Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pearl and Destiny; Open Thread
Topic Started: Aug 31 2010, 01:42 PM (4,719 Views)
Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Marion Summers continued from There is a Light ))

Marion had been walking aimlessly around the island enjoying nature and being alone. She still couldn’t decide whether it was better to be with someone who could potentially kill you or to be totally alone. She was leaning towards company at least that gave her someone to talk too. Besides the memoir she was writing was getting kind of boring with all the ‘and then I walked some more’ statements.

When the warehouses loomed in front of her, Marion decided it was as good a place as any to find another person or two. Picking a warehouse at random, she tried a door and found it locked. Well, this isn’t a good sign. Determined, she circled around the warehouse and found another door. At first she thought this one was locked too, but after a harder tug it slowly opened.

She peered into the darkened warehouse and rolled her eyes. “Well, what were you expecting,” she asked aloud. Digging in her duffle, she found the flashlight. She then paused to record the latest leg of her journey. Slipping the notebook back into her jeans she flipped the flashlight on. Leaving the door open behind her, she took a couple tentative steps into the building.

“Hello,” she called into the darkness. “Anyone here?”
V5 characters
Kaliska Day
Kathryn Nguyen G61 - deceased Start
Bianca Howard G45 - deceased Start
Logan Cadagon B16 - deceased Start

V4 Characters:
Thea Kairos - G067 - deceased
Alexandria "Alex" Jackson - G046 - rescued
Marion Summers - G074 - deceased
Gracie Wainwright - G081 - deceased
Samaya Boen-Hilstrand - G064-deceased
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Hey, uh..." George said as he stepped inside, keeping his hands out of his pockets.

Marion spun around as a voice sounded behind her. She spun around keeping her flashlight level, as to not blind whoever it was as she had been earlier. Not that she had to worry about it, from the looks of it the boy was almost a foot taller than she was. She’d seen him around campus and her dance studio, but they’d never been in the same classes. Though for the life of her she couldn't place his name.

"I'm sorry if I startled you," he continued, walking around her with his hands up so that she would have a straight shot to the way out of the building. "Umm...have you seen Carly Dooley? I'm trying to find her."

Marion shook her head. “I don’t think so, but that just means she wasn’t in the branch of the tunnels I just climbed out of. I just got here and if you want we can look together.”

She turned and was about to continue into the warehouse when another voice caught her attention. Turning back around she spotted the huge silhouette of Jasper-Declan, who was walking towards her with a gun. She took a few steps backwards even as he assured her that he meant no harm. He was kind of a weird kid and she wasn’t entirely sure she believed him. She took a few more steps and managed to put the first boy between her and Jasper-Declan.

Marion jumped and fumbled with her flashlight, sending light flickering across the warehouse as a scream sounded from deeper in the warehouse. She cursed and tried to get her breathing under control. As the announcement began, Marion retrieved her notebook and pen and began writing furiously.

She sighed as the announcement ended, jotted a few more notes about the boys that had joined her and then returned the notebook to her pocket once more. She was gonna need another notebook at this rate. Shaking her head, she looked over at black haired boy expectantly, unsure of what to say.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
Marion raised her eyes in surprise as Carly, she assumed, came barreling out from somewhere deep in the warehouse. She wasn’t sure that was the best strategy considering that, for all his protestations, Jasper-Declan still had a gun drawn. What brilliant conversationalists we all are, Marion thought as she realized that the extent of their conversation had been, ‘Did you hear that? So did I?’

She figured now was as good a time as any to gain some information. “Hey, guys where’d you come from,” she asked. “I’m assuming that since you entered the warehouse after me, you had to have been somewhere else on the island first. I was in the tunnels with Aston and Bennett. I never did figure out her first name. Although they both kind of disappeared on me while I was writing stuff down. They're super creepy, so I climbed out and wandered for a bit before coming here.”
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
Marion dutifully jotted down the information the others were sharing. George and Carly seemed happy to see each other and Marion wished that there was someone on the island she could be looking for. From the sounds of it Carly had good reason to be hiding. She absently bit the end of her pencil, trying to think of more questions to ask, when suddenly there was a commotion from outside.

She took a step forward then thought better of it, not sure was wanted to go rushing towards the screaming. Some reporter you’re turning out to be, she thought to herself. First hiding behind George and now not going to investigate. She took another step forward and then the screaming became clear. Whoever was outside seemed to be yelling about a Sarah. Marion couldn’t place a Sarah off hand. She delayed the decision by making more notes in her notebook. At this rate she was going to run out of paper. I knew I should have brought more with me.
“Wonder what that’s all about,” she wondered aloud.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
Marion rolled her eyes at the inaction that seemed to have grip the group. The biggest concern was for a washroom. A washroom, who talked like that anyway? She made way to the door just as Carly announced that there was someone hurt outside. Casting a glance back at the other two in the warehouse, she stuck her head out and peered at the pair outside.

“Hey,” she said smiling at Stacy who was leaning over a boy she didn’t recognize. “Anything we can do to help,” she asked rummaging through her bag for the first aid kit she remembered seeing there. “Oh, and if you guys are heading to the lighthouse, you might want to think twice about it. I’m pretty sure the announcement said it was a danger zone.”

She stopped in front of the pair offering them the first aid kit. “So, do you mind if I ask how you got hurt?”
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
Marion sighed and put the first aid kit back since apparently no one was going to take her up on the offer. She stepped back from the group. There seemed to be no point hanging around her when no one was answering any of her questions. There was a lot more ground to cover and stories to collect. She glanced over the group and shrugged she didn’t know any of them really well. They all seemed to be involved in their own little subgroups.

“Well then time to move on,” Marion told herself. Decision made, she gathered her things, making sure that her pencil and notepad were handy and started off. She paused after a half dozen steps, to double check the map, making sure she wasn’t heading into a danger zone. Satisfied with her direction, she tucked the map away, pulled out some crackers and munched on them as she walked.

((Marion Summers continued in Caged in Like Animals))
Edited by Arscapi, Oct 20 2010, 11:21 PM.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Warehouse · Next Topic »
Add Reply