I mean, you can't even cut me right!"

She started to laugh. To her, this was hilarious. What a way to go, some crazy bitch cutting her up like a doctor like from Saw. Maybe it was the lack of blood, but she just continued to smile and laugh at her captor, at the utter cheesiness of it.

"Come on! I deserve better than this! Kill me properly!"

And then she widened her eyes and gave a gasp as Sarah plunged the scalpel into her breast, more out of surprise than pain. Sarah's eyes had gone from playful and knowing to just one emotion: anger. Sarah rose the blade out, the blood flying into the air in an arc before stabbing again at her shoulder, making Eve wince at the cold going in. And again, her stomach, her chest, her arms, every stab a new coldness flowing into her, before something hot flowed out, down her body, making her groan.

Stab. Stab. Stab. Sarah kept stabbing. Blood splattered onto Eve's face, the warmth making her cold face red, her lips turning lighter blue, her skin going even whiter. She almost didn't notice that Sarah had slapped her, making her blurred vision appear. All feeling was going, the smell of blood disappearing, her hearing flickering in and out as Sarah screamed at her. Only a few seconds left, she thought. Only a few seconds before the end of her life.

Oh, what a life it was.

"Jack... Octavia... I love..."

Love... What a funny thing. All she could do now was think of them. Not any particular time with them. Just them.

And through the pain, she smiled as her heart pumped air into her veins, then into her brain, where she was watching Jack dance and holding Octavia forever.

Girl 84 - Eve Walker-Luther: ELIMINATED

And then it was all over.

He couldn’t think. He couldn’t feel. All he had in his mind was those last few words.

Love.

Closing his wet eyes, he hit the off button on the remote.

He loved her. And he was going to honor her.

Slowly, he picked up the phone again.

"Hey. Can you bring Octavia over? I'll look after her now. Thanks... no, I don't need help. Yeah. I'll look after her all by myself. OK... thanks..."

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Northern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Locked Topic