Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Obstacles In Our Path; Brief Private thread - TOPIC CLOSED
Topic Started: Aug 28 2010, 05:08 PM (1,291 Views)
Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
(Continued from Hungover in Hell)

Tyler Franklin was not a happy young man when he made his way down to the coastal woods. The fact of the matter was that his trudge to the coast had been easy as far as the walking went, but hard as far as actually getting there without being seen. For all its apparent size, the island felt like it was crawling with people who he didn't know were playing or not.

Tyler had mostly avoided those he had seen. The gunshots he had heard a few moments earlier seemed to confirm his suspicion that he needed to avoid other people as much as possible to survive, and only to deal with them once he had an idea of who could be trusted and who couldn't. And right now, he had no idea of who fit into either category.

I will survive this. I will survive this.

That thought pulsed through his mind as he reached the coast, hearing gunshots. He'd checked his bag; he had a tire iron in one hand that he'd been issued as a weapon. But tire irons weren't going to get him anywhere if someone else pulled a gun on him. To survive that, he'd need something better...a gun of his own or something he could lay a trap with to get the drop on them or...something. He was trying to think. But the tire iron was better than nothing, he knew that. At least he could use it, and tire iron or no, Tyler knew he was going to have hell getting through this on just the provided rations. He needed more, but for now he knew he had what he needed to at least stay alive.

As Tyler approached the beach, he at last came upon someone whom he could see as a target to grab the equipment of: One person, alone, and distracted with the scenery. Approaching as quietly as he could, timing his steps as closely as he could manage with the waves falling on the edge of the island, Tyler wordlessly stepped up behind Alice. The sand muffled whatever sounds of his approach might have survived his efforts at hiding them.

This sucks...whomever you are, I'm sorry I have to do this, but I didn't ask to be on this show any more than you did, and I know you've got food that I need, and who knows what else. And I know better than to ask for all your stuff...that's how I die on this show.

And with that thought flying through his mind, in and out in a matter of seconds as he crosses the beach, Tyler Franklin takes one hard swing with his tire iron at the back of Alice Blake. And though there's no camera positioned to see his face as he does so, he closes his eyes, hoping this would be a one-hit fight, that he could get what he needed, and that he wouldn't actually have to kill her.
Characters:
David Anderson (deceased)
Tyler Franklin (deceased)
Bill Davis (not dead yet...but soon!)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
It doesn't take Tyler long to see that one hit wasn't enoigh to stop Alice from at least trying to mount a counter-attack, not that he could blame her. It wouldn't stop him in her shoes, either...but for now, he was just glad that he wasn't the one on the recieving end of this. It was a small blessing, but it was a blessing all the same.

Again.

Tyler takes a second swing, also aimed at Alice's back, as she attempts to rise. This shot is aimed higher on her back; Alice being on the ground gives him more flexibility in where to pick his shots, and he's taking full advantage of that. Frowning, he gives the swing his all.

What is perhaps stunning is that other than a light grunt at the effort he puts into the swing, Tyler doesn't say a word or utter a sound. Combined with Alice's silence, the scene is chilling for its lack of noise, the sound of the impacts of the tire iron almost drowned out by the sound of the ocean.

Regardless of Alice's reaction to the second swing, Tyler takes a third hard swing at her back right on the heels of the second swing, with another grunt accompanying it. Other than the grunts, though, he says nothing yet again.

Let's get this over with. I don't want to actually have to fight you...whoever you are...just go down, don't get back up, I'll take what I need, and I'll move on.

And then, with three hard swings done, Tyler steps back to look at what she has that he can take. He's not concerned with finishing the kill...not now, not yet, and if he can help it not ever. For the moment, three swings should be enough to incapacitate anyone for a few moments. He's concerned with surviving and getting what he needs to not to die. That's all this is to him: Nothing personal, however brutal it can be, just one desperate kid trying to win what is quite literally the fight of his life.
Characters:

Anderson
Survivor
[ *  * ]
"Walk away." She hissed thought clenched teeth. "Now."

Tyler looked up at Alice as she spoke unexpectedly. He'd been hoping to avoid this. He really, really had, and the fact that Alice was back up so quickly surprised him.

Damn. Not good.

In this situation, there was good news and there was bad news. The good news was that he'd managed to get the food and water out of her bags before she trained her gun on him. Obviously, it was also nice of her not to draw a bead on him and plug him with a shot in the back. The bad news was that, of course, there was a gun pointed at him, presumably a loaded one, and he'd only brought a figurative knife to this fight.

Slowly setting the bag down, Tyler raised his hands, talking slowly. "Alright. I'm going to take my bags and go, and neither of us is going to get killed." As he says this, he reached down for his two bags, slowly lifting them up "Ok? Neither of us wants to kill anyone, right?"

Which is why I didn't kill you when I had the chance. You do get that, right?

And with that, Tyler Franklin slowly began backing away into the woods, before getting a tree or two between him and Alice. Once he did that, he ran as fast as he could, trying to get distance between himself and the girl with the gun.

Shit, that was close!

((Tyler Franklin continued elsewhere))
Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Add Reply