Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Regrets; TOPIC CLOSED
Topic Started: Aug 31 2010, 11:52 PM (2,235 Views)
ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
((Kevin Harding continued from All That I've Ever Known))

Christ... Christ... Don't let me die here, not here, never here-

Kevin skidded to a halt, scattering the dried leaves as he entered the forest of stumps. He ducked down and laid on the floor, ignoring the dirt and smell of decay. He needed to catch his breath. That was a close escape. He didn't wait for the dynamite to explode, yet he heard the detonation and felt a piece of wood fly perilously close to his head as he sprinted directly away from the sawmill. Did the others in there survive? He hoped not. But he wouldn't be surprised if they showed up again later.

He started taking deep breaths. This was a bad situation. He wasn't exactly Solid Snake. He couldn't hide here for long. It would be in his best interests to get out of this place as soon as he was rested enough to start running again. Kevin raised his head just above the closest stump and looked around. Nothing but a devastated forest.... That was goo- Wait a second. Two people. They were a fair distance away, roughly 40 to 50 feet. He didn't bother to try and recognize them. The only thing he cared about right now was figuring out if they knew he was there.

He ducked back down underneath the stump. He couldn't afford to be empathetic to their situation. No, it would get him killed. He didn't want to die, not in the slightest. Well, maybe being kind to them wouldn't backfire this one time. But he had to be selfish here. Could he afford an alliance with them? No, no..... Maybe. Yeah, probably. He bit down on his lip. He was freaking out too much. He had to stop thinking about such stupid things and just DO something.

"Observe. Yeah, that's what I'll do." Kevin needed to calm down. Stay focused on the task, and watch them. Yes, staying put and watching them would help him survive. Stay calm. Stay quiet.
V3 Character
B88: Jeff Thorne - Dead from gunshot wounds.

V4 Characters
B103 - Kevin Harding - Killed by a javelin.
G035 - Ash Morrison - Tumbled down a hill.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
Kevin's eyes widened in horror as one of the people lifted a hockey stick up and bashed the other person across the head. He dropped back down under his stump, not wanting to see the murder continue on. That sound.... Even though he was so far away, he heard the crunch of the victim's bones breaking. It was faint, but it stayed with him even as he desperately tried to clear his mind. This was just... God, what had just happened?

I can't trust anybody. I'm the only one I can put my faith in. Fuck it, I don't want to go out like that.

He couldn't let his guard down around anybody now. To be ambushed and killed because he was dumb enough to believe that he was safe around other people? No. Not happening to him. His breathing became strained as he tried not to vomit at the memory of that sight. But he had to persevere. No weakness. Come on, don't be weak. He got to his knees and looked back up over the stump he hid behind. The survivor was now looting the corpse's belongings.

There was no point in trying to fight now. If the murdered idiot had a gun, then Kevin couldn't sneak through 50 feet of inclined hell to get to the survivor before.... Before he got shot. He would just have to stay put and hope to God that the survivor didn't notice him. Ducking one last time, he pressed his dirt stained body to the ground and tried to stay out of sight.
V3 Character

V4 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
Kevin waited for a good ten minutes before he got up and looked over his stump. Gone. The murderer was gone. He allowed himself to relax and sigh in relief before slumping against the dead wood that shielded his presence earlier.

Seeing another human being murdered before his guys was scarring, but it was something he had to bear. There was no way that he could get through this game without having to end the life of a fellow student. It was a plain and simple fact.

"Man up, Kev. You can do it. You're not going to be stepped on and squished like a bug." He grit his teeth. Just like before, he swore that he would never let himself be betrayed and killed like some unsuspecting animal. He was going to be the one doing the killing.

When I get a gun.... Something stupid like a hockey stick won't be able to stop me.

Kevin stood up straight, dusted off his pants, and left the ruined forest quietly. It was time to go looking for a firearm.

((Kevin Harding continued in One of Three))
Edited by ET.Requiem, Sep 11 2010, 09:47 PM.
V3 Character

V4 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: South · Next Topic »
Locked Topic