Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Time Is Not On Our Side
Topic Started: Sep 4 2010, 11:07 AM (4,142 Views)
Acelister
Member Avatar
Ask me about Transformers The Movie Abridged!
[ *  *  * ]
((Rizzo Vitoria continued from We All Start Somewhere))

Even before they left the section of swamp where he woke, Rizzo was feeling rough. As the detoxification of his body continued, he felt weaker and weaker. He held up the group - him, Theo and Orpheus - several times because he needed to stop and throw up. He was just glad it had all been coming out the top end of his body...

"Ugh..." he groaned, his hands on his knees and head bowed. He didn't realise he had that much in his stomach... He didn't really have time to warn the other two, so he hoped they had heard him throwing up and were kind enough to stop. As the object of this game was complete and utter genocide of their graduating class, they didn't really have to stay with him.

He leant over to his bags and plucked the bottle of water from it. It was almost half-gone. Like the amount of time left in their lives, he decided. He left it hanging out of his bag after the second time he had to stop. His mouth was so dry...

He straightened as he opened the bottle, stepping back from the puddle he created on the ground. At least it was next to a tree... His joints ached, his back hurt, his headache wasn't going and he had a constant reminder that he was going to die in the next few days. He had a nice explosive necklace trying to choke him... All it would take was for one classmate to go nuts and start killing. Then, if they got stopped, others would be paranoid and shoot/stab first and ask questions later. Accidents, stupidity, payback... The reasons to kill in this kill-or-be-killed situation were many.

He lifted the bottle to his mouth and sipped the partly-cool water. If it wasn't in the bag, it would be room temperature at least... It had no taste, but it certainly tasted better than the acrid taste of vomit.
V5 Concepts:
Max 'Hans' Casson: A white supremacist with a mean streak normal pro-Aryan attitude. [His views do NOT reflect my own, so everything said in pre-game is all him]

V4

Go and watch Transformers The Movie Abridged!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"Careful now, you khazer. You're wasting that. It'll just come back out again soon. And I'll be damned if you're taking any of mine."

That made Rizzo feel bad. He was ill and this wasn't exactly fun for him. Even if he wasn't throwing up every few minutes... He mumbled an apology as Theo called for OC.

"We need to keep moving. We're still too exposed out here. Hey, OC! Rizzo's down again. You wait for a minute?"

Rizzo stayed silent for a few moments, then frowned. How far behind were they? He was certain it wasn't that far...

"OC...?" he called out in the other boys general direction.

Still nothing.

"Fuck." Rizzo groaned, screwing on the bottle lid. "He must've got sick of us..."

He avoided saying anything that might have indicated that he was the culprit more than Theo was. Though that was certainly what the 'medic' was thinking. If Rizzo wasn't detoxing from his caffeine pill addiction, they'd have an extra pair of hands. Always good in a fight. Though it wasn't as if Rizzo asked Theo to stay with him. And he'd offer to run to catch up with the other boy, but the way he felt he just wanted to curl up and be alone... His legs and back were killing him.

"Do we know which way we're heading?" he asked. He wasn't one for nature - so he didn't even know the sun travelled East-to-West across the sky. He learnt it, certainly, but it hadn't stayed in his head.
V5 Concepts:
Max 'Hans' Casson: A white supremacist with a mean streak normal pro-Aryan attitude. [His views do NOT reflect my own, so everything said in pre-game is all him]

V4

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
“Do you guys need help? I’m not going to kill you, Ok? I can just see you seem to be in pretty bad shape”

Rizzo froze on the spot upon hearing Carla speak. He wasn't paying attention, but there she was now stood right in their way.

"You know her? What do you think? Player? Are we safe?"

Rizzo straightened, taking a firmer hold of his bags. The boombox was still in there, so he knew they would cause damage. Metal, albiet aluminium, cans and a boombox. They would cause quite some damage.

But he didn't have time to answer Theo's question.

"Kids, I have to say that I'm truly impressed with your first day showing. Blood! Tragedy! Explosions! Mayhem! You've utterly smashed the record for first day kills; it makes an old man proud to see you all taking his instructions so thoroughly to heart!"

Rizzo's eyes widened when the voice began. He felt a chill run through his body, temporarily numbing the pain and aches. It didn't guard against his violent stomach condition.

"Congratulations to those of you that are still alive, because you've already outlasted 19 of your classmates."

That clinched it. He managed to turn his head as his body retched, trying to throw up his now-empty stomach. The little water he had managed to drink came out, but nothing else. It hurt so much... Why couldn't they have left him with his pills?!

"Fuck..." he gasped, panting for breath as the announcement went on. He was onto name five already. He couldn't say he was friendly with any of them, but just knowing they had been killed by... Didn't he say Ivan already? The big Russian guy? Who was something like eight times Rizzo's own body weight? That guy was playing...?

"I'm gonna fuckin' die..." he muttered, spitting onto the ground. So many people were playing, more than one with multi-kills. Was that even a term? Did it matter? People were going to kill him. People were going to kill everyone!

"What's your name?!" he asks suddenly, pointing at Carla and looking at her. His hand grabbed his bag strap again. If she was playing, he was going to be ready to defend himself against the crazy bitch.

"Hey, Rizzo, Theo? That you?"

Rizzo looked past the girl - OC hadn't deserted them! He could distract the girl whilst they took her weapon and killed her!

"Hi. My name's OC, and I don't want to hurt you. I hope you don't want to hurt us either."

Rizzo blinked, surprised at his own thoughts. Had he become so insane on this island after such a short time? He was thinking about killing someone who got a better weapon than...

Well, it was better than anyone he had met so far.

That sucked... The first person they met since leaving the swamp, and she has a gun and might be one of the so-called 'fem-fatales'...
V5 Concepts:

V4

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Rizzo frowned, quite surprised at Theo's reaction as he simply ran off at full-pelt. The guy could move, that was for sure... But why? It's not as if anyone other than the new girl had a weapon worth mentioning. And she was the only one brandishing it. Wait...

"Fucker was supposed to be lookin' out for me..." he muttered to himself. He wouldn't be sending him a Christmas card...

“So you’re..... Rizzo right? Do you need something, I have some paracetmol in my bag if you’re sick, maybe it can help?"

The fact she introduced herself and claimed to not be playing was instantly ignored as she offered him medicine. Any pain relief was good pain relief!

"Gimme, gimme!" he said, his voice begging as he held his hands out towards her. Maybe when he was feeling better, he could hit on her. Right now, he was definitely not in the mood for hitting on anyone.

In his single-mindedness, he also ignored OC's offer. Which was probably a good thing as any mention of food made him feel unwell. And the difference for him between feeling unwell and throwing up were negligible.

"I've got, like thirty bucks in my wallet." he told her. "You can have it for all of them."

Maybe if he took enough of them, he would get the same feeling he got from his caffeine pills. That was how medicine worked, right?
V5 Concepts:

V4

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"'Cause everyone's tired, we don't need it JUST for me..." Rizzo grumbled, popping the pills out of the packet and straight into his mouth. He did two, but then decided he was just too ill for that - and popped another one.

He got his bottle of water out and opened it, letting a little drizzle into his mouth before swallowing them.

He closed his eyes, trying to will the pills to do their magic just as fast as possible. The sooner this was over, the better... The pain, the killing, the island... All of it.

"We need a fuckin' You Are Here sign..." he sighed, holding his head up despite his aching neck. He took a few deep breaths, to stop himself from feeling nauseous. Though it was little respite. "Maybe they just torched the fucking things? Just give us as much shit as humanly-fucking-possible..."

He rubbed his eyes before opening them to look at the two snacking former-classmates. He swallowed and quickly closed his eyes again, the sight of food bringing the more than familiar sensation back to his throat.

This was hell. Pure and simple...
V5 Concepts:

V4

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Rizzo notices OC starting to walk again, so picked up his bags and follows. He had no choice really - he'd be dead in less than an hour, if left on his own. At least this way he got to last a few more days...

He still hadn't noticed the praracetomol working yet. His knuckles, knees, back and chest all ached, along with his headache. If he survived this, he hadn't decided if he would stay off the pills, or just take loads more. Those were his options, after all...

((Rizzo Vitoria continued in They F**king Work Because Unpaired Electrons Spinning in the Same Direction))
Edited by Acelister, Oct 28 2010, 06:12 PM.
V5 Concepts:

V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply