Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
No News is Good News; G097
Topic Started: Aug 28 2010, 02:31 PM (3,788 Views)
Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sarah Atwell continued from The Prime Time of Your Life))

She had been sitting on a rock close to the clearing for a few minutes when Sarah finally heard the voices of Lily and Miranda float in to her ears from the small area nearby. Her legs were aching and tired. Although she hadn't done anywhere near the amount of walking she had yesterday her body was not coping too well with the added stress and exercise of the previous day. The thin rations of bread and water did not really help and more than once Sarah had almost taken a sip of the ketomine laced water bottle in her bag. The splashes of blood across her shirt and jeans had dried now and had left a thing brown-red layer across her usually clean clothes. Despite her best efforts the smell of blood still lingered.

After another moment of considering she hopped off the rock and moved towards the source of the sound. Both girls seem to be relaxing as if just assessing each other. Neither seemed to have any weapons apparent and Sarah smiled slightly. Taking a deep breath she stepped forward she spoke up, stuttering slightly. "he...hey guys. It's me, Sarah, they," she gulped, her bottom lip quivering ever so slightly, 'they are killing each other. You have to help. Please!" She stumbled a little forward, her body seemingly at its very limits, putting her hand forward on a tree to steady herself. She didn't have to act too much, her legs were in fact on the verge of giving out and she wanted nothing more than to sit down.

She looked down and breathing deeply once more continued her entrance. "I... came across Eve. They killed her. You can't trust anybody." Her eyes widening once more she took a step back. "How, how can I trust you?! What weapons do you have, please, don't kill me. Please!"

When you got down to it people were pretty easy to manipulate. Play the damsel in distress and having grown up with the stereotype most would rush to their aid. It was even easier with girls, since often their motherly instincts came in to play. Sarah didn't know whether it would work in this case or not, but at best it was a decent way of finding out what weapons they had so she could properly think of an entertaining script for her next scene. She had to... what was that they said?

Oh that's right.

Break a leg.
Edited by Fanatic, Sep 22 2010, 12:36 AM.
Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

William 'Woozie' Wu - "Hey Pheebs, you're amazing babe."

V4
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sarah shook her head in answer to Miranda's question. "I didn't see who it was, they ran off when I screamed. I tried to help, but it was too late." She held up a hand to her face, wiping away dirt and grime from her cheek. There was just so much blood, it's not mine, I'm ok, but, I couldn't..." She slumped down, covering her face with her hands. "I couldn't do anything."

Sarah was genuinely distraught, but not because of Eve's death. It was because she didn't do it right. Her next move would have to be planned better. Although not mentioned directly the two girls implied that they didn't possess firearms or anything else so she was relatively confident with Eve's sword and her own mixed bag of items if she timed it right could enact quite a moving scene. People loved drama, she had learnt this from film class. People's lives were so boring. Our lives drifts along with normal things happening. Some ups, some downs, but nothing to go down in history about. Nothing so fantastic or terrible that it'll be told for a thousand years. But Sarah had a chance. A chance to go down in the annuals of time, a masterpiece of work. She imagined it. Her name being heralded as the youngest successful director of all time. The imagery so real that for just a second she felt it had already happened.

Outwardly however, she continued sobbing. She would wait some time. With the announcements being broadcast she knew she had at least a few moments of respite before her name was called out by Danya and she intended to use that time to gain trust with her new found allies. Little Sarah Atwell couldn't possibly of murdered someone, she just didn't have it in her. But if someone was to accidentally trip, maybe hurt themselves in the process and somehow everyone else wanted to continue on and Sarah volunteered to stay, who was to say that she could be blamed for the events that might transpire next?

Why in every good movie people fell behind. Not everyone could survive or there would be no emotion, no heartbreak. And that just wouldn't do. A true masterpiece had to flow. Now was a lull in the movie but soon, soon, there would be drama once more.

Beneath her palms, tears running down her face, Sarah struggled to contain the smile that tried to fix itself to her face.
Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sarah looked up, ashen, as the two girls moved to reassure her, the comforting hand of Lily guiding her to a small pack of grass. "I know Miranda" she sniffled, wiping away a drip of snot which had formed at the tip of her nose. "I know you guys wouldn't hurt anyone, it's just I guess the boys. I think he was a guy I wasn't sure, whoever it was, they were big."

Sarah smiled sadly. "Look at me, rambling away when both of you are so calm and collected. I'm being stupid... I'm sorry. I bet you guys have a plan or something right? I think I'm just tired and all I want to do is brush my hair. That's dumb..."

She gave a weak laugh. "Maybe one of us should look around and the other two stay here just so we know there's no one close by."

Despite her short rest Sarah felt weary. It was a poor attempt to split the two but in her current state she felt it was more than justified. Either way she was going to stick with the group for at least a little while longer and in truth Sarah did hope that one of the girls had some sort of a plan. She might be concerned with ensuring her film debut went as planned but she still wouldn't mind a soft bed and a nice warm shower. In fact both of those things seemed fantastic right now. Her clothes were dirtied, her hair matted and her fingernails broken or worn. Even heading back to the infirmary would be nice right now.

"So," she questioned, "what should we do now?"

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sarah nodded to Lily as she mentioned that it was a bad idea to split. "I suppose you're right Lily, I guess I just don't want to wander around and run in to anyone who's killing people."

She gave a weak smile and then turned to Miranda. "I'm not sure what I got. I checked my bag when I woke up but the only thing that was in there was..." Sarah paused for a second her hand moving to her hip. The key was still there tucked away in the jean pocket. Pushing her hand in to the pocket she retrieved the key, her face displaying a look of startling surprise. Pulling it out she stared at the small metal object. "I guess this is it."

She turned the key over in her fingers and looked carefully at the object. It had no specks of rust and had come with a small tag scrawled with the word storage. She wasn't entirely sure that it would open anything on the island. Danya, from as much as she knew was a sick fuck he could of just grabbed a key for her to use as a weapon. Imagine stabbing someone to death with a key Sarah thought to herself. It was preposterous. Still, thinking about it her blood stirred just a little. Her cheeks slightly flushed she glanced up at her two new companions.

"Well, I'm not quite sure what to do now. To be honest I'm kind of scared to go look for anyone but if you guys have a plan could I stick with you?" Her hands clutched tight around the key and her face become a little more resolute. "I promise I won't get in the way and I can help out for sure. Plus maybe this key unlocks something, although I wouldn't know where. Any ideas?"

She wanted to get the two moving. Both looked like they were alert and at least partially rested. If the announcements came and Sarah's name was on them she really wanted anyone she was around to be at least a little puffed out in case she needed to get away.

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sarah froze when Miranda asked her probing question. Her entire body felt like a warm flush had just run through it. Did she suspect Sarah was lying? Did she know[/]? The girl fumbled for words, her mind desperately trying to come up with a reasonable answer for why she would ask them to split up. She was doing so well, everything was coming together. This wasn't right! The villain wasn't supposed to be revealed so early in the movie. She would have to move fast.

She thrust her hand deep in to her pack, slipping her fingers in to the side pocket where her scalpel lay. She would have to leap at one of them. Maybe Miranda first and ensure everything went smoothly. Her fingers tightened around the thin metallic handle when Lily spoke up.

"Guys, I think we can ask stuff like that later. We're standing out in the open and if whoever it was that killed Eve has a rifle, a bow and arrow, a slingshot, whatever, we're in bad shape. Just too bad we're not in a spot with standing trees."

Sarah nodded in agreement. "Yeah. I think Lily's right; we should start moving first. I'm just a little out of it. Sorry Miranda." She released her grip on the scalpel and moved her hand to the main section of the pack. Sarah pulled a clean water bottle from the bag and unscrewed the lip before taking a quick gulp. "I'm probably a little dehydrated too. I think I should be fine soon," she continued and motioned away from the group. "So where are we headed?"

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Mm" Sarah nodded in ascension as Miranda and Lily moved away. Time was getting on and she used the moment to quickly place her scalpel in to her pocket for easy access. Zipping up the bag she brushed away the few leaves that had fallen on her jean in the time she had taken to sit down and tried to wipe away the tears in her eyes. She still looked a bit disheveled but healthy enough to at least keep up with the two girls.

Hooking the pack up on to her shoulder she moved after the two figured further in to the wooded area. There probably weren't many students so deep inside there. Miranda was right. There would be plenty of cover there and it would keep the group away from prying eyes. Sarah certainly didn't want anyone interrupting them once she got started, that just wouldn't be very dramatic at all. Her gaze moved to Miranda's ankles for a brief second and Sarah smiled. Someone had told her once that the tendons in the ankles were crucial for walking. If Miranda had an accident, well Lily would have to go for help and Sarah would have no choice but to stay with her all by themselves.

((Sarah Atwell continued in Hearing is Believing))
Edited by Fanatic, Oct 26 2010, 02:50 AM.

V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply