Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Time Is Not On Our Side
Topic Started: Sep 4 2010, 11:07 AM (4,148 Views)
Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
((Theo Behr cont'd from We all Start Somewhere))

Rizzo was starting to annoy him. The constant stopping, the vomiting. Sure, he'd felt a bit responsible for the guy, but that was before he knew that this was probably self inflicted. Combine that with Orpheus pushing ahead, and Theo was conflicted, drawn between moving to keep up with his best ally and stopping to keep up with the reason he was being kept around. He knew that if Rizzo recovered, he was going to be useless. For that matter, OC probably regarded both of them as useless at the moment, except as cannon fodder.

He heard Rizzo retch yet again from behind him, and paused again to look. The boy was on his hands and knees now, once again emptying his guts onto the ground. Theo sighed. How much more can he have in there? Then he saw the invalid take his water bottle out and take a sip. He stormed over to him.

"Careful now, you khazer." His words had the harsh air of anger about them. "You're wasting that. It'll just come back out again soon. And I'll be damned if you're taking any of mine." Harsh, but it needed to be said. The supplies were limited, and who knew when or if they'd find a source of fresh drinking water. Their best hope would be if it rained, they could maybe collect some, or find a stream leading into the swamp. He should have thought of that before he'd suggested this as the route.

"Now come on." He knelt down beside his patient, as he still thought of him, and tried to get Rizzo's arm round his own shoulders. "We need to keep moving. We're still too exposed out here. Hey, OC!" He yelled into the forest ahead. "Rizzo's down again. You wait for a minute?" He hoped that the larger boy was still within earshot.
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Or so I'm told.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Theo 'Teddy' Behr Lost in his own Head - Lost No More
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Maybe he'd been a bit too hard on Rizzo, but Theo wasn't going to apologise. He'd said what needed to be said. Much of the other boys problems were his own devising. Sure, he wasn't the one who'd dumped them on the island and taken away his pills-

His pills. How long had it been since he'd had any. He was about to get them out of his bag when he remembered he'd already thrown them away. Damn. Something he probably shouldn't mention to anybody right now. Still, he needed to keep an eye on his moods, make sure that he was staying focused on the bigger picture, survival.

Rizzo was calling out for OC to come and get them, as the realisation dawned that the pair of them had been abandoned. At least for now. So, he was stuck with Rizzo, weak, spewing, holding everything up. Not the best plan he'd ever seen, and one that he doubted was going to last. Without OC to protect them, he didn't need to show his medical usefulness. Which meant his patient was now a liability.

That left him with 2 options. Abandon him, or kill him himself. If he abandoned him, he would be better off, at least in the short term. But if he survived, what then. Images of a vengeful Rizzo coming after him, crushing his skull with a boombox filled his head. Not a pleasant thought. Maybe it would be better off if he killed him just now. Put him out of his misery, so to speak. And prevent repercussions down the line. Yes, the boy was weak. He could easily stand on Rizzo's throat until he choked, and take his chances hiding on his own.

He had almost made up his mind when the situation changed again. Rizzo was asking a question, and that threw off his mental track. He suspects. "Erm, I'm pretty sure we're going south. I'd really just been following OC. What does the map say is down there?" And then there was the third voice.

His first thought was that they were under attack, so he jumped. He really wished he had some kind of weapon. Something better than a mask of that fucking Nixon, at least. He sprang to his left before his mind registered that there was no immediate threat. There was a girl, someone he didn't know, which wasn't a good sign to start off with. In her favour, she wasn't attacking, and did seem to be offering help. He scuttled back to Rizzo. "You know her?" He whispered. "What do you think? Player? Are we safe?" All his previous thoughts were gone for the moment. Right now, Rizzo was an ally, a friend, somebody he could trust. That was what he needed.

He continued scanning her for all possible threats as his eyes alighted on her lower hand. There was definitely something there. Something he thought he recognised. The girl was armed. Which meant that the likelihood was that they were screwed.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Theo had had enough. All these people. His head was aching. New girl had a gun. Rizzo didn't know her. OC was turning up. He hadn't abandoned them. Or had he just come back to kill them. Prevent them from taking revenge. Maybe he had hooked up with gun girl. Now he and Rizzo were expendable.

People were talking, but he couldn't hear them. The blood was pounding in his ears. Even Rizzo looked on edge. He was going to throw Theo to them. Sacrifice his friend, show that he was an asset. No. Not his friend. He had never been friends. He had just used Theo. Like all of them. Rizzo for first aid. Michelle had wanted cannon fodder. OC an easy kill. Teo had only hung around him because he was so pathetic that the girls were an easier draw. Even Vic had only talked to him to laugh.

Everyone had stopped. They were listening to something, but he didn't know what. All he could hear was his own pulse. Ba-dum. Ba-Dum. BA-DUM! His heart was racing. This was it. Fight or flight. And he could never fight. Look at him. A weakling. A wimp. OC could have killed him with his bare fists. The dark haired girl was planning on shooting him. Three against one, plus who knew how many allies they had hidden away, behind trees, in bushes. He only had one chance.

He did his best not to scream as he jumped up and sprinted out. Away from Rizzo, past OC. Towards freedom.

((Theo Behr cont'd in Keeping the Faith))
Chars:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply