Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Haven't You Got Eyes in Your Head?; Private thread, but it's worth it. Trust me.
Topic Started: Aug 28 2010, 09:35 PM (3,531 Views)
Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
On the left is a mod, on the right is a pre-made psycho...get the picture?
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Tabitha "Tabi" Gweneth continued from A Solitude That Asks Nothing in Return))

Tabi had clutched the blondes hand as tight as she possibly could have when it had been reached out to her. As she did so, she began to squint and looked only ahead of him, tunnel vision taking hold of her. Her breath becoming heavy as she moved forward, turning into heavy panting. It wasn't until her rescuer stopped and let go of her hand that she began to realize where she was and how far she had gone. The pines of the forest were now sparse and the elevation had caused her ears to feel stuffy with the increase in pressure.

Tabi bent down, her hands on her hips, as she tried to regain her breath. Her whole body felt uncomfortable. Sweat beaded to the bridge of her nose, mixing in with the mud and grime of the swamp and dropping down into the gritty dirt bellow. She wiped her arm around her lip in an attempt to remove the snot under her nose and the blood that was pooling around a cut lip. She swallowed hard, and the pressure that was in her ears, dissipated into nothing.

When she stood back up and turned to her companion, she saw the blood...

It stunned her for a moment, at first it looked like a bizarre tattoo that was running down his right arm. However when the blood began to drip into the rock face she screamed. She had only seen this much blood once or twice in real life and those times there was an ambulance minutes later.

"Oh my god, oh my god! Are you alright!" she said, running over to the bloody arm stretching her arm out to it, "Can I do anything to hel-"

"Well, hope you're happy!"

Tabi reeled back, staring straight at the harsh blue eyes. She felt so small right then, the continued stare caused her to wilt away from him, fresh tears welling up into her eyes. He was right, it WAS her fault, it's because she was saved by him that he had been shot at by Clio.

"I'm s-s-so-so sorry" she sobbed turning her back to him, "I didn't mean for y-you to ge-get shot..."

She moved over to a nearby rock and sat down, she placed her arms onto her knees in an attempt to stop them from shaking but to no avail. This wasn't supposed to happen! She was supposed to go to a park and camp, have the time of her life and graduate.

"I don't even know where I am," she thought aloud through the sobs, "I don't even know who YOU are! I'm just s-so sorry..."
v5 characters
B054:Oscar Trig-Smoker, Artist, Film Buff

Please, message me if you have ideas, I sure don't!

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's all my fault, it's all my fault...The guy's bleeding like crazy and it's cause I did nothing...

Tabi tried to wipe her eyes in attempt to calm herself. She breathed deeply in an attempt to regain her composure. She found herself still shaking, but not crying. She stared down at the ground, brought her legs closer to her and hugged them, not wanting to look at the damage she had caused

"Hey... I need help with this. You're not squeamish, right?"

She turned towards the blonde man, there was a lot of blood to deal with. She had helped some of her fellow skateboarders with minor wounds, but a gunshot wound was something completely different.

Of course it was completely different, it was a freaking gunshot wound! This was a way that she could help him out! She had at least some medical experience, however minimal, but damn it she had to do something!

"Sure...um I can help yah out..."

Tabi's mind tried to wrap around what she had done to heal wounds, or at least to bandage them up...Water! She needed water to clean the area around the wound. She dug her hands into the open bag and found a canteen full of it.

"Um, I'm sorry," she said moving her still shaking arm towards his bloody sleeve, "This is gonna sting a little..."

She moved his sleeve back as far as she could with one arm, revealing the bloody mess that was the wound. She breathed a sigh of relief that it seemed to be a graze, almost like an over-sized cut. She began to pour a little water around the wound in an attempt to clear the blood away. She then screwed the cap back on and rummaged through the first aid kid.

"Um um um...oh here we are! Antiseptic spray!"

She sprayed around the area in an attempt to avoid any kind of infection. She normally used Polysporin to heal the area, but this would have to do.

Tabi finally grabbed the roll of gauze and gingerly wrapped it around the boy's wound. As she did so, she noticed that there was a slim collar around his neck, she had seen a lot of goth kids wearing some sort of collar as a fashion statement, but he didn't exactly look like a goth kid...

"Hey..." she said as she finished wrapping up the bandage, "I uh...I was wondering...wh-who are you and um...what exactly is going on I mean...why was Clio shooting at us?"
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi placed the rest of the gauze roll back into the medical kit and managed a tiny smile before having a small fit of sneezing again. So the person who saved her life was named Ivan. She tried to put the name through her rolodex of people that she 'knew' and she found that she DID know an Ivan, or at least know of an Ivan. There was this Ivan that was on the tennis team at Bayview...Tabi began to feel very confused, he made it three people that she ran into that were from Bayview, not to mention herself...

What on earth was going on here...

The answer came quicker than Tabi Gweneth had expected and it started to make her tremble again. It was all starting to make sense and she didn't like it one bit! There was only one possible 'game' that was out there where people were fighting to death and explained why she had seen so many classmates there already...

"W-we're on...S-Survival of the Fi-Fi-Fittest...aren't we Ivan?"

Tabi slowly began to stand up, trying to maintain a balance while her body continued to shake. She had always thought that it was some television show. It was just like Survivor or Big Brother or The Hills. It wasn't really real right? The people in the past three versions only three had lived right. But that meant that so many others had died...

D-d-did that mean...

Tabi scrambled to stand in front of the blond athlete her hand starting to reach out for him, before her mind stopped her from doing so.

"B-but...but you saved me Ivan! I-I was going to be shot and you...you..."

She stared down into his eyes hoping for something tangible, something to say that he was didn't mean what he said, but she couldn't find anything there...

"You saved my life..."
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi had stared into his eyes for what seemed like hours, hoping for some sort of response from Ivan but found no such response from him. Her head started to bob down in defeat, a wave of cold washing over her already shivering body. She began to retract her arm and began to hug herself.

"Get lost!"

Her head shot up to look at Ivan, she had thought for a moment that he was asking her to leave, but saw that he was staring out in the distance. She turned in the direction and saw Keith Cristoph appearing from the trees.

Tabi remembered Keith from Bayview, he was, by all accounts a really quiet kid. He was tall (then again who wasn't at her school?) and unassuming. She had tried to make friends with him every once and a while, like she always did with her fellow student body but he brushed her attempts off, preferring to read books to himself. She didn't mind that, some people just weren't very sociable and Tabi had lots of other friends to spend time shopping with or to hang out at the skate park with.

"GET LOST!"

Tabi saw the look on Ivan's face and was afraid of what she saw. Ivan had had a similar look at one point earlier today, and that lead to him getting shot to get her out of there. He was injured now and Keith was advancing closer and she didn't want to see Ivan or Keith get hurt.

As Keith began to talk back to them, Tabi found herself slowly shifting back behind Ivan once more. He kept on moving closer...and he was sounding like he had a weapon. Was he after their packs? Or was he after something more...

"Now... why don't we start by you backing away from your backpacks so-"

Tabi could barely process what had happened next. Ivan sprung up like a rocket charging towards the large boy, who then proceeded to launch Ivan towards a lone pine tree nearby. Sending him crashing to the ground with a loud snap.

"Ivan!" Tabi screamed starting to move towards where he had fallen. She had passed a now running Keith before skidding to a halt. Her jaw began to drop and her eyes began to widen.

Ivan had leapt back up again and had ran past her, brandishing a large and gruesome looking pine branch. She turned and watched helplessly as the shorter kid caught up to Keith and swept the large man's feet from under him.

She had tried to rush to where Ivan and Keith now stood.

"Stop it Ivan! Don't-"

Thwack

Tabi froze in place as Ivan brought the branch down on Keith. The world was becoming hollow again, and everything began to move as if time had slowed down into nothing. Tabi wanted to move, she wanted to run, she wanted to stop Ivan from doing this, but she couldn't move. It was as if she was back at the swamp, and the suction was pulling her down, forcing her to stay and watch what she was now seeing.

Thwack

She had wanted to cry again, but now no tears would come to her. She just stood there, squinting her eyes, but still able to see the carnage that was unfolding in front of her. She heard a loud series of screams, they weren't her own, they couldn't be her own, it was Keith's, his glasses had now shattered into pieces after that second swing. He was scared, just like she was...

Thwack

More screams, and now, there was blood trickling from Keith's nose and face, she couldn't see any more from this distance. Blood was now on the branch as well, after three swings it was already looking like it could break at any moment. Tabi couldn't tell what was going through Ivan's head, her vision starting to haze into a blur...

Thwack

Tabi's legs collapsed from under her, and she began to sob dryly. She tried her hardest to curl into a ball as if to protect herself from the world around her, she could see no more of it, she didn't want to see any more of it, but she could hear. The screams wouldn't stop, she tried to cover her ears, and press as tight as she could, anything to deafen the noise of the world around her, but it proved fruitless, she could still hear the screams, she could still hear Ivan.

Thwack

Thwack

Thwack...
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thwack

Thwack

Thwack...

Silence....

Tabi removed her hands from her ears, there was no sounds, nothing at all...

Her body was still quivering and her breath unsteady. Her nose and lips felt wet with mucus once more, her mouth however was dry. Her eyes were still shut tight, this had to have been a dream right? She'd wake up any minute now and find herself in a safe and warm bed. She'd run straight to her mom and she'd hug her for as long as she possibly could. Then the two of them would join her Dad and go to IHOP and have a large stack of pancakes...

She opened her eyes...She was still here...

Tabi saw the body. No it wasn't a body, not now, she didn't know what it was. All she could see was a bloody mess. Her lips began to quiver and her arms began to hug her chest.

Ivan was still here too, he didn't have the branch in his hand, but he just stood there...watching...

Ivan had killed poor Keith Cristoph...

She had closed her eyes again, she didn't want to see that...thing that was lying on the ground. If she closed her eyes it wouldn't be there, she'd just be in a dark place away from it all. It was certainly better than the alternative...

Tabi summoned up as much energy as possible and let loose a loud scream...She was trapped on an island and she just witnessed a classmate of hers get brutally murdered. Fear had taken over her, but she couldn't run, her legs just wouldn't work!

She had Ivan's voice calling out to her, but she wouldn't open her eyes, opening her eyes meant looking at the body. Accepting what she had just witnessed.

Arms grabbed her shoulder and her entire body locked up. Someone was clutching her, keeping her from moving. She peaked open her eyes and saw the green shades of Ivan...

Ivan the murderer was grabbing her!

".... Tabi."

Tabi began to panic. Her breathing was becoming more and more unsteady, causing her to hyperventilate. She closed her eyes once more, it hurt to keep them shut but she refused to open them! Her body began to squirm, trying to find any way out of his grip find anyway to get away from him. She shook her head back and forth and began to moan.

"No...No...No....No no no no no no no! Get away from me...LET ME GO!!!!!!"
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi heard Ivan call out her name again, but this only made her squirm more. She tried screaming again but it started to become more painful to do so, her throat was starting to dry out now. Nobody would be able to hear her soon and she wouldn't be able to do anything to save her self, save for worming her way out. She tried thrashing more Now using her arms and legs to try and push her away from him, away from here and away from that...thing...

"Tabi... Tabi, listen to me!"

Tabi stopped flailing and looked up to Ivan. Her body continued to quiver and she let the occasional squeaking sob escape from her lips. She was afraid to continue looking at him, he just sat there and stared. He didn't look angry, he didn't look crazed, he just looked...sad.

"What just happened, I... I..."

What was Ivan doing. Was he apologizing to her? Why? Did Ivan think doing that would bring back poor Keith? Why? Why did he do it in the first place? He wasn't doing anything wrong! He just walked in on them and then...it was all a blur.

Why? Why was he still staring at her? Was he getting some kind of sick pleasure out of this? Tabi wanted to look away from him, but he just kept staring. Was he actually sorry?

"It's... that's going to happen, Tabi, but... no, listen to me!"

She felt her body tense up as Ivan loosened his grip on her. A rush of breath escaped her lips as he did so. He still gazed into her, she was becoming more and more confused now, her brain starting to pound trying to make sense of it all.

"I told you, there are no heroes, and I'm sorry I can't be one, but you need to get your head on straight! Calm down... breathe, and don't look at... that... again."

Tabi couldn't look at him any more, she couldn't understand him at all. She gazed down at her feet and began to breath slowly, still shaking, but the fear in her body was starting to lessen with each breath. Tabi wrapped her arms around her legs once more and nodded slightly.

"O-okay..."
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi gazed back up at Ivan when he suggested they leave. She found herself nodding as fast as she possibly could. She wanted to leave this place right now and as fast as possible.

The young roller skater found herself hesitating though as she looked into his eyes. This man had killed someone. He killed someone right before her eyes. How on earth could she believe that she wouldn't be the next one on his list?

Because he had helped her? Tabi just wasn't sure anymore...

Her thoughts went back to where she was now, she was sitting in a clearing. The body of Keith Cristoph was still there, she knew it. She didn't want to look at it anymore. The moment was stuck in her head now, and looking back to it would only remind her of what had happened and how she failed to do anything...

As she stood up, her mind was made up, she would leave with Ivan. She didn't know where he was going, and for all that she was concerned, she really didn't care, anywhere was better than here...

She still kept her distance from Ivan though. She was still too afraid to come withing his arms reach and too afraid to ask him why...

____

The slope began to drop in front of them, it wasn't sudden, it was just a gradual, but traversable drop in terrain. The two of them had been walking for hours and Ivan was now taking the lead. Tabi had taken to staring at the back of the blonde's head for however long the two of them had now traveled.

Tabi's mind was lost in a series of thoughts. She had been thinking about Ivan and why the boy had not killed her. She was thinking about the boy that she had only talked too a handful of times but was now left alone in a clearing, not to be bothered by anyone anymore. She was thinking about why on earth she was here and not in a nice warm bed, or on her soft, fluffy, and hideously floral couch....

She felt terrible now. She was still dirty from the swamp. Her once yellow shirt and blue jean shorts were now a mess of brown earth and gritty sand. Her hair was in shambles and she began to blush as she realized that she may have peed herself...She didn't even remember doing it, but now it was all she could think of, she felt so embarrassed and so small...

Oh god what am I thinking...

It was then that she heard the sound of rushing water nearby and she found herself blurting out her thoughts.

"Um...Ivan...um....there's uh...like a river nearby and um....i-is there a chance that....well...you know?"
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi shrunk back for a moment when Ivan responded to her question. It wasn't too much to ask was it? She felt terrible and she felt the heat from blushing on her mud streaked cheeks. The girl wanted a bath and then everything would be alright...

Everything would be alright...

Tabi tried her hardest to convey her need for bathing, staring at him as best and as strongly as she could, hoping to convey any sort of message through to him. He didn't flinch however and Tabi was starting to lose hope that she would get her wish. She opened her mouth to speak out but Ivan spoke first.

"Alright. You lead, find a spot. I'll do... I don't know, whatever."

Tabi's head perked up when he said that. She took three steps forward to hug Ivan, but stopped moving. She paused for a second looking into Ivan's face, before nodding quietly in response.

"S-Sure thing..."

The two of them walked ahead for about two minutes, following the sound of the water before they reached their destination. It was a small stream, maybe six meters wide and not very deep, but it was enough for Tabi. She turned back to look back at Ivan as she dropped her backpack down on the ground.

"Ok...so um...I'll be uh....right there," she said pointing at the small ridge nearby, "Um...if you could uh...if you could uh...go...over there I guess...I-I'll be out...soon..."

Tabi had pointed to a small batch of trees nearby. It was thick enough that she wouldn't be seen, but close enough that he could be within talking distance. She turned back to face the water staring at the reflection for a moment before slowly slipping her shoes off of her feet. She looked behind her one last time and saw that Ivan was not in view and then she slipped a foot into the water.

She felt a rush of cold rush into her leg, she had expected it, but she still shivered at the rush. The water didn't move very quickly so she was able to stand in it with little difficulty. Once she had become more accustomed to the stream she began to crouch down before placing her body next to the ridge.

Tabi never bathed with her clothing on. She'd be the first to congratulate the person that actually did that with any regularity. However today...today was a special case...She began to rub water-soaked hands onto her face and arms, before turning her gaze to the water, becoming lost in the gentle flowing current.

Did she really need this bath? Did she really?

No...

Tabitha wanted to forget the events of the day, she wanted to wash it all away. Remove all the dirt, grime and memories and let it roll down the current until it flowed all the way into the ocean, or a lake, or wherever the water went after it left where she was. This place was peaceful; the only sound that could be heard was the sound of rushing water.

The sun was beginning to rise, casting rays of light in between the mass of trees and into the water. It was morning now, she had lasted the night and now, she was at peace. She closed her eyes and took in the moment, the water washing away all the tension...

"Kids, I have to say that I'm truly impressed with your first day showing. Blood! Tragedy! Explosions! Mayhem! You've utterly smashed the record for first day kills; it makes an old man proud to see you all taking his instructions so thoroughly to heart! Congratulations to those of you that are still alive, because you've already outlasted 19 of your classmates."

Tabi's eyes shot back open as soon as she heard those words. Her head whipped back and forth trying to find a source. The voice didn't sound like Ivan, and she wasn't sure where it was even coming from. Without an idea as to where it was, Tabi was forced to listen on as the voice gleefully started to list off all of the people who were now dead.

She wrapped her arms around her chest in a hug and her knees were brought close towards her once more. Back to reality. It had all been so wonderful, but now...it was all gone again...

"Unlucky number thirteen was Keith Christoph. He got beaten to a pulp by Ivan Kuznetsov and trust me folks, it's one for the highlight reel! What do they say about the quiet ones, eh?"

Tabi looked back behind her where Ivan was supposed to be.

Keith...oh god....poor Keith...

The act had been so sudden. Tabi tried to move, she could of sworn that she had tried. Ivan just grabbed a branch, charged forward and then...that was it...

Tabi found a flood of questions rush to her mind. There were so many things that she wanted to know now. She had a right to know! There was only one thing that she could manage though.

"Why Ivan...." she said, calling out to him, "Ivan...why?"
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
There was silence at first. Tabi could hear the water running downstream, but Ivan's voice didn't yield an answer.

It was then when she heard something from behind her. It was a strange noise to her; it sounded like Ivan, she could surmise that much. The sound though it was something she hadn't expected...

It was sobbing... Ivan the boy who murdered Keith Cristoph was crying...

Tabitha Gweneth fully turned around to face the sound of the cries. Her mouth was going slack as she listened and she felt her vision become misty. Ivan was crying and Tabi was becoming confused by it all.

Could it be that Ivan...didn't know why?

The stray tears that ran down her cheeks were hot and in turn they began to warm her cheeks. There was supposed to be an answer to this! People had a motive to killing someone, that's why people could make sense of it all. It was a way that she could make sense of it all! It couldn't just be nothing!

Ivan was a quiet kid, he played tennis on the school team and just went about his business. He wasn't the type to have done...that to anybody, let alone poor Keith. So why? Why did he do it? Why did Keith have to die? Most importantly though, why was he crying right here right now?

She let out a sudden gasp as an idea struck her.

He's...he's just like me...

The idea confused her at first. The world was supposed to be simple right? Ivan killed because he was a monster, someone that killed was always a monster right?

Monsters never cried though...

Tabi wiped her eyes dry and washed the mucus off of her face. She began to eek her way gently out of the water and onto the riverbank, letting her legs stay in the water as she sat there. Her hands came together and she began to rub them gently against each other, feeling the freshly developed wrinkles as she did so. She shivered at first, but felt her body warming as the sun shown down on her.

She sat there for a while, listening to Ivan as he continued to sob. There was something she could do, right? Something she could say that would stop Ivan from weeping further. She knew it was out there, but no words came to her. Either out of the same fear that possibly made Ivan kill or out of a concern that anything she said would just made it worse, she said nothing.

Tabi waited for a while, just sitting there, struck dumb and mute. Her eyes began to wander back to the river, hoping to get lost again in something that was much simpler than now. Even that, proved useless to her and when she next opened her mouth, words began to break out.

"I'm sorry...Ivan...I'm sorry about asking...and...I'm sorry about your arm...I'm so sorry..."
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Mild GMing approved by MK))

Tabi wiped her face again, removing the slow trickle of moisture from her eyes and nose and inhaled heavily through her nose to stop it from running more. The sudden rush gave way to a small fit of sneezes and a foul taste in he mouth that caused her to moan in discomfort and attempt to wipe the area around her mouth once more. Her body was shaking and she could feel her teeth beginning to rattle inside.

She had been cold for most of the first day and now she was freezing. That bath had seemed like such a wonderful idea and something she had needed to do. Now it seemed foolish, she was clean, but now she was rubbing her arms for warmth.

Tabi had noticed, that Ivan had stopped crying and she felt relieved. At least she thought it was relief. Did that mean that Ivan forgave her? Did that mean he was ready to kill again. She didn't quite know, and although she thought it couldn't likely be option B, she still felt a little antsy.

She had turned her head when he heard Ivan coming towards her. It was odd to see him the way he looked now. There had been a slight aura of confidence about him at one point. He had looked so different from the first time she met him. He had been standing straight, looking outwardly into the ocean and, in a way, looked surprisingly at peace. It was so different now, his body had slouched, he didn't dare look upwards, his face was beet red and now...

Tabi slid her legs out of the frigid water and walked up to Ivan. In Bayview, she would have wrapped her arms around someone like him, in an attempt to comfort him or her and talk out their troubles. Tabi knew though, that today, today was...different...

"So... are you ready to go?"

Tabi looked up to his face. He still wasn't making eye contact with her, not that she was surprised. It seemed that he wouldn't be killing now. He didn't look like a killer, at least, not as much as he did before...

She began to rub her arms again as she brought them around her body in an attempt to be less cold. She had to change now, she felt terrible about asking him to wait even more but...it had to be done. Not in front of Ivan though, she wouldn't even dream of doing it in front of Ivan right now.

"Um, yeah I'm...well uh...I uh...I need to get changed...so um..."

Ivan look had shifted for a moment, but he nodded.

"Go on...just...make it quick!"

Tabi's face flinched upwards in the tiniest smile she could give and shuffled over to where Ivan had been previously, grabbing her backpack in the process.

It was strange, Tabi found, changing out of wet clothing. It clung to her body like it had been glued to her. She could hear small squishing noises as she picked the fabric off of her arms and chest. After an initial struggle she was able to remove her now 100% mud free, banana yellow shirt. She slid off her socks and then, with some effort, her jean shorts as well.

She then stopped and looked to her bag. She knew that she had an extra set of underwear inside, but...

But then I'm naked and...

Tabi felt uncomfortable, she was freezing cold and even if she put on new clothing, that would become wet too. But she wasn't alone, it wasn't just Ivan, what if some random creep was watching her...right now...

"B-b-but I'm so...c-c-c-cooold..." she mumbled through clinking teeth.

Tabi pushed herself forward, closer to the bag and rammed her hand inside, quickly feeling for her bra and panties. She clutched them tightly and then raced to pull em out. There was a moments hesitation before she had changed, thoughts lingering back to the mystery man to could be hiding in the nearby bushes, and then back to how numb her body had felt. The body won outright and she removed and replaced her undergarments as fast as she humanly could.

She let out a loud sigh of relief as she finished buckling up her bra before digging out a bright blue skirt out of her bag. It was a beautiful piece, something she was hoping to save for the last day of camping so that she could show off in front of the boys at the camp. Of course, showing off was the least of her worries now...

Tabi placed it on without any incident and then brought out a peach blouse.

As she unfolded it, she let out a huge gasp and froze. At first, she mistook it for some sort of rip in her shirt, but as she turned her shirt around, she saw it was anything but.

On her blouse were three ragged holes, one in the bottom. one in the lower chest and one in the sleeve. All in places where it was folded.

Her thoughts had raced back to the day before, she remembered the moment. It was on that beach, Clio had fired the gun four times and, they had missed her, one of them had hit Ivan, but the other three had missed...

There was no mistaking though...they were bullet holes...She had been shot at...

It had been so close. If she had been maybe a foot to the left. She could have died. She could have been another Keith Cristoph...

Tabi wanted to cry, she had wanted to cry, but she felt nothing coming out. Instead, she just began to shake, out of fear and out of cold she just sat there. The blouse was a favorite of hers, something her grandma had helped pick out with her on her 18th birthday. Now it had holes in it and it told her how close she had been, how she was able to live today, while Keith...

She brought the shirt towards her body and hugged it close to her. Her body curled up towards her knees and she let out a series of low moans.

It had been close...it had been so very close...
Edited by Greg The Anti-Viking, Sep 20 2010, 01:40 AM.
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabitha Gweneth felt numb inside. Alone once more...

She felt the fabric press against her cold skin. She woke up alone, she wanted to be in the mall, she wanted to be at the skate park, she wanted to be in her bed. Anywhere would be better...than this state of...alone...

Tabi shivered, staring at her own bare feet. The pink nail polish had chipped and flaked. Her feet were pale and her toes made tiny convulsions. The world was much smaller and simpler when she looked at them though. It was a world where, she wasn't on an island, she hadn't seen a murder, she hadn't been at a place where someone tried to kill her. She was just there, staring at her toes. They had needed new polish, but she didn't bring any on the trip. She was thinking that she would have dyed them green...when she got back...

Her hands clutched tighter to her peach shirt when she thought of that. Her lips closed tightly, trying not to quiver. Trying not to think back to the fact that she was...alone...

She heard something in the distance. Calling her name...

A voice?

Her gaze lifted up, there was a blonde man there. She remembered now, Ivan, that's right. Ivan was here...

Tabi's eyes returned to her toes. Looking at Ivan was a reminder her where she was. It was right here, with the bullet holes in her shirt. It was away from her feet, away from the grass under it, and away from the chipped pink polish.

The voice continued to buzz, coming closer and closer. She wished to cover her ears, but she wouldn't let go of the blouse. She wouldn't look up to him it was better the way it was now...

"Tabi, it's... it's alright. Everything will be fine."

The voice was calm, gentle and soft spoken. She didn't want to look up, but her head moved up ever so slightly. Her misty eyes met his icy blues, she wanted to look away, but there was something different about them. They weren't the hard stern gaze of before, it was much softer, almost nervous.

"Things could have been very bad... yeah... but, uh... well, that just means you're lucky. And somebody really wants to keep you alive. Keep your chin up, alright?"

Tabi sniffed, her fingers playing with one of the holes in her blouse. She was not as strong as Ivan was, the man had just killed someone, and here he was, dealing with her. It left her feeling weak, and stupid, but she felt safer with someone like him. It meant she wasn't alone.

She leaned over towards Ivan, and whispered through chattering teeth.

"I-its going to be all ri-ri-right...r-right I-I-Ivan?"
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi glanced up to look at Ivan again and saw him nod his reassurance. For the first time on the island she felt an actual smile creep onto her face. There was hope, Ivan brought that hope and at the end of the day, it would all be fine. The two of them would be able to stick together and every single thing would be alright.

Tabi stared upwards as Ivan stood up, he smiled back at her. He had never really smiled before, not at school and certainly not here. It was odd at first, he was such a serious guy and yet this smile. It made her feel warm inside, calmer than him just nodding an answer.

"Come on, then. On your feet."

Tabi gave a small nod, "Ok..."

She still desperately clung to her blouse as she slowly got up to a crouch. After one more tight squeeze of her shirt she began to springboard up to her feet. Her eyes went from Ivan's face, to her small backpack.

Tabi knew that there was at least another shirt in there besides her now damn yellow one. A part of her wanted to change again, she didn't want to see the holes that were there, she didn't want to remember it all.

But...

Ivan had been shot at, there was nothing that he could do about it. It was a reminder of what had already happened, regardless of what she had wanted. Her fingers wormed their way into the holes, wiggling them in the empty space. Maybe she could have used her own reminder. A reminder that she could have died, just like Ivan. A reminder that now everything would be alright. A reminder that so long as Ivan was here, everything would be okay.

Tabi took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She moved the shirt away from her chest and put it on. The cotton fabric pressed close to her body, it felt nice and although she still felt cold, this was an improvement.

When she opened her eyes she immediately gazed down to the holes. They all peppered the right side of the shirt, one at her kidney, one under her right breast and one around the shoulder. A wave of fear washed over her again, but she did her best to dispel it.

She looked to Ivan and forced a smile. He was here, and she wasn't alone. That was a much better situation than the alternative...

"Let me get my shoes...then we can go..."

She grabbed a pair of socks from her bag and went back to the river. She put on her white ankle socks and slid her feet into her favorite pair of black skate shoes. After that, she found herself pausing, staring one last time at that small brook she had bathed in.

So much had happened in only a day now. Tabi had wished that she was still dreaming, but her hopes for that was a mere pipe dream now. She couldn't turn her back on it now it had happened and that was that. She had hope though, there had to be a way out. There just had to be.

Tabi ran back to Ivan and grabbed her backpack, looping it onto her shoulders.

"Are you uh...ready to go?"
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Locked Topic