Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pearl and Destiny; Open Thread
Topic Started: Aug 31 2010, 01:42 PM (4,854 Views)
Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
(George Leidman continued from Stay Sane Inside Insanity)

There was a brief moment where George wondered whether or not he would give up on his search. He'd been running for a while, without any sign of success, and upon retrospect, it was stupid of him to think that he would be able to find one person in a large island such as this. However, he forced himself to keep moving, and so it was that his search had taken him to a warehouse just a little ways to the north of the docks. If he had made a beeline right there, his legs would have felt considerably less sore, but he had gone in a more roundabout direction, following the coastline once more. This had taken him far out of the way, and not helping matters was that he had tripped at least twice on the way there.

This had better get me some answers. Otherwise, I could probably just use a rest.

As he approached the building, he caught a fleeting glance of someone stepping inside, someone who looked female. He wasn't able to get a good look at her, and the building itself didn't appear to be lit, so he had absolutely no idea as to whether or not he recognized her. He would just have to follow his instincts on this one and hope that he wasn't walking into a fairly obvious trap. Fortunately for following her, the girl hadn't gone too far into the building. She appeared to be taking it slowly, and George couldn't really say that he wouldn't be doing the same. The building looked like a warehouse, and as a result, there were probably a whole number of things to trip over. He'd have to tread lightly as well. Good thing that the flashlight in his daypack hadn't gotten hurt any.

"Hey, uh..." George said as he stepped inside, keeping his hands out of his pockets. He had been meaning to insert a name where the "uh" had been, but now that he got a closer look at the girl, he realized that he had never really talked to her at all.

Perfect. Just perfect. Might as well get the paranoia train rolling again.

"I'm sorry if I startled you," he continued, walking around her with his hands up so that she would have a straight shot to the way out of the building. "Umm...have you seen Carly Dooley? I'm trying to find her." The lack of familiarity would probably make this conversation as awkward as ever, but George wasn't meaning to make friends in this instance, just to get information. A simple yes or no was all he needed, and then he could leave this girl alone and let her act paranoid towards a man who wasn't even holding a weapon.
V7 Kids
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
Disappointment again! Where was he going to find Carly at this rate? George was about to say that it was okay, and that he'd just have to keep looking, when a new person entered the building, carrying something that looked like an alien raygun in this dim light. Which, combined with his statement of not meaning the group any harm, painted a funny picture in George's mind. But that couldn't be right, could it? The man wasn't tall enough to be an alien, and besides, everyone knows that aliens communicate telepathically right into your brain, rather than speaking out loud.

Shining his own light on the man, George noticed that the raygun was actually some sort of rifle pistol thingie, and that the alien was none other than Jasper-Declan MacDermott. He didn't actually know the guy, but he'd heard of him because of his long and funny name. Seriously, who names their kid MacDermott?

"Okay, but I'm confused," George said slowly, his path backwards blocked by Marion. "If you aren't gonna hurt us, why are you pointing-"

A scream, followed by someone crashing into something, interrupted George's very clever sentence. Whipping his light around to where the noise originated, he noticed somebody hiding in a small space between two packing crates. She looked familiar, and as he stepped forward, keeping himself between Marion and Jasper, he realized why. As the first announcement aired, unnoticed by the swimmer, he said, "Carly! Carly, it's George! Are you okay?" Now that he got the beam focused on her, he realized that she did not look good right now. She must have been terrified.

It's okay, Carly. I'm here now, and I'm gonna protect you.

How, precisely, he was going to do that was entirely up in the air as of the moment, seeing as he was currently unarmed, facing down a man armed with what was unmistakably a pistol. He would have to hope that he was honest about his intentions not to harm the three of them, as George wasn't entirely sure that he would be able to protect these two girls right now.
V7 Kids

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
The first thing that became apparent to George upon reuniting with Carly was that he had been starving for a truly familiar face. Sure, he'd known the names of a few of the people who he'd encountered, but he'd never really been close with any of them. Having a very good friend run up to him and hug him somehow deadened the rest of the world. Jasper was talking about something, and the announcement blared on, but it was as if they had been tuned out. Right now, George was wondering important things like what to say to Carly, whether or not he should hug her back, whether or not he should be paying attention to the rest of the world...stuff like that.

When Carly looked over at Jasper and responded to some question that he had asked, George looked over as well, giving him an excuse to focus on someone other than her. "Y-yeah, I don't mind you being here, either. Sorry, I...ahem, I haven't had too many good experiences with people on this island so far, so I was a little suspicious. But you seem okay." George decided that it wouldn't be best to admit that most of those bad incidents had been his fault. He'd catch up Carly on what he'd been doing when the time was right, but he didn't fully trust the rest of these people to think that he wasn't a player. Goodness knows, the last three or four people had assumed that he was.

"First off, I'm George Leidman. I had a talk with a few people before I got here. I think that most of the kids aren't playing," George said in response to Marion's question, holding onto Carly's hand as he turned around. "I didn't recognize a couple of them, but I know that the green-haired guy-Cisco, I think-isn't going to play the game. I think I might have identified a possible player though. Any of you guys know a guy by the name of Sebastian?" George let the question hang out there. He figured that Carly would know, seeing as Sebastian had slugged her, but he was curious if the name would ring a bell with anyone else.
V7 Kids

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
George was a little nervous when the topic of weapons was brought up. Ever since he had revealed his wallet to Cisco, the thought had occurred to him that a wallet might seem a little suspicious, and that most people would be inclined to suspect that he was pulling a fast one on them. Goodness knows, it looked normal enough to pass for a standard wallet, and all he had to prove the point was the weird money inside it. In the end, he decided to stay quiet about it, and hope that nobody noticed that he wasn't contributing to the big round robin of reveals.

Carly had seemed antsy for a little bit while she was holding onto George's hand, and when she finally got him to let go, he learned the reason why that was. She needed to use a washroom, apparently, which he inferred to be a kind of a weird way to say bathroom. George scanned the general area with his flashlight for something that would look like a bathroom, but the more he looked around, the more it seemed that Carly may have to do it outside, which was going to be awkward for all those involved. He would have to be sure to avert his eyes.

Of course, what happened next obliterated any thoughts of going outside, at least for the moment. Through the open door, George saw people running past, shouting for somebody named Sarah. He wondered if it was a good idea to investigate what was going on before his brain responded less than a second later with a resounding No! George chose to follow his brain's advice, a first in this competition. While his brain was alive and active, something else occurred to him. "Wait a second..." George said, consulting his map. "...Say guys, what was Danya saying about the Lighthouse? I think those guys are running that way." He was certain that he had heard something about it, but he wasn't exactly sure what it was. He had been too busy reuniting with Carly.

I hope he was saying that the Lighthouse was full of candy or something like that, otherwise those people are gonna be screwed.
V7 Kids

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
Judging by the thumps and the voices outside, a number of other people (or perhaps the same ones) had come by in a rather clumsy manner. Without any hesitation, George ran outside around the same time that Marion did and saw that a couple people had fallen against the warehouse's outer wall, and another was looking on with not-remotely disguised amusement. George was tempted to ask if they were okay, but stopped when the man who had fallen over pulled up his pants leg and revealed some deep cuts. The swimmer wasn't a medical student, but he had a hunch that this wasn't good, and he began to wonder whether he'd need to volunteer his medical kit to help the cut man and his friend.

Fortunately, Marion was already on top of things, running out to provide aid to the two people who injured themselves. As he watched her go to help them, a rather nasty thought was running through his mind. He wasn't sure that Carly would agree, but it was becoming obvious that having a group like this gathered in one spot was just inviting disaster. There'd have to be some sort of separation at some point or another, but he wasn't sure when that would be. He'd have to make sure that it happened soonish, before some maniac with a grenade tossed one into their midst.

In the meantime, he turned back to talk to Carly. "I think Marion's taking care of them," he said, missing no opportunity to state the obvious. "Stay here, okay? I'm gonna talk to...uh...that one." He gestured vaguely in the direction of the laughing girl, who had also begun to provide medical attention to her compatriots. He'd probably seen her before, but he couldn't place her, making things a little awkward so far as nomenclature was concerned.

"Hey, uh..." George said as he approached, still stumbling over Stacy's name. "Are you guys okay? Besides the obvious injuries, I mean. I mean, sure, it could have been a lot worse, what with running into a danger zone and all, but that still looks nasty and...uh..." George wasn't sure where he was going with this, so he decided to change the subject. "So...why were you going to the Lighthouse anyway? Anything good in there that would have been worth the trouble? 'Cause if you ask me, we could just wait until tomorrow, and the place would be safe again. Right?"

It's not like we have anywhere specific we need to get to right now.
V7 Kids

Blastinus
Member Avatar
That's Just Crazy Talk
[ *  *  *  * ]
Even though Marion didn't voice her current mood, George could glean the sentiment from her actions. They who had come to aid this threesome were being ignored rather flagrantly, and it seemed like it wouldn't be a good use of their time to linger any longer. Following Marion's lead, George stepped away from the group, but while Marion went her own way, George rejoined Jasper and Carly. With a disappointed look on his face, he shook his head and said, "I think they've got things under control. We should probably just let them be. You coming, Carly?"

George had decided that now was the time to leave for a less crowded space. Seeing as this group had their own plans, it wasn't necessary to recruit them either. Adjusting his bag on his shoulders, he stepped off towards the trees, motioning for Jasper and Carly to follow. He had a plan for a place to go, but he wasn't sure that either of them would like it. Still, if Jasper came along with them, the two of them could keep Carly safe enough, and that was all that George was concerned with at this time. He would have to find a better weapon before he thought about rescuing a larger number of people than this.

What's with these people and not working with me? Do I have bad breath or something?

George made a mental note to check that hypothesis at the nearest available opportunity.

(George Leidman continued elsewhere)
V7 Kids

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Warehouse · Next Topic »
Add Reply