Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some Fantastic
Topic Started: Sep 12 2010, 12:02 PM (3,155 Views)
Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
On the left is a mod, on the right is a pre-made psycho...get the picture?
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Morgan Leftowitz continued from Jack Sparrow Irony))

The beeping that Morgan heard had ceased a while ago, but he found himself still running. Jen had come right behind him and the two of them had never looked back from that lighthouse. The terrain started to become cumbersome as he had to start jumping over logs and running around stumps.

When he did slow down, Morgan bent down and started to wheeze in an attempt to catch his breath. All that time spent sitting at home on his computer had not prepared him to run long distances. Was this what it was like when people ran marathons? This feeling of helplessness? He continued to breathe heavily as the sweat began to roll down his face to his nose, pooling there before dropping into the ground.

"Oh...oh god..." Morgan said between pants, "Oh fuck...Jen...are you alright?"

He felt like he was carrying an extra twenty pounds of sweat in his shirt and jeans. The pain in his legs was starting to grow. He knew he had shorts and a short sleeved shirt somewhere in his backpack, all he would have to do is change clothing.

He finally arched his body back up to a standing position and began to look around. There was absolutely nothing out there. It appeared that they were just surrounded by fallen logs and stumps. There were no buildings around and all he could see looking west was the sea...

"Where...the hell....are we?"
v5 characters
B054:Oscar Trig-Smoker, Artist, Film Buff

Please, message me if you have ideas, I sure don't!

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Morgan's breath was still heavy, but it was starting to slow slightly as he stood there. He was quite sure that this had probably been the longest and farthest he had ever run in his life. His mouth was a desert and he desperately needed water and his stomach was starting to growl back at him in a desire for hunger.

She sat down by a nearby log and smiled at him, he found himself doing the exact same back at him. It really was a shame that everyone seemed to know Jen as one of the more promiscuous members of Bayview. She really was a nice person underneath it all.

Jen looked up to him and suggested that he sit down and take a rest. As much as he didn't want to sit down and just wait for bad things to happen to them, Morgan felt miserable. He was tired, hungry, thirsty and most of all, completely uncomfortable in the clothing he was wearing. There was no wait and see about this, the two of them would have to rest and Morgan would have to change.

"Okay..." he said between breaths, "Just a second...I need to...to uh...change..."

Morgan was glad that his body was already flushed from exhaustion as he was sure his cheeks were turning redder at this moment. It wasn't just the fact that Jen was his closest friend and someone he had hoped he could get together with (as unlikely as it was now) could be watching. Morgan was always a self conscious kid, he knew he wasn't ever going to be a model and he knew he had no real muscles like any of the jocks that girls like Jen had flocked around. In gym, he was one of the kids that tried to hide as much as he could while he changed, just so the giant wouldn't get noticed.

He placed the gun down on the ground and shifted his eyes downward.

"IfyoucouldpleasenotlookbehindyouJenokaythanks." he blurted out before quickly leaping over the log that she was resting against and removed the loops of his backpack, placing it with a thud on the ground.

He rifled through his bag and found a pair of tan shorts and a white shirt with inter-crossing red and black stripes. It was something that Jen had picked out for him on the day they had gone shopping together, and was now something he was regularly wearing in school. He let out a quiet sigh and began to undress as quickly as he could.

He removed his shirt and suddenly a rush of cool air touched his exposed skin. He wished that he had some sort of towel to wipe excess sweat, but it would have to do. The jeans were more of a challenge and it took him a few minutes to wiggle out of those, but eventually the heavy weight was removed from his body. He left his boxers on, readjusting them so that they wouldn't chafe him when the shorts went on.

After tossing the old clothing onto the log Jen was sitting behind. He quickly put on his shirt and shorts hoped to god that Jen didn't see him before he got dressed. With a loud sigh of relief he picked up the backpack and moved back to where Jen was sitting, taking a seat right beside her.

"Ok..." he said with a deep breath, digging into his bag to grab a bottle of water, taking a few quick sips from it before turning back to Jen, "I'm up for staying here for a little bit, two hours at most really...we should really eat you know?"

He screwed the cap back on and took in a few deep breaths, before turning back to her tiny friend, flashing a brave smile.
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Morgan took the piece of bread and broke it off at the middle.

"Thanks," he mumbled, nibbling gingerly on the bread.

It was dry, it was stale and it was wonderful. When Morgan thought about it, he hadn't had anything to eat, for a whole day. The situation didn't present itself to eat of course, but the fact remained that he was now famished. At this point, the bread may as well have been a peach cobbler or an apple pie. It was only bread, but it just felt so good.

It was then that Morgan felt Jen's head slowly worm its way in between his arms and chest. He breathed in when she first touched him. She was soft, her skin smoothly pressing against his arms. He slowly moved his left arm around her shoulder and brought her closer. There were always moments like this.

Morgan was a tall guy, he knew that. It was a school full of tall people, Bayview. He was one of the taller people and he didn't even do any sports. Maybe it was the milk, maybe it was the early sleep when he was younger. He sprung up though, went up like a rocket. It was all in the legs though, his actual body didn't grow, he just had stilts for legs.

On the other hand, it allowed people like Jen to lean into him...

It was something they had done before. There was always moments like this back home in St.Paul. It was always something simple. Jen had a bad breakup, failed a test, problems at home. There were always moments like this.

"Morgan, I'm glad we found each other here. Without you, I don't know what I would have done."

He gently grabbed her shoulder and drew her in closer.

"Yeah...I am too Jen...I uh...I'm glad too..."

Morgan had wanted to say more to Jen right then and there, but the moment had past. In fact, he thought about what he had said and realized that the moment could probably have best been left in silence. Most of the time, he had always just said something to her. What he had said often made things all better. Now, words were becoming tougher. Not surprising when the three words that came to his mind he was afraid to say.

Stuck on an island of killers...an I'm...

He turned his head toward the ground and he felt a mist hovering around his face. Morgan took another bite into the half of a loaf, trying his hardest to mask himself. He was a poker player, and he was usually good at hiding emotions away when he really wanted or needed to.

I'm a joke...

Morgan breathed in, feeling his breath catch itself. He placed the bread into his lap and put his hands underneath his eyes to check for tears. Nothing. Relief filled his lungs and he began to slowly breathe easier. He knew Jen was scared, probably just as scared as he was right now. He couldn't be weak in front of her. If he looked weak, he'd let her down.

"All right," he said, nearly whispering his words to her, "This...this is what we're going to do..."

Already Morgan felt the confidence returning to him, in just saying a few words. He had always questioned whether those speeches at the end of movies or those pep talks that you heard in locker rooms really did exist. If they had any effect on them whatsoever. Yet here he was, just saying a few words and hope had restored itself.

"So we're still going to find that tall place, if it's the lighthouse, or hell somewhere close by that happens to be really tall...We're going to scan that island...and then...then we're going to find a way of this island."

He looked down and smiled caught up in the moment. He gave Jen a gentle shake to bring out confidence to her as well. He then let go of her shoulder and put the now free arm towards her right hand, clasping it down where their legs were.

"And...you know what...we'll get home...we'll...we'll see our parents...we'll see St.Paul...we'll see that muddy old soccer pitch...we'll..."

His voice trailed off as he found himself staring down at her hand. It was warm. Not that it was a surprise. There were always moments like this. Moments where the two of them sat, holding hands, and appreciating each others company, and in the case of Morgan, trying not to stare at her legs, or her curves, or her butt too much. There were always moments like this...

"We'll be okay..."
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
The peace that Morgan and Jen had shared was nice. Though Jen's silence was a little disconcerting, he was used to the silence after his speeches, usually followed by a laugh or a smile, but she just stared at him, lost in thought. The poker playing teen had always wanted a moment like this. Just the two of them alone like this. Maybe now-

Bang

He was temporarily stunned by the loud sound of a gun. He heard someones muffled voice shouting out in the distance but couldn't decipher what was said. When the fog lifted from his head he saw that Jen had let go of his hands and was keeping low

Morgan shook his head to clear it further and the instinct of flight took hold. He pushed himself up and grabbed as many things as he could, he picked up his bag cradling the straps in his left hand and he took his rifle in his right.

"Jen we gotta find cover." he yelled, the ringing from the gunshot still ringing in his ears, "Over there, that pile of logs quick!"

The debris wasn't exactly large, maybe two feet and providing little cover for the two of them, but it would have to do. He began to scramble over towards the logs, nearly losing balance multiple times.

"Crap crap crap crap!" Morgan gasped in between breaths burying himself behind the logs.

He crouched down as low as he could, taking a deep and heavy breath. Whoever fired the gun hadn't fired again yet, but there was no knowing if and when that would happen again. His gaze turned to the rifle in his right hand. He had something that he could defend both Jen and himself. Would he be able to use it? Morgan wasn't sure. He just hoped that Jen had followed his lead and that they would both be safe. He didn't want to fire that gun.
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Life moved slowly for the first few seconds after Morgan hid behind the logs. The rifle was still shaking in his left hand. His right hand was patting his body, looking for any kind of wound. He hadn't felt any pain, but it wasn't a bad idea to make sure. He let out a sigh of relief when he found nothing. He then waited for the next shot, but there was nothing. Hearing nothing was almost as bad as hearing anything at all.

He was relieved to see Jen sit right next to him seconds later. Now the two of them were safe, for now. Maybe the two of them were safe, but if poker had taught him one thing in his life. It was to never trust that you were out of the clear.

Morgan's tiny companion was right, they were likely free, but he still wanted to be sure. He slowly bent his knees and lifted his head over the logs. He took a quick glance and saw that one of them was gone and that the other wasn't holding any gun. He didn't stick around to get any more details though. He quickly slid back down onto his rear end and took a deep breath.

Jen was counting on him to get them out of this situation and the pressure could be felt in this very moment. He had to think about whether that guy out there still had a gun. If he guessed wrong, well...there wouldn't be much thinking about the move afterwards.

"Ok Jen," Morgan said, taking a deep breath before doing so, "One of the dude's is gone, and the other doesn't seem to have a gun...I uh...I think that we're going to have to make a break for it again though..."

He wiped off a layer of sweat and haphazardly picked at his lip. It was time to move, there was no debating it now. If the two of them were going to survive here and live to find a way out of here. They had to move now.

"Ok," he said, with more confidence in his voice. "We're going to make a break for it. On my mark..."

Morgan got up onto his knees before starting in a crouch. He wished he didn't have to run now, his feet and legs would be killing him but it would all be worth it.

"3...2...1........Go!"

Morgan ran. He hoped that Jen was close behind but he didn't check behind him. All that mattered now was getting out. He jumped over logs and avoided stumps as best he could. He nearly fell three times already, but he maintained his balance.

The two of them would find a way out. He still had hope...

((Morgan Leftowitz continued elsewhere))
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply