Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
It's A New Day; Private until otherwise stated
Topic Started: Sep 12 2010, 10:57 AM (1,941 Views)
Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
[Tobias Elwin continued from When the Bite Just Isn't Sharp Enough]]

On this day, I see clearly,
everything has come to life...

Tobias had not slept the night before. How could he sleep knowing that he was defenseless? No, it wasn't possible to sleep, not when there were hundreds of murderers loose on the island, ready to kill anyone that stood in their way. He hadn't been prepared for this game before he'd met Rob, and it cost him his weapon. Now he was prepared to do anything it took to survive.

The mountain paths had plenty of cover and room to maneuver as Tobias made his way upwards. He liked to stick in the brush, moving slowly and silently as he hoped to find some unlucky traveler that happened to pass him by. So far he'd had no such luck, but that wasn't enough to discourage him. Failure was not an option.

Bitter place, and a broken dream
And we'll leave it all behind...

Suddenly, the ominous sound of clapping filled the air as the PA system crackled to life. "Kids, I have to say that I'm truly impressed with your first day showing. Blood! Tragedy! Explosions! Mayhem! You've utterly smashed the record for first day kills; it makes an old man proud to see you all taking his instructions so thoroughly to heart! Congratulations to those of you that are still alive, because you've already outlasted 19 of your classmates."

That voice was familiar. Tobias remembered that voice; it was the voice of the man who addressed them yesterday. The fat one... Danya is what he said his name was. He seemed to take great pleasure in teasing his audience with his little announcement, though the news that 19 students had already met their demise only served to reinforce the idea that everyone was willing to play the game in Tobias' mind.

Two kills stuck out amidst the announcements that followed.

"... Everett Taylor was our next victim, he died at the hands of Janet Binachi after a healthy dose of hockey stick."

"That fucking bitch..." Tobias muttered under his breath. It was the girl with the Hockey stick, the girl that he'd saved only to be abandoned in return when he needed help. Apparently he'd saved a killer. The news only served to anger him more. But before he could dwell on the thought for very long, another familiar name popped up on the list.

"...Fourteenth was a true tragedy as our resident Nazi, Rob Jenkins, broke up a happy lovers' reunion by shooting Paige Strand... which I guess is what her boyfriend is now!"

Rob Jenkins, the man who stole his gun and left him to die, had murdered someone as well. With HIS gun, no less. For all his previous talk of just wanting to survive, Rob was sure quick to start playing the game. There was only one thing that Rob had ever truthfully said since having gone from 'just wanting to survive' to cold blooded killer in the frame of a day: Never Trust Anyone. That was the only thing anyone could do to survive this ordeal, and the announcements only served to reinforce this idea in Tobias' mind.

Hearing the grim tales of his fellow student's demises only spurred Tobias onward towards achieving his goals. First, he would find a good weapon and take it by any means necessary. Then, he would go into hiding and wait for the senior class of Bayview Secondary to take each other out of the equation. Then, once they were tired and weak and injured, he would come out of hiding and decimate anyone who remained with ruthless efficiency. And finally, once he was the very last survivor, he would go home to his proud father and live out the rest of his life like he deserved. Yes. That was how it would happen. There was no other option. He would do everything in his power to live through this ordeal.

On this day, its so real to me
Everything has come to life...

Tobias hadn't realized he had been quietly humming to himself as he made his way further up the path. Being deprived of sleep was starting to get to him. What if someone had heard him mindlessly humming Edge's entrance theme to himself and got the drop on him? No, that couldn't happen. It wouldn't happen. Tobias rubbed his eyes to try and wake up a little bit more before heading further up the path. However, with his vision slightly clearer, he noticed movement up ahead.

In a clearing about 25 yards away stood a solitary girl, staring resolutely into the distance. Tobais didn't know who she was, or what she was armed with. All he knew was one thing: She was a target.

Bingo. Tobias thought to himself as a sly grin crept upon his face. She was small. She looked weak. She was alone. Anything that she had could be instrumental to Tobias' survival. All of the planets had aligned and given Tobias the perfect possible prey.

Anxious to get closer to his prey, the hunter pressed forward with reckless abandon, snapping branches and twigs that were in his way to get to the clearing. It didn't matter how much noise he made or what weapon she had. He had a plan. He would live. Even if it meant that she would have to die.

'Nother chance, to chase a dream
'Nother chance to feel,
chance to feel alive...
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

V4 Characters:
B-148 Daisuke Nagazawa - "I've got my fist, I've got my plan, I've got survivalism..." CL: Axes Aren't Efficient For Grinding
Current Equipment: Jericho 941F (.45 ACP) [x2 magazines, 16 rounds left]

G-115 Madelyn Prowers - "Oh man oh man, look out! Press A! PRESS A!!!" CL: Break Up And Break Down
Current Equipment: mp3 player, 'spear' (sharpened pointy stick)

B-049 Tobias Elwin :Dead: - "Hugrubglruglbulrg... Hurgbrbggbrll..." CL: It's A New Day
Current Equipment: None.

Lovely character icons by LittleBoy. Click to see the full pictures!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
Tobias' sadistic grin widened as the girl bent over and pulled out a delicious looking weapon: a sai. Something deadly in the right hands, and it would soon be his. It should be fairly simple to take the weapon away with the right approach. She looked somewhat stiff, maybe in a little bit of pain. He could work with that.

"If you like your eyes where they are, I suggest you find someone else to bother." the girl yelled at him as he drew closer. 20 yards, 15 yards, 10 yards closed in without breaking his steady pace. There was no point in talking now, no need for a half baked retort to her threats. He'd been all talk earlier, and it had been his downfall. Now there was only one thing on his mind.

Attack.

Disarm.

Maim.

Murder.

Tobias knew what he had to do to survive on this island. He was focused on the task at hand. At 5 yards away from the girl, Tobias dropped his duffel bag and paused for a moment. A grim look of determination was etched onto his face as he stared menacingly at the girl, simply trying to throw the girl off her game with his imposing bulky 6'0" frame. She looked just as prepared to fight as he was. Tobias grinned. She would be a worthy opponent, making his victory that much sweater.

Sinew tensed in every muscle in his body as he stood across from the girl, waiting for his moment to strike. She would eventually give him an opening if she tried to attack him, or even if she opened her mouth to speak. Even if she tried to run, Tobias would simply hunt her down and eventually overtake her. In his mind, he had already won the fight. That sai she was wielding against him would be his eventually.

"..."

Tobias didn't even bother to hear what was said. The second the girl opened her mouth to speak, Tobias had already sprung forth and bolted straight at his opponent. This was it. His time was now. As he closed the distance in a flash, he threw himself at the girl, expecting his momentum to disarm her as he crashed into her ribs. It was a picture perfect Spear, executed from memory from the thousands of times Tobias had seen it on TV...

Except for Tobias Elwin, there would be no 3 count to follow.

V4 Characters:
B-148 Daisuke Nagazawa - "I've got my fist, I've got my plan, I've got survivalism..." CL: Axes Aren't Efficient For Grinding

G-115 Madelyn Prowers - "Oh man oh man, look out! Press A! PRESS A!!!" CL: Break Up And Break Down

B-049 Tobias Elwin :Dead: - "Hugrubglruglbulrg... Hurgbrbggbrll..." CL: It's A New Day

Offline Profile Goto Top

Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
*Sknit*

A sharp pain emanated from Tobias' neck as he came down on the girl as the metal sai embedded itself into his neck. THROUGH his neck. Blood poured forth from each end of the wound, draining the contents of veins and arteries into his lungs. Shocked, he wrenched himself off of the girl, taking with him the sai currently stuck in his windpipe.

I... I can't breathe.

Panic set in on the boy's body as he desperately tried to gasp for air, the relenting torrent of blood and the unforgiving metal of the sai completely denying new oxygen from entering his lungs. He gurgled in terror as he crawled away from the girl, wildly clawing at the sai within his neck with shaking hands.

I can't breathe!

He desperately tried to clear his restricted airway, hands slippery with blood clinging to the hilt of the sai before violently ripping it out though the hole in his neck it had formed. The removal of the metal implement in his neck brought no relief. He clutched violently at his neck with both hands, hopelessly trying to draw breath amidst a torrent of blood.

I. CAN'T. BREATHE!

He was drowning. Drowning in his own blood. He writhed on the floor as pain swept throughout his body. His body was crying out for oxygen, telling him to breathe, hopelessly asking for refreshed blood from his heart and lungs that would never come. He struggled to hold onto consciousness as he felt the pressure of the liquid sloshing in his lungs forcefully expanded them. His heart beat constantly sped up as he mentally begged it to slow down as his chest rose and fell in a ghastly mockery of breathing.

"Hugrubglruglbulrg... Hurgbrbggbrll..."

He tried to gurgle out a last word, one last testament to his life before the world blacked out around him. No, he wouldn't even be granted that last courtesy. He had tried to survive, tried to make it home, and he had failed. Now he was trapped, a choking prisoner in his own body as death quickly embraced him. His eyes rolling painfully into the back of his head as he struggled violently for one final breath. It was the last sensation he would ever feel.

TOBIAS ELWIN, B-049: DECEASED
Edited by Lawther, Sep 15 2010, 01:39 AM.

V4 Characters:

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Locked Topic