Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Morning Comes Slowly; New day. New threats. New chances.
Topic Started: Sep 12 2010, 07:36 PM (1,656 Views)
VinnyMcQ
Member Avatar
Has all the balls
[ *  *  * ]
(Trevor Duncan continued from Twists and Turns)

Trevor had been walking, dazed and confused, ever since he left the warehouse. His head was pounding and he kept half sitting half falling as he made his way. He’d been aiming for some sort of house and got himself turned around and lost. He wrapped his arms around himself, clasping his coat to his body to keep the cold out. Night was rapidly falling and Trevor saw the shadow of some kid with a gun behind every tree he passed. The blade of the hoe irritated the back of his head. Trevor ignored it. It was too much effort to stop and turn it around, too much to take the damned thing out of his pack and carry it.

His nose had stopped bleeding but the pain lingered. The cold sapped his strength. I just need to sit down. Just one little rest. NO! You hear about this shit all the time, some poor soul gets lost on the mountains and they find them all cosy and snuggled up and DEAD. Keep going, just till you get to that tree. That one there, then you can rest for a bit. Trevor blinked hard and yawned. Pain shot across his skull. He reached the tree, passed it and kept going. He was determined not to stop. I need rest. I can’t keep going anymore. Trevor tried to cry but the tears wouldn’t come.

Suddenly Trevor saw a light. It wasn’t too far. It he was almost there when he tripped and fell. He was lying in a shallow ditch. He tried to get up but his strength was spent. The dead leaves made for a soft bed, even if the broken branches didn’t. Trevor curled up in a tight ball. Some of the spare clothes he’d brought with him served as a blanket, haphazardly thrown over his still form. Trevor slept as best he could.

Come morning the first thing Trevor discovered was that he was terribly stiff. He ached all over and as he stood up he got a painful cramp in his leg. Biting his lip he massaged the cramp till the pain disappeared. Covered in leaves and various pieces of forest Trevor made to get up again. As he sat up he became aware of the voice that woke him.

‘…As of this announcement, the Lighthouse, the Groundskeeper's Hut and Greens are now danger zones. If you're in any of those places, you'd better clear out pronto! Tick tock, folks!’

Where the hell am I? He thought as he stood up. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and clambered out of the ditch. He could see someone sitting down. That guy must have made the fire last night. Trevor turned and walked behind a tree. It was pointless trying to hide from the cameras but the last thing he needed was to be shot to death during a piss. Trevor closed his eyes. The cameras aren’t looking. They have better things to focus on than Trevor junior.

Wiping again at the dried blood on his face Trevor made his way slowly towards the boy. He was nervous after the beat down he’d gotten from Simon but he couldn’t just walk away. If this guy shoots me then I’m gonna…I don’t want to get shot.
I'm not as awesome as this song makes out
I'm angry, underweight and sketching out
I'm building bonfires on my vanities and doubts
To get warm just like everybody else

Quote:

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VinnyMcQ
Member Avatar
Has all the balls
[ *  *  * ]
Trevor froze.

Aww fuck’s sake man. What the fuck is this shit?

William had his gun drawn. His hand was steady. Trevor wanted nothing more than to just turn around and go. Go back inside the warehouse. Why’d I even leave? I just had to stay there and wait it out. None of this would’ve happened. I’d be fine. His head throbbed and his eyes ached. If I could just blink. No, don’t take your eyes off him. Not here, not now. You can’t let this be it. It felt different from the warehouse. Even if he had walked right into danger just like before. Because he hadn’t been thinking properly just like before. Actually, it didn’t feel different at all. He was afraid. He felt…sad. He wasn’t going to make it to the end and give Danya what he deserved. He wasn’t even rescuing someone. He’d bumbled ineffectively for a night and walked into his own death.

All the world’s a stage and Trevor Duncan has just realised he didn’t get the lead role. He was an extra, an extra in his own life. A footnote. His whole face itched but he was too afraid to move and scratch it.

‘William.’ A shaky, disjointed voice. ‘Please.’ Pathetic and meek. I AM NOT PATHETIC.

I am smart, I’m happy and I have so much potential. There is nothing you can’t do if you try hard enough. So try. Live. You got yourself into this mess and you can get out of it. You’re going to get home, do your training and be a teacher like you always wanted. And this will never happen to anybody again.

Of course, the reality was that Trevor Duncan was never going to make it off the island. He was never going to see his hopes and dreams come true. His grand desire to end it all would come to nothing; his friends would carry on fighting. Carry on dying. Carry on failing. All he could hope for was that someone good survived. Somebody who deserved it. Somebody better than me.

Trevor could feel his lips, dry and cracked. He ran his tongue over them. He swallowed. He took a small step forward. He sneezed.

Quote:

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

VinnyMcQ
Member Avatar
Has all the balls
[ *  *  * ]
(All events approved)

Boy 102, Trevor Duncan deceased.

Mercifully it was fast. The bullet hit the collar around his neck. He wasn’t even looking, his eyes still closed after his fatal instinct. There was a flash of light and suddenly he was falling. The world span. His mouth opened and closed. He saw his body fall onto its knees. He was…confused. Then he saw the headless body collapse, blood spurting towards his accidental killer. His eyes widened as the terrible realisation came to his dying mind. He opened his mouth to scream but no sound came out. He could see William standing and tried to meet his gaze, but his eyes wouldn’t obey, instead they rolled back.

When Trevor opened his eyes again he was moving. He looked down expecting to see his legs, expecting that it had all been a dream. But it wasn’t all a dream. He was being carried by a woman in black. Questions erupted in his mind. Each one overtook the other, fighting for pole position. How was he here when he clearly died? Did that mean there was an afterlife? Heaven and Hell? Trevor’s head blinked in horror. He’d committed his fair share of non-belief and sins. What if he’d been wrong? Was he doomed to an eternity of pain?

This is some bullshit. This shouldn’t even be happening.

‘But it is happening’ said the woman in black.

Did she just- ‘Did you just read my mind?’

‘Yes’ said the woman in black.

Clearly not the talkative type…oh bugger.

The woman in black said nothing, but smiled softly. When he asked where he was she said nothing. He asked what was going to happen and she said nothing. He yelled and screamed and she merely stroked his head in a patronising manner. The woman in black carried Trevor through the thick wood. The sunlight was shining through the branches and there was dust in the air which glittered, sparkled and danced around them as they walked. The orange glow was otherworldly in nature. Well I’d say that if I knew just what this was he directed at the woman. They walked with great strides and soon they were walking on the ocean itself. There was a fearsome storm which calmed as they walked past. Together they crossed the entire earth, all the sights Trevor had ever wanted to see. This filled him with sadness and grief. ‘Enough!’ He cried.

All at once they were in a graveyard. The woman held his head aloft and looked at him sadly and spoke. Her voice was soft and gentle. If he wasn’t wrong it too was filled with sadness. ‘This is where we part. I can’t take you further.’

‘What do you mean, further? What is /further/, what does that even mean?’

‘That I leave to you to figure out for yourself. Indeed, this whole journey is yours to interpret how you choose. When you accept it for what it is you can move on.’

‘On to what?’

The woman in black simply smiled again. They came to a small grave. She held his head aloft and spoke once more. ‘Alas poor Trevor, I knew him well.’ With this she placed his head in the grave and vanished.

You got the quote wrong.

Quote:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply