Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
The First Announcement
Topic Started: Sep 10 2010, 02:37 PM (7,995 Views)
General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I guess I'll request a little extension too. Dougal'll be dead very soon, just need another post cycle or two.

*looks at Stark's sig*

FUUUUUU-
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Guys, I think I'm going to have to do that little throat-clearing thing and remind everyone that extensions are supposed to be granted for like, extenuating circumstances, not really 'Oh I wasn't quite on the ball enough and need to get the duckies in order'.

THIS time, I'm going to let it slide and give a two day extension to each person that has asked for more time, but I'm going to have to put my foot down in the future. Even if you're hoping for a hero or not sure whether to play a swap, smart money says you should try and position things for the death as a 'just in case' measure. 8 days, for my money, is a very reasonable length of time and again, extensions are supposed to be for when you are stupid busy etc, etc.

Thus ends your daily Cluecture.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Online Profile Goto Top

T-Fox
Member Avatar
N-Nopony! Ah was talkin' to nopony whatsoever!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I hate to do it. I really do. I need an extension for Chadd. However it was because of the four day setback with the topic switch in the docks. I'll do everything I can to push this as fast as I can though.
Coming soon to a deathmatch near you:
Garry Brooks - Swave Countryboy
Jade Aurora - Tomboy Drummer
Jasmine Tolle - Pacifistiic Artist

Memories of those past:
Spoiler: click to toggle

What is wrong with you people?!
Offline Profile Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Turns out I was a bit too overcautious with my request for an extension. My bad, that post was written quicker than I expected.

Dougal goes bye bye here.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Goto Top

VinnyMcQ
Member Avatar
Has all the balls
[ *  *  * ]
Frankie met his end Here

Sorry it took so long
I'm not as awesome as this song makes out
I'm angry, underweight and sketching out
I'm building bonfires on my vanities and doubts
To get warm just like everybody else

Quote:

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Eve has been stabbed to death by Sarah in The Prime Time Of Your Life.

GODDAMNIT THAT WAS PAINFUL
B069 Ben Powell: That's a bout. Salute. Shake hands.
G052 Sapphire McLeod: The Youngest Was The Most Loved
G084 Eve Walker-Luther: The Prime Time Of Your Life

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket
Offline Profile Goto Top

nope
Member Avatar
throw that pussy like i'm famous
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Che Cluevara
Sep 17 2010, 02:48 PM
Guys, I think I'm going to have to do that little throat-clearing thing and remind everyone that extensions are supposed to be granted for like, extenuating circumstances, not really 'Oh I wasn't quite on the ball enough and need to get the duckies in order'.

THIS time, I'm going to let it slide and give a two day extension to each person that has asked for more time, but I'm going to have to put my foot down in the future. Even if you're hoping for a hero or not sure whether to play a swap, smart money says you should try and position things for the death as a 'just in case' measure. 8 days, for my money, is a very reasonable length of time and again, extensions are supposed to be for when you are stupid busy etc, etc.

just a quick question for clarification: does this mean you're personally handling extensions alone, or could we talk to another staffer about them too? it's just kind of confusing how you worded that
Offline Profile Goto Top

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
Harold Fisher has eaten a bullet in No Rest for the Wicked.

Thanks for your patience in letting me get it done so late. It shouldn't happen again.
V7 Kids
Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
choic
Sep 18 2010, 10:04 AM
Che Cluevara
Sep 17 2010, 02:48 PM

just a quick question for clarification: does this mean you're personally handling extensions alone, or could we talk to another staffer about them too? it's just kind of confusing how you worded that
If there's been any kind of extension given, it needs to be posted in here anyhow. But since you asked, no I'm not the sole giver-of-extensions, it just happened that a number had been requested without any response given to them in the thread.

The tone of the post in general was just referring to general enforcing of the extension rules, e.g. the staff team in general won't be granting extensions for wishy-washy reasons after future rolls.

Fox, you have 'till the 21st. Everyone else from the first crop, if they haven't currently concluded, tomorrow.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Online Profile Goto Top

T-Fox
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright, cool. Dom and I are working on something as we speak.

Memories of those past:

Offline Profile Goto Top

KARAS
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Jaclyn is now a hamburger. Yum Yum!
Posted Image
B100- Rekka Saionji: "Hearing sucklers cry is amusing. Too bad I'm on a tight schedule."
G99- Jaclyn Krusche: "Heh...f..fu.c..."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Stark
Member Avatar
Nuts.
[ *  *  * ]
C-C-CROSS COUNTER!

Charlotte Cave is no more. She has ceased to be.
<Mimi>: You are much nicer than I thought you'd be!
<Stark>: Shut up, fatty.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chib
Member Avatar
Oh my god you guys The Riz killed Cara what do!?
[ *  *  * ]
Chib
Sep 17 2010, 02:22 PM
Likewise, I'm gonna have to request a slight extension for Steve. Took a while getting him into the thread, but shouldn't take terribly long to finish him off.
Turns out I didn't need it. Anyways, apologies for updating here late, but Steve was decapitated on Sunday evening, hereabouts.
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy

The Past
Offline Profile Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Theo finally passed away here.
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Or so I'm told.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Theo 'Teddy' Behr Lost in his own Head - Lost No More
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Fox
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Chadd Crossen has met his extremely gruesome demise here.

((EDIT: Death edited to better suit realism and criticism and such. DAMN YOU PEOPLE TURNING ME INTO A CONFORMIST. >:O))
Edited by T-Fox, Sep 24 2010, 11:21 PM.

Memories of those past:

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic