Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pearl and Destiny; Open Thread
Topic Started: Aug 31 2010, 01:42 PM (4,724 Views)
Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Brendan Wallace continues from Filling Prescriptions))

Brendan Wallace was not prepared for this. He wasn't fit, he wasn't coordinated, he wasn't cut out for treking across the harsh lands of the island, period. But all these greivances weren't on his mind. What was on his mind was one mission: Save Sarah.

She'd left the clinic after missing the announcement, and now she was heading straight towards the lighthouse, towards certain death. There was always the chance she'd find out before she reached there, or that she'd find them running away, but he wasn't about to rely on chances when it came to someone's life.

He wasn't about to chicken out and run away any more.

Finally, after a lot, and he knew what a lot really meant now, of running north, he found it. The Warehouses, all packed into one single location. And right behind them, standing tall like a beacon to the world, was the Lighthouse. It was even further away than he imagined, but he couldn't stop, no matter how much his body ached, and hurt, and wanted to stop, he wasn't about to let this happen. Not to someone so small and unworthy of the punishment that stood before her like Sarah.

Come to think of it, he wasn't sure why he was actually doing this. He didn't know Sarah, or anyone really, enough to want to care about their wellbeing. One of the only reasons he'd been so happy, and so willing at the start, to step up and stay to protect Dutchy and Roland and everyone else (bar the guy he didn't know) was that he knew them, he was friends with them, though mainly aquantaince level for the most part. And if he'd found anyone else that he knew, like Jamie or Nik, or even the rest of the Activist Club, or even Sarah X's girlfriend's "Entourage" for god sakes, he would have been willing to put himself on the line to save their lives.

So why this scared little girl?

It must have been the way she acted, her willingness to help. She reminded him so much of Chase, who he still had to find, that it seemed to be that he just needed a clear purpose to remind him of why he was still kicking away. She was short, scared, and Chase was most likely too. She wasn't on the death list, which was a good sign. She wasn't mentioned at all by the announcements, that was even better.

Brendan needed to stop thinking, as he still had a girl to find.

As he approached the Warehouses, he became aware of the incline behind them leading up to the Lighthouse. There was a figure, slowly making its way up. A figure that he couldn't mistake since that time in the Infirmary, even from a distance.

It was her.

"SARAH! SARAH STOP!" Brendan screamed at the top of his lungs. His voice almost came coughing up through his throat and splattering itself on the ground. That level of yelling was something he'd never done before, even in his most dire of moments. When he wanted to get Allen away from Clio, he'd simply raised his voice. When he found his friends yesterday, he'd raised it only a bit moreso. But this was something he wasn't used to, and now he needed to get ready.

Continuing his sprint up the hill, the incline took its toll on Brendan's body. He wasn't at all made out for this, and that was boding on his mind as a list of grievances and reasons why he wouldn't survive to the end, which he'd ignored. But fitness be damned, he was gonna stop her from killing herself like this.

After a few more minutes, he finally gotten to what seemed to be the next most highest ledge of the hillface, so close to Sarah. Raising his voice again, he tried to get her attention.
Beep.
"Sarah! Stop! Don't go any further!"
Beep.
Edited by Brackie, Sep 30 2010, 10:36 PM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
His feet reaffirmed their solid stance on the crumbling ground beneath him as he called out the second time, just barely registering the beeping emitting from his collar. It was supposed to scream out to him 'IMPORTANT, IMPORTANT, LISTEN NOW', but he had to get Sarah away first. He wasn't too far away, there was the chance that he could leap forward, yank her out of danger, but he was too exhausted. It took most of his strength to stand up on the incline befalling him, let alone try and save her life any more than he was doing now.

It seemed Brendan wasn't the only one to march to Sarah's aid, as a girl behind him near one of the warehouses was calling out Sarah's name similarly. It was one of the girls from the lighthouse, had to be, didn't it? Or possibly one of Sarah's friends, he still didn't know. But...it was working! Sarah had turned around and noticed his yelling, and also seemed to realise that her collar was also beeping. She was making her way down!

...tumbling like a very small missile straight towards him.

"Ohshit!" Brendan managed to make out, before he realised he was in no danger as she avoided him only just. He could feel her hair whip by his head as she started to barrel towards the other girl at the warehouse.

But she didn't stop, to Brendan's alarm, as she pummeled straight into the warehouse wall.

His eyes grew wide in fear as he saw the girl fall after crashing, and started to make his way back down as well, as fast as he could...which wasn't a good idea, as he failed to recognise, since the inclined ground beneath him started to crumble. Suddenly, his footing was lost, and he started to tumble over.

The world started to go out of vision as Brendan started to roll down the hill, the rocks beneath him jabbing painfully into his side as the warehouse fleetingly appeared every so often, intersperced with the ground. Finally, he came to a stop at the foot of the hill and the warehouse, his bag thrown in front of him next to the two girls.

For a while, he didn't realise anything was wrong as he steadied himself on his hands, trying to comprehend what stupid action lead him to his current situation. He seemed to be slightly hurt, his hands slightly grazed from the fall, but he quickly found a reason to cry for help now, cruelly twisting his role in the scene. Trying his best to stand up, he sharply exhaled when a sharp sting seemed to cripple his left foot.

Ohhhhshitshitshitshitshitshit, not now...

Bredndan pulled up his pants leg, all the while lifting his foot up into the air as to keep off pressure. He was no stranger to injuring this ankle in particular, so he knew what to do. Upon lifting up the cargo'd limb sleeve, he found the source of the pain. On his final fall, the moment when he was truly in the air, his leg had whipped itself around in his tumbling throes and cracked itself on a rock. Blood was seeping through his clean, brand-new socks, and Brendan's eyes went wide again. He hadn't twisted it, like he was so used to doing. He'd first known what to do in that situation after a tumble when he was 7, back when his father was flying for some obscure Laos airline, while trying to make his way through some thick grass in their back yard and stepping wrong. No, this was different. There was a gash, and although it hurt as much, no amount of rest and ice was going to fix this quickly.

His skin was actually cut open. Badly.

He turned, helplessly hopping around, to the two girls before him.

"Uhh..." Brendan muttered, with a sense of urgency in his voice "I hate to be a party-pooper or anything, but do either of you two know first aid or something?"

...yes, I just asked the girl who treated that girl at the clinic for her injuries whether she knew first aid. Ha ha ha.
Edited by Brackie, Oct 13 2010, 03:15 PM.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yep, turns out there were other people in the warehouses. They were big enough to hold anything, really, so there could be caged killers hiding in there as well. But luckily for him, there were friendly people. People who were being redundant in their worries about him going to the warehouses, but luckily also he wasn't really paying attention to it. What he was paying attention to was the fact that Sarah had now taken it upon herself to help him with his foot.

Oh, how the tides had turned.

Brendan found himself a flat rock to sit upon, on the hill and not that far away. After taking off his shoe and sock, extending his foot out to the air for the first time upon the island, he saw the extent of his injury. While the skin was cut open, it didn't look like it was going to be that bad, despite the amount of blood leaking out. He supposed that it would get worse without medical attention, but he left that to Sarah to work upon.

And then, the announcements came.

His voice, Danya's voice, his smug voice echoing throughout the island. He was a monster to Brendan, one who took such glee in listing the deceased. But he wasn't worried about his morality towards Danya.

What he was worried about was the fact that two of his friends were dead.

Dawne. The first on the roll. Died in a danger zone.

Jon. Someone he hadn't even bothered to think about because he was such a dick. Shot by Madeline Smith.

Brendan's hands stopped themselves from tearing out his hair by covering his mouth. His eyes...they couldn't have been more on fire, in pain. Fuck, Dawne? Jon? How...no. This wasn't really about him. He didn't know them as much as a certain other one of his friends. Chase...she was going to have a nervous breakdown! God, what was happening to her? Her friends, people who she knew more than he ever could, were dropping like flies in a gas storm. And he still hadn't found most of these people! He never would!

"Oh...oh god..." Brendan managed to make out, through the hand smothering his mouth.

It's...it's...it's...no. No please, please Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Muhammed, whoever's up there, just please let the rest of them be safe. Please?

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And now they were going, regardless. Dammit, he had never spoken to those guys before, and now the chances were he never would. If Sarah would have just told them what she was doing...

But it wasn't the time for that. His leg was looking worse and worse by the second, and now Sarah needed to get a real good look at it. A lay-down, wet-t-shirt in mouth, and several seconds of agonizing pain in his leg later (it was tough, he had to stop himself from kicking Sarah as the water poured over his cut) she reached her diagnosis. A good thing to, as his foot was starting to lose some feeling, suspended in the air there.

...Stitches?

...他媽的

No, no, no that wasn't going to do. It couldn't be that bad, could it? He hadn't even fallen that far, only a few meters! A few meters down a hill, and he had to get stitches on his leg? Uh, no, that wasn't going to work at all. He wasn't going around with his skin sewn together. It would heal, it had to. It just probably needed time.

"Uh...I agree with you on that, but I think we should probably get away from here before you do any of that. Yeah, it's all bad and stuff, but I...look, can I walk on it at least, or do I need some help with that?"

Looking around, he nodded to the other girl with them, Stacy or something. He wasn't familiar with her, the problem with being somewhere between a social pariah and an all-around average person. He still didn't know most of his year enough to be on a first name basis with them.

"How about you find somewhere to stop, and...is it Stacy? Stacy, she'll help me walk? I mean, I think there's a town somewhere near here? How about that Sarah?"
Edited by Brackie, Oct 23 2010, 06:19 AM.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Also some GMing to go))

Brendan could see that Sarah was getting focused again, so he kept his foot in the air and laid back down as she did her work. Before she did, however, she slipped something into his hands, and muttured something about it hurting.

...hurting? What's supposed to be hu-JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

He could feel the iodine that Sarah was using burn into his skin. Bar the previous experience (water? bah, who cares about that stuff?) THIS was the most painful thing he'd ever felt in his life. Well, the most painful physical thing anyway.

His hands clenched down on the pieces of cloth as his skin was painfully cleansed of the disease and anything else that would have infected it. Finally, a few minutes of agonizing pain later, it was over. His skin was still prickling with the odd sensation, or what was now odd to him, of NOT being on fire, but still in extreme pain. Some surgical tape, over his skin, an extremely tight bandage, and a good warning later, it was over. His foot was still rather numb with a stinging sensation, and he was not sure he could actually walk. It could definitely rip something, right?

Sarah had started off with her bag, and all that was left was...Stacy.

"Uh, yeah. I think she wants to go now, and I can't really walk, so..."

Touching the ground with his right foot, he pushed himself up. He spotted his bag on the ground next to the others on the ground, and hopped a few paces forward to scoop it up. He had everything he needed here.

Smiling, he motioned towards the direction that Sarah was headed.

"After you then...no wait, I'll need a bit of help," Brendan smirked. He put his arm around the goth girl's shoulder. With this, they started off after Sarah.

...and as long as Sarah didn't remember that the two pieces of cloth, that is, two pairs of her panties, were now spread out in the deepness of his pockets, then he was probably gonna have a great time of rest once they stopped.

It was an island after all. Wasn't any crime in enjoying himself.

((Brendan Wallace and Stacy Hart continued in Gypsy Rap...))
Edited by Brackie, Nov 1 2010, 04:40 PM.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((End of Thread))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Warehouse · Next Topic »
Add Reply