Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Stamina
Topic Started: Sep 9 2010, 08:47 AM (2,174 Views)
JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
((Garry Villette continued from Out Of The Darkness And Into The Light))

To anyone who would be watching the boy walk down the eastern shore of the island, they probably would have pointed out to him that the beret he wore on his head looked completely out of place. If he'd heard such comments, the boy probably would have liberally cussed the persons out, and maybe smacked them around a bit as well.

Garry's feet were starting to ache, having walked non-stop for what seemed like hours. After leaving Cyrille's body, Garry had tried making his way back to the tunnels. He, much to his astonishment, managed to wind up there again, but there was no sign of Saul. He'd called out, but no reply; Saul was gone. Feeling down about losing track of his friend, he decided that for the moment, the best course of action was to fulfill Cyrille's last request, and for that, he desperately needed to find Violetta as soon as possible.

Shortly after leaving the tunnel for the second time that day, Garry discovered a river and decided to follow it as a point of reference, stopping periodically to top up his water bottle and also to wash his already-greasy face and facial hair. He continued to walk alongside the stream until he'd reached the coastline, continually thinking about finding Violetta and humming to himself. The humming over time turned into singing, Garry currently mumbling one of his favourite songs to himself.

"...In touch with the ground,
I'm on the hunt, I'm after you.
Scent and a sound. I'm lost and I'm found,
And I'm hungry like the wolf...
"

'... Hmmm... I still have some crackers, so I won't be hungry like the wolf for long,' Garry thought with a slim amount of satisfaction, pausing on the damp sand and fishing around in his bag for the opened packet. He pulled it out and took a couple of the savoury snacks, wolfing them down and chasing them down with a couple of gulps of river water. 'Much better.'

He put the crackers and bottle back in his bag and continued to walk down the beach, ji in hand and gazing out over the eastern horizon and wondering if his home, their home, was in that general direction. He had absolutely NO idea where the island was in relation to the States, nor if they were even anywhere close to North America anymore. Who knew where that Danya bastard had dropped them off?

He stopped looking over the choppy waters, turning to face the front again and saw two girls, standing there and conversing amongst themselves. 'Could one of them be Violetta?' he wondered, stopping still and just about praying that it was indeed the case, even if the odds of that were so miniscule. There had to be over a hundred girls on the island, so to run into Violetta so soon, it would be a near-miracle. 'Gotta ask them and find out.'

"Hey, you two," he called out loudly, starting to approach the pair at an increased pace and having to hold the beret tight so it wouldn't fall off his head. "Can you two help me at all? I'm looking for Violetta Lindsberg, have you seen her, or know what she looks like?" he asked.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

The Past: V4 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
As Garry got closer to the two girls, they visibly backed off, as if a wild animal had suddenly appeared before them and had started snarling and baring its fangs at them. While Garry would have been halfway proud of causing that reaction back in Bayview (oh how he fondly remembered sneaking up on Saul and spooking the shit out of him, which reminded him that he still had to find the mascot before it got too late), now was not the time for that. He was looking to team up with people, not drive them off.

He slowed down to a stop several yards from the pair. He could see one of the girls clutching something in her hand, but from his distance, he couldn't tell whether it was a rock, a baseball or something else. He didn't want to find out what it was either, if finding out meant having it hurled at his head. One of the girls quickly replied that she didn't know where Violetta was, and her partner backed her claims, though she sounded absolutely terrified when she spoke.

'Great, I've scared one of them at least, that is NOT what I wanted to do,' Garry thought, bitting his lip as he saw Victoria standing behind the other girl. Maybe it was his physique, his weapon or a combination of the two that did it. "Hey, there's no need to be scared, I'm not going to hurt you, kill you, or do anything like that," he said, dropping his weapon to the sand by the side of him, hoping it would prove to them that he wasn't a thread. He was about to add on that he'd seen the (rather bloody) result of students turning on students first hand, but there was no reason in scaring the girls anymore than they were already. Besides, if he did that, they might even believe that he was a killer and was lying to cover his tracks.

"Look, if you do happen to run into Violetta, can you please tell her that I'm looking for her? It's pretty important," he asked. "The name's Garry. Garry Villette, or if you want, Garou."
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

Stuff from Chat

Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Garry nodded; the much more confident of the two girls had a really good point. He'd already asked them if they'd seen Violetta, had asked them to look out for her if they came across her. There wasn't anything else he could realistically accomplish now, so why was he still hanging around and not moving on already? It was evident they didn't want him around much longer. One of the girls cowering behind the other, who was quite a lot shorter than she was (and which would have made the scene a lot funnier, if they weren't in a deathmatch) was a massive indication of that.

"You're right, I need to hurry, I'm wasting time now," Garry said, bending down and scooping the halberd back up from off the sand. The beret slowly slid off his head as he bent down, Garry just managing to catch it with his left hand before it could land on the beach. He stood back up with his assigned weapon gripped firmly in his hand and started to walk around the girls, keeping his distance and then continuing to walk parallel to the shore. A hundred yards or so away from the pair, Garry stopped and turned around, looking back at Bounce and Victoria.

"Take care you two!" he shouted out, turning back to face the south and resuming the trek along the coast until he was far out of the girls' sight.

((Garry Villette continued in Caged in Like Animals))
Edited by JamesRenard, Oct 3 2010, 02:42 PM.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Beach: East · Next Topic »
Locked Topic