Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
It's A New Day; Private until otherwise stated
Topic Started: Sep 12 2010, 10:57 AM (2,005 Views)
Gwbiii
~~PCH0000~~
[ *  *  * ]
THIS POST IS A MONUMENT TO GENO'S IMPUNCTUALITY.

((Raina Morales Continued from Bump in the Night))

Raina stumbled up the mountain side, she'd woken up early, leaving the carnival, now far behind, about an hour before dawn broke. It felt so mysterious being there at night, and she'd had the feeling hanging around there during the day would have robbed it of some of its magic.

Besides, she had a motherfucking sunrise to watch, and the higher she got the better it'd be. Well not high high, not like she'd ever... she could guess what it was like and maybe she could "get high off nature" but it was more an... altitude thing and... you know what, never mind.

Unfortunately, it seemed like it was already a lot brighter a lot sooner than she'd hoped for, the mauve shifting to a sort of pale peachy-blue as she looked up the mountainside.

She hadn't expected the hazyness and the fog to obstruct her view so much. Now that she was a bit higher up it was starting to clear a little, but the sun was already well on it's way to rising and she hadn't managed to get a good vantage point through the trees. It was a shame really.

Maybe I could see the sunset instead?

She turned her head down again to continue her trek

And maybe just take this hike for what it's worth.

The speaker system suddenly crackled and echoed across the mountain side, momentarily breaking her contemplations. She didn't pay any attention to the announcement itself, people were going to die, and the good ones would go to Heaven or Shangri-La or get reincarnated or something because karma worked like that. She just had to keep her head up and make the most of what time was left. It was the most any of them could do. Besides, she was way too busy thinking about spreading the good karma to pay much attention to how people miles away were juggling theirs.

She came to a slightly clearer patch and stopped to turn and look out across the island. She wasn't far up the mountain but the view of their deathtrap already looked so pretty. The wind bit through her jeans and hoodie, but the sun felt warm against her face as it rose.

Sounds of a struggle, not far away, snapped her out of her revery. Before she could really think about it she was running towards the sound, dodging trees as she went, until she came to a clearing, and a pair of people, one standing over the other.

She sprinted towards the two, determined to get between them and any more fighting. She had a hunch the person lying down was injured. As she closed the distance she swiped Reiko away with one of her paws, more forcefully than she knew. She would have apologised but right now she had to get a better look at the one on the ground. The person she now leant over.

Who seemed rather...

Dead.

"DUDE, WHAT THE FU-" Her sentence was cut short by a hiking boot colliding with her face.
G003 - Sarah Xu -"Th-then I-I'll stitch you up."---> 開始
G049 - Mia Kuiper - "lada didi dada di dum dum."---> Anfang
B040 - Richard Han - "YOU WIN THIS TIME, GRAAAVIIIIITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
G094 - Raina Morales
-*snort* pretty cows...---> Began: Bump in the Night || Ended: A New Day
""-Mandarin ""-Cantonese ""-German ""-Spanish
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gwbiii
~~PCH0000~~
[ *  *  * ]
Raina yelped as she hit the ground and kick after kick crammed into her body. The first blow had completely disoriented her, and the ones that came after rendered her more and more senseless. She held her arms out in front of her face, palms outstretched, somewhere between defence and appeasement; pulling them back in with a squeal as another kick sprained her fingers. The ones following connecting with her head, her arms, her stomach.

"STOP IT, Stt-Stop i-i-iit." She was sobbing now, her pleas catching in her throat as she tried to breathe. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know why Reiko was attacking her. And in her state, she couldn't recognise that she could do anything about it.

She grasped desperately at Reiko's leg, trying to get a hold on the cloth and keep the kicks at bay, though to no avail as the free leg stabbed at her throat. Choking, she shrieked, then whimpered. She knew what was coming. I'm going to die I'm going to die I'm going to die.

Reiko's boot pounded on the side of her head, again and again. First came pain on the periphery as her head was crushed between foot and ground, her skull feeling like it was about to burst. Then deeply, suddenly, she felt an acute, biting pain behind her left eye, like the worst ice-cream headache she'd ever had. Oh my god oh my god oh-

And then the pressure was gone. All the pain of Reiko's assault, of the past day and a bit, of the past 18 years vanished. She wasn't scared. She wasn't anything. She didn't exist anymore, nor did the words to describe her particular state of non-existence. She couldn't tell where she ended and everything else began, it all seemed to blend into one beautiful mish-mash of shapes and colours and energies. All she felt was an awe and a euphoria beyond anything she'd imagined possible. She wasn't just connected to it all, she was everything. "She" was a meaningless concept, and though once she would have feared this state, it was, surprisingly, the most wonderful, incredible thing that had happened in her life. It didn't seem to matter that "she" was dying, her body was just a tiny part of the picture. With her body and language beyond her control she could do nothing more than take it all in.

What was left of her language centres could only manage to bring one word to mind, one of the first words she'd learnt.

Pretty...

She lost consciousness as the haemorrhage worsened and her brain gave in.

Raina released her grip, her hand falling limply to her side, splayed across the grass.

At home, her mother tightly closed her eyes, biting her clenched hands to stop herself screaming.

G094, Raina Morales - DECEASED
G003 - Sarah Xu -"Th-then I-I'll stitch you up."---> 開始
G049 - Mia Kuiper - "lada didi dada di dum dum."---> Anfang
B040 - Richard Han - "YOU WIN THIS TIME, GRAAAVIIIIITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
G094 - Raina Morales
-*snort* pretty cows...---> Began: Bump in the Night || Ended: A New Day
""-Mandarin ""-Cantonese ""-German ""-Spanish
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Locked Topic